Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Same character on each server?

skeeze12
skeeze12
Soul Shriven
Hey I created a character on the Europe server because the North American one wasn't working. When I go to North America server my character from the Europe server doesn't show up. Do I have to restart to play on North American Server or is there a way around this?thanks
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skeeze12 wrote: »
    Hey I created a character on the Europe server because the North American one wasn't working. When I go to North America server my character from the Europe server doesn't show up. Do I have to restart to play on North American Server or is there a way around this?thanks

Yes. Each character will be independent to whichever server you create him/her on.
  • ThePadreTemplar
    ThePadreTemplar
    Soul Shriven
    They are different. You'll have to start over or play on the EU server the entire time.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No separate server, separate characters. Sorry :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be sad, this is actually good. You have 8 on NA 8 on EU. So 16 characters and the guys that transferred to xb1 or ps4 now have 32 characters all together. Actually a very good deal, one thing ZoS did right.
    Edited by BigM on June 11, 2015 7:25PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL not sure how that happened I was in another thread. :)
    Edited by BigM on June 11, 2015 7:29PM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    skeeze12 wrote: »
    Do I have to restart to play on North American Server or is there a way around this?thanks
    The megaservers, two (NA and EU) for PC/Mac, one for PS4, and one for XBone, are completely separate entities, each having their own data bases, which are not shared or synchronized at all.

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on June 11, 2015 7:33PM
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello everyone,

We understand that you are looking for an answer on why EU characters are not showing when selecting the NA Megaserver but the original question has been answered very nicely by BigM. Moving forward and just in case anyone has any additional questions, we will be moving this discussion over to the Players Helping Players section.

Feel free to continue your discussion on this topic or even ask additional questions as we and our community will do our best to answer any questions that you may have.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post