Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level 8 , should I grind already ?

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    Having received the Hero of Bleakrock in gonna assume Ive done 100% of the island?
    Probably. That's the one that you get when you've found all 10 (or whatever the number is) of the missing villagers, right? If so, and if you've completed the quests to evacuate the island, then it's likely that you've done everything there is to do there. It's still possible that there might be a skyshard that you didn't get (although that's unlikely - you should have come across them while doing the quests), or an area of interest that you didn't discover, but most likely you've done everything there, and can move on to start doing everything in Bal Foyen (the 2nd starter zone for Ebonheart).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    This game is a bit odd in that after the introduction
    Per player request. One of the bigger design errors by ZOS, they should not have listened to the people who wanted everything at level 1.
    In the old days, you were dropped off at the starter island for your faction after the prison but some people complained that they couldn't leave the island until they had finished a quest so ZOS decided the right way to fix that is to dump everyone into the next zone.
    dry.gif
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Per player request. One of the bigger design errors by ZOS, they should not have listened to the people who wanted everything at level 1.
    In the old days, you were dropped off at the starter island for your faction after the prison but some people complained that they couldn't leave the island until they had finished a quest so ZOS decided the right way to fix that is to dump everyone into the next zone.
    dry.gif
    I have a word for those people: idiots. Seriously, listening to them was one of the absolute biggest mistakes ZOS has made. I literally cannot count the number of new players who I've spoken to who struggled with the game in one way or another because they had no idea that they were supposed to go and do the starter islands first. Back at PC launch I was one of them.

I really wish the people who bitched and moaned about this could be publicly shamed for all of the grief that they selfishly caused for new players.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I have a word for those people: idiots.
    @UrQuan
    I have another word for them: (wannabe) Journalists

The decision to skip the starter islands was made by ZOS shortly before the game launch after the last "Meet the press" beta weekend.
    Quite a few well known names in the industry complained that they had to finish the main quest on the starter islands before they could roam "freely" around Tamriel.

Everyone who was part of the closed beta told ZOS that skipping the starter islands was a BAD idea.
    But they were more afraid of bad press than a confused player base.
    sad.gif
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    Having received the Hero of Bleakrock in gonna assume Ive done 100% of the island?

Think that is only that you have done the main quest line in Bleakrock. Do you have Bleakrock Isle pathfinder achievement?
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • RefreshDaemon
    This game promotes uncovering the entire map. Most of the experience is given exploring, lockpicking chests, spelunking, etc... Quests are just there to guide you in a direction, but then you have to explore too. I am currently playing a Daggerfall toon, but by the time I got to the second starter island, I was already lv8; my advice is to explore, explore, explore.

In fact, this is the only MMORPG on console I would ever recommend because it doesn't feel like a "sandbox," and it doesn't feel like it is trying to push people to end game as fast as possible just to rinse and repeat arena based group content.
    Edited by RefreshDaemon on June 11, 2015 5:52AM
  • Glockaholic
    UrQuan wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    dry.gif
    I have a word for those people: idiots. Seriously, listening to them was one of the absolute biggest mistakes ZOS has made. I literally cannot count the number of new players who I've spoken to who struggled with the game in one way or another because they had no idea that they were supposed to go and do the starter islands first. Back at PC launch I was one of them.

I really wish the people who bitched and moaned about this could be publicly shamed for all of the grief that they selfishly caused for new players.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. As a brand new player on XBox, I assumed that finding myself in Auridon was my starting point for the Aldmeri Dominion, and completed a couple quests. If I hadn't been watching some early gameplay video and doing research in the wiki yesterday, I would've never heard of Khenarthi's Roost or known that it was my actual starting point with a quest to travel to Auridon. Fortunately, I wasn't so far into the game that it couldn't be fixed easily.
    I was a Dovahkiin..then I took an arrow in the knee!