The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

***Updated 2015!!*** Friends are supposed to be able to help each other out. Why am I alone so much?

Deloria
Deloria
✭✭✭
**2015 Edit** I came back for TU and oh crackers things have changed for the better... I necro'ed (below) to comment on the differences :) **

It's very frustrating to get left behind on a quest and suddenly I'm facing a monster all alone that I have no hope of beating. I am more of a social gamer unlike my boyfriend or his friends, and what they can do easily I really struggle with.

I don't think you meant the game to be so punishing to us players that want to team with our friends?

Please allow me to group with people a bit better. That also includes being able to go back and help people in quests I have already done. I dont care about xp or loot - I just want to be able to help them.

For me its a game-breaker if I have to spend all this time alone. It's too much really.
I go online for the social experience, not to wander corridors for endless hours alone while gangs of strangers rush past me doing the same thing I am doing.

Edited by Deloria on June 8, 2015 7:28PM
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of South Park episode named "You have 0 friends".
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Don't understand, why don't you join a guild? If your interested let me know:)
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    I had like ten guilds and I would say 90% of the time they don't eve talk, unless its WTS and a few dungeon request shouts.
  • Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    Got some tips for you.

I have duo'd 100% of the quests up through VR2 with someone.
    We always quest together.
    Rarely we get slightly out of phase and she or I have to wait a moment to be on same objective.

I have noticed much less phasing issues lately. Often we are able to help each other in instances even if one person got ahead of the other.

If you can't get into phase with your levelling partner try Travel to Player. I have been able to fully redo instanced fights to help my partner out when hers bugged or whatever.

I log out and back in at the drop of a hat if I come to an objective after she does and I don't see it activate. It fixes 99% of all problems.

Anyway duoing works great. But only if you are committed to it. There is a great deal of 4 person content but you have to aggressively recruit for it in your guild (get a better larger guild if that's not working) as a result since I duo I have skipped almost every single 4 person dungeon this time because I am happy duoing and don't want to slow down to coordinate. That's my choice though.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is right--this game needs to take a serious look at improving their grouping/social play. It's an MMO. Being able to help with past quests, instanced, group-only dungeons, in-game voice chat, name-tags. All these woul help get rid of this feeling of playing a stand-alone-game with a lot of other stand-alone players.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    kasain wrote: »
    I had like ten guilds and I would say 90% of the time they don't eve talk, unless its WTS and a few dungeon request shouts.

Definately haven't found the right guild yet then. We're all about teamwork, talking, helping. No WTS spam with us:)
    Edited by Maestro_Sartori on April 29, 2014 5:08PM
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    I am in 5 guilds.. and really they don't do anything. Most players have given up casual grouping. Those that think guilds are a fix for this are kind of missing my point. Some things - important thing I would say, simply arent groupable in the game.

I think personally the dungeons are a bit souless.. the interesting quests are storylines and they are what I want to share with other people.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭

Definately haven't found the right guild yet then. We're all about teamwork, talking, helping. No WTS spam with us:)

Maybe, but even the good guilds have not really made themselves known. Not that it is their issue. But many MMO's have a website where the leaders can post their guilds. New people can look them up. ESO does not really have anything like that, and you don't see any guilds post on here.

I saw one guild offer free Vampire bites on this forum, besides that no guild has ever been mentioned.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭

Maybe, but even the good guilds have not really made themselves known. Not that it is their issue. But many MMO's have a website where the leaders can post their guilds. New people can look them up. ESO does not really have anything like that, and you don't see any guilds post on here.

I saw one guild offer free Vampire bites on this forum, besides that no guild has ever been mentioned.

So whats this then?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-guild-headquarters

• tpb01
    tpb01
    ✭✭
    I am at a level 31, I have not found a good guild quite yet. So, I have found myself just teaming up with whatever group is ravaging through the dungeons, mines or towns-very spontaneous and informal depending on the situation. In a few tougher battles, I even waited a few seconds until more players gather and we all seem to attack intuitively.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deloria wrote: »
    I think personally the dungeons are a bit souless.. the interesting quests are storylines and they are what I want to share with other people.

Soulless is a good description of a lot of aspects of the game, I'm sorry to say. They really need to work on that--the basic elements are all there, but they need to make the game feel like a true, social, MMO. Not a game I'm playing by myself with what amounts to "player NPCs" all around me.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

• ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    me and my buddy have a character that we group and play together 100%. Then we both have our other guys we play when we are not playing together. The only time he doesn't come in my phase is if hes busy i may finish the quest. Then im in a different phase since ive done it. (For some quests. Mainly the ones that change the world.) But ill tell him what to do to complete it then where back together
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FRIENDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT. WHY AM I ALONE SO MUCH?

Because ZOS screwed up phasing for groups in a huge way.

This company feels like they have no real vision for how a MMO should really work.
  • merwanoreb17_ESO
    I wish I could be more alone in the game, so many annoying players making my quests less immersive.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree w/ OP. The whole point Elder Scrolls Online is to be able to play w/ others....online!. We can all go play far better single player ES games w/o a sub fee if we want that.

Sadly grouping was just terribly implemented when it should really been the one thing that shines in this game. Hopefully the devs are listening and/or recognize this is an important aspect of the game that needs to be worked on....and soon.

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deloria is right and this problem should be fixed. If it was made easier and more friendly, players would be compelled to help.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FRIENDS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT. WHY AM I ALONE SO MUCH?

BTW, as much as I agree with her... the title of this thread is the most depressing thing I've ever seen. Makes me want to give her a hug.

• Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    I just can agree to the topic, i also feel alone. I have a pvp guild, a general/pve guild and one big trading guild, thats it. I have met some players i added to my friends list and sometimes i chat and do vet dungeons with my guildies. Im german and the guild is multilingual, but everyone speaks in englisch even in ts. But since everyone has its own mother language the talk is pretty much... simple and task-focused.

The last time i felt really "home" in an mmo was back in wow classic/bc. After that experience the only situations where i really came together with people in other mmos were Grp-Content. I allways loved how people of different RL-communities ( work, school, study, different lifestyles, nations ) can work together and achieve hard tasks and have fun if the game provides the NEED FOR IT :)

All in all, my biggest hope for this game is craglorn and focus more and more on stuff you can only do by working together.

I would have made like a quarter of all the quests in zones grp content. My experience shows that people usually only grp together if its necessary ( or they know each other from before ).

So please.... ZOS ... pls create the NEED for adventuring together :) stop pretending everyone might grp up just for fun.
    Edited by Taid on April 29, 2014 6:41PM
    You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna necro my own thread - Cos I left the game shortly afterwards and now here I am again a year later to see what changed!

They fixed it!!

Kudos Zenimax for making the game the way we wanted it to be (I'm talking about the shared experience aspect).

Me and a good friend started some characters from scratch and we've gotten as far as VR6 - and the experience has been just lovely: It's very seldom we are split up - except the obvious solo quest lines for the main story - and this sort of thing is now rare enough to be interesting.

Secondly the game has gotten a lot simpler - on occasion we tend to feel overpowered together but part of that is that its now so much fun to do the quests together that we really take our time, rather than going for the quick win rush quests for the sake of advancing and moving along as we did before.

Long story short I ffeel I get far more fun out of the game than I ever did - and I can really see myself sticking around. It's possible to get a much better sense of the quests since the stress level is much lower - and this time around I'm really noticing a lot of little things that add richness to the world - perhaps because I can see and do a whole lot more together in our group than when I was struggling on my own.

*Happy*
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna necro my own thread - Cos I left the game shortly afterwards and now here I am again a year later to see what changed!

They fixed it!!

Kudos Zenimax for making the game the way we wanted it to be (I'm talking about the shared experience aspect).

Me and a good friend started some characters from scratch and we've gotten as far as VR6 - and the experience has been just lovely: It's very seldom we are split up - except the obvious solo quest lines for the main story - and this sort of thing is now rare enough to be interesting.

Secondly the game has gotten a lot simpler - on occasion we tend to feel overpowered together but part of that is that its now so much fun to do the quests together that we really take our time, rather than going for the quick win rush quests for the sake of advancing and moving along as we did before.

Long story short I ffeel I get far more fun out of the game than I ever did - and I can really see myself sticking around. It's possible to get a much better sense of the quests since the stress level is much lower - and this time around I'm really noticing a lot of little things that add richness to the world - perhaps because I can see and do a whole lot more together in our group than when I was struggling on my own.

*Happy*
    Nice to see how some things have changed in the past year! The phasing issues that you used to see constantly have been fixed about as much as it's possible to do so (you'll still be out of phase with people who haven't done certain quest steps when completion of that step causes a major difference in the environment).

Glad you're back and having fun!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason it's so lonely is because for a good deal of the players the solo experience is very easy (no insult intended), but this causes a general solo attitude as you can handle most things solo and be done with them efficiently.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might wanna update your title or at least the first post. Its... Misleading. Came here to point out the differences of old eso and the new updates but it seems you have seen it first hand :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying too!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are picking the wrong guilds. The whole point of a guild is camaraderie. Unless it's a trade guild I guess.
    If you find a good one, it's a totally different experience than what you're describing.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the game permits grouping for quests. Very little is required solo questing. Craglorn requires grouping for some of the quests. Maybe you could inform your bf he should spend some time questing with you.
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for those that missed it - but check post 20 - I necroed to describe the difference a year makes :)

I'm very very happy to come back and find that things have been fixed for the better - and group questing is now a lot of fun!

• Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So whats this then?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-guild-headquarters

Indeed, what is that. I have posted in there. And when the thread was active, I was actively gaining new members.

I think what @kasain pointed out is that people are too lazy to actually look around, and possibly look for a guild.
    Edited by Thymos on June 8, 2015 7:47PM
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible to get a much better sense of the quests since the stress level is much lower - and this time around I'm really noticing a lot of little things that add richness to the world - perhaps because I can see and do a whole lot more together in our group than when I was struggling on my own.

*Happy*

It is an entirely different game when you stop to smell the flowers.

I remember my first days playing and just figuring things out was so overwhelming that I could not enjoy the game. Plus I felt like i had to keep up with the Ad Hoc groups just to survive, and they were not taking time to read books or listen to dialog. Now I can putter, fritter or wail through things as I see fit. If the ad hoc group leaves me behind, I will catch up, or not.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"