Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DC I Want You To Read This (Especially Those Of You In Chillrend)

Publius_Scipio
Publius_Scipio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
http://nullsignifier.blogspot.com/2014/07/letters-from-tamriel-part-iv-war-in.html

This blog is a relic from a bygone era. I don't know if the person who wrote it is still around. But bless him for leaving this glimpse into the past for us. Pay close attention to part "IV Leaders of the Covenant".

Maybe this will get some pride back into you, some will to fight. Might even help those biceps.

Edit:

Read this one too. The part almost mid page that says "The Early Emperors".

http://nullsignifier.blogspot.com/2014/06/letters-from-tamriel-part-iii-welcome.html

We learn about the original Fixate, setting up the sequence of events that would ultimately cost Senior Fluffykins @FluffiestOne his sanity.
Edited by Publius_Scipio on June 7, 2015 6:32AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://nullsignifier.blogspot.com/2014/07/letters-from-tamriel-part-iv-war-in.html

This blog is a relic from a bygone era. I don't know if the person who wrote it is still around. But bless him for leaving this glimpse into the past for us. Pay close attention to part "IV Leaders of the Covenant".

Maybe this will get some pride back into you, some will to fight. Might even help those biceps.

Edit:

http://nullsignifier.blogspot.com/2014/06/letters-from-tamriel-part-iii-welcome.html

We learn about the original Fixate, setting up the sequence of events that would ultimately cost Senior Fluffykins @FluffiestOne his sanity.
    I... I don't know what this is? This is meant to be inspiring, That DC had a presence in PvP a month after launch? Most of those people are gone.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Edit:

I... I don't know what this is? This is meant to be inspiring, That DC had a presence in PvP a month after launch? Most of those people are gone.

Well it's a blog someone wrote. It is to show the DC that there was a time of great coordination amongst the groups making up the alliance (which can be achieved again). It also recounts the legendary tales of a Egypt, a young Senior Fluffykins, Brandon South Ga before he became Darth Vader.

Ultimately it's to encourage them to build up their biceps.
  • StienDeath
    StienDeath
    ✭✭✭
    but alas i miss those days ....
    Tired of getting trolled by ZOS MOD's ........
    Ban Hammer of Hear of Daggerfall
    Founding Member
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my people come fight through the day (US day) will we still get 1400PR non stop? orrrr is it safe to come back?
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss Blade Boques. :'(
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still pop into the pvp area from time to time when I have a huge bounty since no one can kill me for having it there and need to feed my horse so no point in doing anything else beside using it has an escape route currently from npc guards
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do remember when EP finished last.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DC doesn't need anyone back, you already have everyone you need to get the job done. You need more alliance communication and coordination.

Communication and coordination is the key to going bicep to bicep with the red and yellow zeros. I don't know where or what Senior Fluffykins is up to. Egypt is back and fights in Chillrend, but I don't think he has a sizable group behind him yet. AXN, Chimera, and HD55 aren't active in zone other than group auto invite, so I don't know what the interguild communication looks like. I know a guy named Big Tone does his best and tries hard but he doesn't get the help he should all the time.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on June 7, 2015 3:11PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to coordinate DCs guilds, maybe make a guild/group leaders guild specifically for talking to each other. AD had one fairly recently that I was in, not sure if it's still around. But all the group leads were in there and whenever we needed to coordinate for emp pushes or dethrones, etc, we would do it there. Food for thought.

rip decibel
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't want to be DC leader. I keep telling the current leaders to communicate and coordinate better so that DC fights as an alliance.

Ask all of DC on Chillrend. I already told 90% of them that they lack biceps.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's with you and biceps? Every day it's bicep this bicep that even in zone chat.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC doesn't need anyone back, you already have everyone you need to get the job done. You need more alliance communication and coordination.
    Ask all of DC on Chillrend. I already told 90% of them that they lack biceps.
    These quotes contradict. But I can probably confirm the second quote as an under estimation. I'm within the top 10%, and I'm pretty sure I lack what ever it is you mean by "biceps".

Besides, everyone recognizes most of DC needs help learning the current meta, but no one wants the job to train. Not that there's a good campaign for players to learn on left. More and more I'm seeing DC go to 2 bars while EP is pop locked, and 1 bar everywhere else. The frustration is real. :(

Edited by driosketch on June 7, 2015 5:59PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will be your leader DC. Fetch me a sandwich.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    What's with you and biceps? Every day it's bicep this bicep that even in zone chat.

Pubix has vocabulary OCD and tends to say the same thing again and again, impressing only himself.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Pubix has vocabulary OCD and tends to say the same thing again and again, impressing only himself.

/flexbiceps
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Protein shake instead.

DC in chillrend lack everything from coordination to the simple spark of an idea to simply mimic what the EP zergs do back to them. I call this lack of biceps.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of DC has Pube on their ignore list.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    I think most of DC has Pube on their ignore list.

Most likely. The ones with thin mint biceps for sure. You DC need a miracle. You probably need Bitaken to be resurrected and come back with EHJ at full strength.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    8831411-Portrait-of-a-strong-young-boy-showing-the-muscles-of-his-arms-Stock-Photo.jpg

DC in Chillrend

legal-steroids-gnc.png

EP in Chillrend
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Let's face it...they all look like this *really*

southpark-mmo-gamer-ps4-gamer-640x428.jpg

Except me, of course.
    Edited by God_flakes on June 7, 2015 7:25PM
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ground oils, oh how I miss you...
    ~Thallen~
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DC just never really had a solid leadership group people listened to. I remember way back, DC would always tell me how much they hated getting told in zone chat by No Mercy, or Brandon, etc. Whereas in EP and AD, while there was always some vocal opposition, pugs tended to listen for the most part. You could move the population around, defend and push when you needed to. I can't remember Not having someone in EP that could talk in zone and be listened to, and from what I hear from my DC friends this has not been the case.

Having a guild that's well respected and can get DC coordinated and playing together could be massive for the faction and the game. I'd love to see DC gather, claim a server and regain some pride.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    DC just never really had a solid leadership group people listened to. I remember way back, DC would always tell me how much they hated getting told in zone chat by No Mercy, or Brandon, etc. Whereas in EP and AD, while there was always some vocal opposition, pugs tended to listen for the most part. You could move the population around, defend and push when you needed to. I can't remember Not having someone in EP that could talk in zone and be listened to, and from what I hear from my DC friends this has not been the case.

Having a guild that's well respected and can get DC coordinated and playing together could be massive for the faction and the game. I'd love to see DC gather, claim a server and regain some pride.
    My fellow EP brethren, this is a dark day indeed...
    traitor_among_us.jpg
    Edited by Teargrants on June 7, 2015 10:56PM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Talk to bulba about that! He said dark things in TS last night. Things Kirin Blaze would not abide.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wut
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giahh wrote: »
    If my people come fight through the day (US day) will we still get 1400PR non stop? orrrr is it safe to come back?

I'd do you.
    Fluffy
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Lunamarie
    Lunamarie
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Maybe they don't feed the soldiers enough decent food on DC and they all defected to EP.

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since about a month after launch DC has pretty much fundamentally had less pop and displayed issues with authority. It doesn't help that some huge guilds defected from DC and others just left for other games. It never really did help that some DC leaders of the guilds that were left were toxic to the extreme. Combine that with lackluster early game racial passives and it's been a recipe for disaster ever since.

Don't get me wrong. I am in DC and I like it and most of the folks in it now and I main on NA Chillrend. There are some solid guilds that continuously destroy the larger numbers they face on a regular basis. Sometimes it's very inspiring. But... in the end numbers and constant pressure are key and that just isn't in the mix for DC at the moment and has been lacking for the last year.

It seems to me now that racial passives mean more with the removal of softcaps and improved stamina builds DC racial passives offer stiff competition but let's face it. Folks are pretty much entrenched now. Perhaps not so much after VR ranks are removed but until then populations are going to be pretty stagnant without a huge influx of players and most still seem to want to play EP , AD, DC in that order.

I don't know what the solution is, but it's clear something needs to change either with population controls or stronger incentives for players to DC up.

• FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cnf5bLH.jpg

Team DC... we can do it. :)
    Fluffy
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic but I play DC, I like to PVP and Chill is my home campaign on my main which is now VR4. However after trying Chill a couple of times at VR1 and 2 I did what any sane person would and rolled an alt so I could go back to the kiddies pool that is Blackwater. BWB is a lot of fun and DC sometime wins (think we've won the last 3 actually).

I don't think you'll see an influx of fresh DC players because of the barrier to entry for low veteran rank toons especially on the low pop faction. I guess for an EP or AD fresh VR player things are easier because you have more backup.

They need to actually ditch veteran ranks or boost fresh veteran rank players in the regular campaigns. I'll get there eventually but when I'm splitting time between lowbie pvp on alts and leveling my main it may take some time.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cnf5bLH.jpg

Team DC... we can do it. :)

So happy for you Fixate!!!!! Glad to see all our hard work has paid off!