The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO pc to console

JimEra
JimEra
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update

This was over a year ago... they say that "you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice" yet for those of us who DID purchase the imperial editions no less well over a year ago but spam filter caught the email to transfer, now its too late and they are saying oh well you have to pay full price again?
They encouraged us to purchase it then and would be able to get it on console later....wat do?
  • JimEra
    JimEra
    This being said, at the time of purchase and subscribing to this offer I was never given any indication that we would be limited with our response time. Hell, they took a year to release but I get the negative end of this.

Is there any way to get a refund since Zenimax is refusing to uphold their end of the bargain by providing the access that I paid for?
  • PAGtheWhack
    Same here, 30 days is quite a short period of time.
    Even more since the only reason i bought teso for PC was that they told us that the console version will be at least cheaper.

To be honest i wouldn't mind giving the pc account back to you and you give me the xbox one version in return.
    Edited by PAGtheWhack on May 28, 2015 10:08AM
  • PAGtheWhack
    On this behalf:

elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update

We know from the frequent questions we get that many of you are excited about playing ESO on the PS4 and Xbox One, and today we’d like to share an official update on the status of these releases. Read on for the latest information:

We've been grateful to our fans for the wonderful response to our recent launch of The Elder Scrolls Online for PC/Mac, but we know many of you are eagerly waiting to play the game on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks—which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other—has been a challenging process. It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible. Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.

We know that the news of an ESO console delay is as disappointing to many of you as it is to us. We want to do what we can to make it up to our fans who want to start playing now, so we have worked out the following arrangement with Sony and Microsoft:

Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and activates the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For 14.99 EUR/12.99 GBP/ 20.00 AUS, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.

Whether you decide to take advantage of this offer or not, we promise to do everything we can to get the game released on both consoles as quickly as we can. We will keep everyone updated with additional details regarding character transfers, specific offer dates, when you can expect console beta to start, and of course, when ESO on consoles will launch.

Thank you for your patience and loyal support.
  • Asyte
    Asyte
    Soul Shriven
    Here is my original message to CS about console transfer:

I am an extremely loyal customer to Zenimax/Bethesda, I've thoroughly played every rpg you've released since Morrowind. Last May I was extremely let down with the initial one month delay in release to console, I had purchased a PS4 for just this game. I have a sub-par laptop, that could barely play the PC version, but still purchased it for PC, I was one of ESO's first customers.. I purchased a 60 day game-time card, and slugged through as much as I could with my computer constantly crashing, rebooting and trying to make another short distance and crash once more. I have patiently waited for console release, with the continuing promise from you guys the console version would be made available at a discounted rate for those who had already purchased the PC version. Due to a death in the family, I spent the month of April out of country, without access to my email and missed the opportunity to purchase the transferred version. Please, I really want to continue playing and being a loyal customer, but can't justify paying for the same game twice, especially when the initial delay was not my fault. The window you offered was very short, and just happened to be awful timing for my life. Please help me be a loyal customer and not a bitter one.

Regards,
    "Asyte"

this was Customer Services reply:

Thanks for contacting us regarding your inquiry about the console transfer. At this time, this offer has expired and is not available for purchase. I understand how frustrating this must be in regards to the unfortunate reason that you missed out on this offer.

I would highly recommend submitting feedback regarding your desire to have this offer opened up to eligible players again on our forums. If you dont have a forum account and would like for me to create one for you to do so, simply reply back with your top three username choices and we would be more than happy to do so.

I read that as: "tough luck but you can post on our forums if you like."

I understand the making of digital games, and I understand that there must be alot to the process of transferring characters, but just saying | sorry we can't" without any real explanation is unacceptable. This is something that was PROMISED in our original purchase, and was originally only supposed to have a one month delay, then a two month delay, and then a year... Sending out a single email with the information for transfers, and then limiting the amount of time people had to do so, is a shady way of circumventing a promise.

The truth is BETHESDA SCREWED UP announcing their initial release dates, that's all. Now they are trying to make up for their mistake ( and loss of profits ) by letting their problems roll down hill onto their already paying customers.

I ONLY purchased the PC version, because of the promise of console/character transfer availability.
  • JimEra
    JimEra
    Well the BBB accepted my complaint so i guess we will see wat happens within 30 days
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimEra wrote: »
    Well the BBB accepted my complaint so i guess we will see wat happens within 30 days

the BBB gave EA an A+, how do you THINK it will turn out?
  • Crymthann
    Crymthann
    ✭✭
    I have said this before and i say it again this offer should be open until consoles launch if you have already bought the game.I miss the boat by hours(your fault Zenimax, it should have been midnight on the 9th) So i will not be buying the console version.I would have gladly paid my 20 dollars on top of the imperial addition i already bought.But you failed to take my money.Bad job Zenimax
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On this behalf:

We know from the frequent questions we get that many of you are excited about playing ESO on the PS4 and Xbox One, and today we’d like to share an official update on the status of these releases. Read on for the latest information:

We've been grateful to our fans for the wonderful response to our recent launch of The Elder Scrolls Online for PC/Mac, but we know many of you are eagerly waiting to play the game on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer’s networks—which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other—has been a challenging process. It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn’t going to be possible. Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we’ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.

We know that the news of an ESO console delay is as disappointing to many of you as it is to us. We want to do what we can to make it up to our fans who want to start playing now, so we have worked out the following arrangement with Sony and Microsoft:

Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and activates the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For 14.99 EUR/12.99 GBP/ 20.00 AUS, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.

Whether you decide to take advantage of this offer or not, we promise to do everything we can to get the game released on both consoles as quickly as we can. We will keep everyone updated with additional details regarding character transfers, specific offer dates, when you can expect console beta to start, and of course, when ESO on consoles will launch.

Thank you for your patience and loyal support.

Your bold section shares the terms. It's sad that people miss out on offers but I think you did a good job pointing out the opportunity and showing that nothing was guaranteed. It was just an offer with an opportunity subject to what ppl missed

It did suck that there wasnt a lot of info early on but their road ahead article in March or so prior did specify details
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 31, 2015 3:58AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • beardedJoe
    beardedJoe
    ✭✭✭
    yup, the games not even out , we missed the boat so screw us
  • Lothrin
    Lothrin
    JimEra wrote: »

The BBB has no way of enforcement, all they can do is provide a "grade" to the public. You are probably better off writing the FTC.
  • aftershock911_ESO
    Yeah my wife and I both missed the email along with 3 co-workers.
    Support might as well have said "k wel sux 2 b u"
    I refuse to spend another $160 for our two accounts to play on console.
    I also refuse to support or purchase another Zenimax or Bethesda game ever again.
    Very bitter EX-Customers here.
  • animalchubs
    yep, so many of us missed it. And you know whats funny? I played GTA on my Xbone today and under one of the options was a button to freaking transfer! Maybe TESO should take some notes.
  • wilsonirayb16_ESO
    On this behalf:

We know from the frequent questions we get that many of you are excited about playing ESO on the PS4 and Xbox One....

Still have not met one person who is excited about playing a year + old game that has completely finished content (by the players), no new content and on an inferior set of hardware.

I really hope PC players aren't moving to console so they can use a gamepad....

EDIT: I met a few bots whom are excited about the transfer.
    Edited by wilsonirayb16_ESO on June 3, 2015 7:41PM
  • jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    jwboudreau1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, the promotion was sent to my spam mail folder, too. I didn't even think about looking into it until mid last month, considering the game wasn't even out for consoles, yet, I figured that I was prepurchasing early... nope.

I emailed customer care and didn't get a reply. I tweeted ZOS and didn't get a response. SO close to unsubscribing. I've subscribed since the beginning. They should be accommodating their loyal fanbase, not ignoring them.
  • Qberry21
    Qberry21
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Bought the game on release date for my Mac ONLY because they said there would be a character transfer available. What kind of a window is 30 days anyway? What if someone's money is tied up that month? What if they had an emergency and were too busy to check their email or social media? People have lives too you know... A 30 day window is unacceptable in my eyes. I understand you may not be able to transfer them this instant, but at least give us confirmation that we haven't lost our character that we built up for a year. As long as you guys give us another chance for a transfer, I'll be happy. If not, I'm unsubscribing.
    Edited by Qberry21 on June 4, 2015 2:42AM
  • Qberry21
    Qberry21
    yep, so many of us missed it. And you know whats funny? I played GTA on my Xbone today and under one of the options was a button to freaking transfer! Maybe TESO should take some notes.

Lol seriously though! You can transfer any character, at any time. Take some pointers zenimax :P
  • beardedJoe
    beardedJoe
    ✭✭✭
    yea me and my freinds thought it would be like GTA , but naa 30 day deadline before the game is even out. no console player would have seen this coming.
  • LulleK
    LulleK
    Qberry21 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Bought the game on release date for my Mac ONLY because they said there would be a character transfer available. What kind of a window is 30 days anyway? What if someone's money is tied up that month? What if they had an emergency and were too busy to check their email or social media? People have lives too you know... A 30 day window is unacceptable in my eyes. I understand you may not be able to transfer them this instant, but at least give us confirmation that we haven't lost our character that we built up for a year. As long as you guys give us another chance for a transfer, I'll be happy. If not, I'm unsubscribing.

+1

I really can pay full price for the console version again even though the promised something else, but the amount of time I put into the PC-version, I really, very much, do not want to be a waste.
  • Qberry21
    Qberry21
    Edited by Qberry21 on June 4, 2015 4:01PM
  • Qberry21
    Qberry21
    LulleK wrote: »
    Qberry21 wrote: »

+1

I really can pay full price for the console version again even though the promised something else, but the amount of time I put into the PC-version, I really, very much, do not want to be a waste.

Exactly. I've actually already pre-ordered the console version at full price. I don't mind paying full price at all. But I refuse to lose my character like that... Come on ZOS, just give us another chance for the transfer! Do they realize how many people will unsub if they don't let us transfer our character? That's a huuuge loss in profit for something so stupid. It's almost like they're trying to prove a point. We know it can be done! It's been done in many other games before.
    Edited by Qberry21 on June 4, 2015 11:56PM
  • LulleK
    LulleK
    I've also pre ordered it at full price in hope that this will be solved somehow, and I will be able to play with my caracters on console. :) I love this game so I keep my fingers crossed!
  • rudy.samborukb14_ESO
    rudy.samborukb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Missed it here too. I've been playing since BETA and have been wanting to play on console since then. Missed the announcement until a couple weeks ago, and I can't see myself paying full price and starting completely over just to play on my console now. I'd gladly pay the $20 dollars right now to have an account on the PS4.
  • Swordid
    Swordid
    I also missed it thanks to spam filter apparently. I sent an email to CS but it seems like reading about everyone else's experience that I can expect the "tough luck" answer. Really is a shame that everyone who purchased the PC version at launch were under the impression we could easily pickup a PS4 copy and not have to start over, but a 30 day window weeks before the actual launch and with only one email to notify is a bit lackluster delivery on Zenimax's end.

I prefer the PC platform, but as I have PSN friends, I sometimes like to grab versions on both (Diablo was fun on the PS4 even after hours on the PC). That being said, I will not pay $59.99 for a re-release of a game I already have paid more than that for AND paid to subscribe to as well. To then also have to start over from scratch when I was under the impression I could copy over my characters I had already invested a year into. They say to post in the forums about wanting the feature brought back, so here is mine:

If I cannot copy my character to the PS4 and receive a discount on the game, then I will not be playing ESO on the PS4 and I will be ending my support for the PC one as well. I also will not recommend to or encourage any of my friends from picking up the PS4 copy unless they want to deal with unfinished end game content and crappy customer service.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update
    Edited by Swordid on June 6, 2015 5:32AM
  • GamerAmelli
    GamerAmelli
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also a victim of the spam filter, and got the same BS from ZM.

The only reason I bought the PC version was because of the seemingly solid promise ZM gave to allow us to transfer over to console. But nowhere did it say at the time that it would be a limited offer, otherwise I would probably have not bothered and waited until console release (but of course they wouldn't be truthful and admit they where going to slam it on a limited offer transfer as then they would have had far less pre-orders of the pc game as most consolers would have just waited, I suspect, yet another money grab tactic from ZM).

If ZM think I'm going to start all over again and buy the game again at console price you are kidding yourselves. I will not support that kind of money grabbing mentality. Besides, what have ZM to lose really by allowing us to buy a transfer in the store again? They will still make money off the transfers.

Really reeks of the desperation ZM are feeling if they have to resort to such low tactics to keep themselves afloat and force already loyal customers to buy the console version and start all over just because we missed out on their limited time offer (That shouldn't even exist, and only exists because ZM are afraid of haemorrhaging extra profits from potential console sales).