Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Completion

randolphbenoit
randolphbenoit
✭✭✭✭
As of last night the last trait to be research completed. After a year my main toon (character) now has all crafting maxed and research done (now time for fishing lol). While most use multiple toons doing one was much harder. I like to know how many others have all crafting skills, research and achievements (on one character) done.Also now you finished crafting what are your new goals?
the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    My first character is my crafter. I finished all the 9th traits about 3 weeks ago and have all other professions maxed out. I made the decision back a year ago I would go this way, yes it would take longer to do, but in the long run it pays off in money and just the convenience of having one character being about to do it all.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started this thread a few months ago on the topic. You may find it interesting.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150979/race-to-the-trait-research-finish-line-winner-gyudan/p1
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I slack on nirn research but I will eventually get there.... my main is lvl'ed in all crafts, and I want to learn all the recipes on her too. I'm a completionist....
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main toon has finished everything on one toon, so I released the skill points and waiting for a 9 trait armor set that is worth making.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I started this thread a few months ago on the topic. You may find it interesting.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150979/race-to-the-trait-research-finish-line-winner-gyudan/p1

Thx
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first character is my max crafter. As of 5/29 I will be done with all of my trait researches and can't wait! The problem now, is that the upcoming DLC will probably add 3 more traits....DOH!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost have 5 of the Heavy Armor in Nirn, just started Light Armor last night (first 3 pieces). I also know a Nirn Shield, Sword, and Dagger. No Medium as of yet.

I have a long way to go, but only recently started acquiring enough gold to go after this stuff. And, since it does not come up for me farming, buying it is the only way for me.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup just finished everything exactly on May 9th. There are a few more people that got there first before me, though as evident in Ourorboros' thread :).

Such an accomplishment.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    My first character is my max crafter. As of 5/29 I will be done with all of my trait researches and can't wait! The problem now, is that the upcoming DLC will probably add 3 more traits....DOH!
    I know, I feel like I should enjoy the accomplishment of research completion during this brief period while it lasts, because once they finally start releasing DLC, it'll be on to the next new trait(s).

I remain marginally hopeful that we will get some useful 9 trait crafting stations with upcoming DLC, but suspect it's more likely they'll start throwing 10 trait sets at us instead!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    ..I remain marginally hopeful that we will get some useful 9 trait crafting stations with upcoming DLC, but suspect it's more likely they'll start throwing 10 trait sets at us instead!

@Slurg If they plan on a 10th trait I wish they release now as I need something to do!

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I know, I feel like I should enjoy the accomplishment of research completion during this brief period while it lasts, because once they finally start releasing DLC, it'll be on to the next new trait(s).

I remain marginally hopeful that we will get some useful 9 trait crafting stations with upcoming DLC, but suspect it's more likely they'll start throwing 10 trait sets at us instead!

Personally I feel like we have enough traits in the game. People don't use them as it is. There's no point in adding another trait really unless they make them all more viable. Sturdy, I've made less than 5 sturdy items EVER that weren't a research item. Everyone wants infused, or divines, or nirnhoned or reinforced even more than impenetrable these days. As far as weapon traits, forget about it, it's precise or sharpened and an occasional nirnhoned. That's it.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I feel like we have enough traits in the game. People don't use them as it is. There's no point in adding another trait really unless they make them all more viable. Sturdy, I've made less than 5 sturdy items EVER that weren't a research item. Everyone wants infused, or divines, or nirnhoned or reinforced even more than impenetrable these days. As far as weapon traits, forget about it, it's precise or sharpened and an occasional nirnhoned. That's it.

Yes, those are the most popular ones. However Training is a great trait for the first levels of the game, and or when grinding up a new weapon/armor skill. Esp with the recent buff. I ran Training on all my single pieces of armor while leveling (5/1/1 set up) to get them to level to 50 before my character was at L50.

Exploration is good for the first 10 levels or so. Especially if you travel the map going to different Guild Mates.

One that really surprised me was Well Fitted. I made a set of gear with that on all 7 pieces and all medium armor. That character could sprint forever. Well, almost forever, but certainly from one farming node to another one.

Traits like Sturdy would be more popular if they have more of an impact on the degradation of the armor.

So, there are really useful traits, and some traits that are useful in given situations.

I do agree that some traits do need to be overhauled or buffed.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well fitted is surprisingly useful in certain situations like those annoying timed quests. I like exploration on veterans for the Cadwell's zones too. Training is good for the weapon lines I just never got around to leveling.

I'd much rather see existing traits adjusted over having new ones added, but I just can't imagine that the powers that be would let us be finished with research for good. Hopefully it'll be a little while before we're sent off to chase the next new trait though.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smithing finished in 12d and clothing in 17d, still 3 items to research.

Then a respec to get back 8 skills points from passive researchs, already did it in woodworking, because it's still hard.

Still need to collect ~2800 craft nodes and refine 1600 items.
    I had leveled my craf before the achievement was live so I still didn't finished it.

Greatly think that in next update or maybe the next one in sept/october, we'll got our 10th trait to get an equivalent to Nirm for stam players. I should be fun to find that ressource only in Orc zones. Crafters should be ready for that.

Also improve useless traits :

- Ajusted trait. maybe add speed movement too. That'll make nightblades a bit harder to follow but less resistants. ( + speed movement +1%white / 2%green / 3%blue / 4%purple / 5%gold) 7 items will get a +21/35% with is a good horse.

- Solid one, because it's totally unwanted. Make the thing that a solid gold item is 100% repair free. (40% white, 55%green, 70% blue, 85% purple, 100% gold).

- Charged on weapons trait should also get a boost. Maybe merge it with Energized which also need (a bit) more love, and make Charged something else. who use charged weapons ?
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil