The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

About Detection Potions...

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    jrkhan wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    When and where was this mentioned anyway?
    Have read people mentioning an upcoming change that Detection potions will no longer work on Cloak, but have never caught the official source on it.
    Such a change would make Cloak far too powerful. At present it is well balanced between its strength and the power and free availability of its best counter.

It will be fine, just spam any aoe in the location you saw the nb. There are plenty of counters to Dark Cloak without detection pots.
    Where is my potion of ignore projectile relection for the next 40 seconds?

That really doesn't work all that well.

oh, and it's called a big sword, ignores reflect.

Umm I use use AoEs to pop other Nightblades out when I run my AoE build it always works

Yes, I do too, when I can hit them. Some move really fast while cloaked, and the good ones change direction. I guess if you run caltrops all the time it's not a problem, but I don't, all my aoe's are pretty small as magicka. If I didn't have detect pots, they'd almost always get away after an attempted gank. I'm glad there is a real counter to cloak.

If they were to turn around and fight after I pop a detect pot, I would have no other pot to use for a while.
    Edited by Domander on June 2, 2015 11:56PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jrkhan wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »

That really doesn't work all that well.

oh, and it's called a big sword, ignores reflect.
    You missed the point. There are multiple abilities and item sets that increase detection range. As well as any aoe (which works fine for me)

Either mage light, sentry, and way of air bonuses are underpowered, or the potion buff is too strong - since there is almost an order of magnitude difference between them. As the OP suggests, one way of handling this would be to decrease the duration. Another would be to reduce the distance to be more in line with other similar abilities.

[...]

Radiant Magelight can reveal hidden enemies. Sentry/Way of Air increase detection range + they are medium armor. These sets make you able to see the enemy first when you both sneak, they have nothing to do with cloak.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this doesn't need to be nerfed. Most NBs move so fast (not even being vampires) that they can outrange the radius of detection anyway if they know what they are doing. We don't need to dumb the game down, we need to force those that don't know to learn IMO.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Radiant Magelight can reveal hidden enemies. Sentry/Way of Air increase detection range + they are medium armor. These sets make you able to see the enemy first when you both sneak, they have nothing to do with cloak.

You are right, they don't impact cloak. Soon, neither will detect pots.
    Which reinforces the point that the potion is currently significantly more effective at countering stealth than other similar abilities.
    The point being that there is a significant difference between detect pot and the next available option.
    Either stealth is too strong in pvp, and we should give players greater detection range out of the box/make ap purchasable detect pots, or detect pots are too strong, and should be toned down.

A 40m aoe reveal would probably be at around the power level of an ultimate, relative to other existing abilities.
    Edited by jrkhan on June 3, 2015 8:30PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second they remove Dark Cloak from being revealed by Detect Pots they're going to have to seriously give both Templars and DKs an escape method like Nightblades and Sorcs..otherwise its not going to be fair at all.

• jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    The second they remove Dark Cloak from being revealed by Detect Pots they're going to have to seriously give both Templars and DKs an escape method like Nightblades and Sorcs..otherwise its not going to be fair at all.
    Seriously, use caltrops or reveal. I've rarely seen a nb stealth away with dark cloak against a determined player who's competent at placing gtaoes.
    When I don't even have an aoe slotted I can track down the vast majority of players who try to cloak away. It's not difficult, but I'm sure if you've been using detect pots all along, you probably haven't honed your ability to do so.

I usually just think - what direction would I move in if I were trying to escape in his situation... And that's typically where they are.

Edited by jrkhan on June 3, 2015 9:30PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and when the two tankest classes with the best heals BroLife and Green Dragon Blood get an escape I will want a super heal
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and when the two tankest classes with the best heals BroLife and Green Dragon Blood get an escape I will want a super heal

Every single stamina dk and stamina templar runs vigor over their regular heals. Nightblades can be one of the tankiest classes in the game as well with heavy armor. Sorcs of course are just super tanky with shields. So there is really nothing nbs or sorcs don't have over temp and dk right now
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key Word Stamina cause stamina heals use to suck in 1.5 and on a stamina build Vigor and Rally are better then any class magic heals cause they scale off stamina and weapon damage. My class HoTs are strong on my magic builds but my Stamina don't even waste the skill points

Also no way in hell Stamina DKs dropped Green Dragon with a 40% stamina regen buff and 33% missing health Health cause of a stamina heal don't play Dragon Knight but I know I would run both
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key Word Stamina cause stamina heals use to suck in 1.5 and on a stamina build Vigor and Rally are better then any class magic heals cause they scale off stamina and weapon damage. My class HoTs are strong on my magic builds but my Stamina don't even waste the skill points

Also no way in hell Stamina DKs dropped Green Dragon with a 40% stamina regen buff and 33% missing health Health cause of a stamina heal don't play Dragon Knight but I know I would run both

It's a 20% stamina regen buff that you can also get from multiple potions and the heal itself is complete ass compared to vigor in terms of the amount healed. You'd be a fool to use gdb over vigor at any point if you are stamina
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth detection pots are absolutely OP. I'm a DK, and I carry 200 detection pots with me at all times, because I use them religiously.

They are OP, of course I am going to use them. Why are they OP? Well... for one the duration is quite extreme. But the most important reason is that if I use one, the NB has no idea I have used one. There needs to be a better animation on myself for when I have used a stealth detect potion. I can't tell you how many NBs I see try and try again to stealth because they simply do not understand what is happening. With the plethora of bugs in this game, most of them probably think their stealth is just bugging out, as it does.

Revealing flare, huge obvious animation and ground display. Mage light, super obvious blue ball of light, detection pot..... nada.