The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About Detection Potions...

Lava_Croft
Lava_Croft
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Please reduce their duration to a number that's not completely bonkers.
  • Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on December 9, 2015 7:51PM
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    A valid counter to stealth mechanics. Lets nerf it. Argument: Its bonkers.

I have a good feeling about this thread
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth is one of the worst things about this game imo. You shouldn't be able to stealth up after willingly entering combat period. I'm thankful for detect pots, it's to the point where you cant PvP without them otherwise this wojld be Nightblade pickaboo online.
  • Lyzaaa
    Lyzaaa
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the point of detection potions if that certain class its meant for can perma dodge roll, whoa u can see em now but u still cant hit em:P
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

As someone who plays a Nightblade..I say no.... Dark Cloak would be incredibly op otherwise.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stealth in general needs reworked tired of fighting some one just for them to to instaly go invisable and then for them to spamming there crit attacks getting massive stealth bonuses and rinse and repeating it. Like there nice yes but they shouldn't be a crutch where you need them just to fight one guy who is spamming cloak or stealth once in combat you shouldn't be allowed to stealth till after you get a so so distance away from them. Like both need tweeked potions and stealth. Cause it is kinda annoying trying to sneak around but can't cause you're getting notice 30 meters away and can't go stealth cause the timer won't let you.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on May 25, 2015 9:46PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

As someone who plays a Nightblade..I say no.... Dark Cloak would be incredibly op otherwise.

dark cloak is going to be excluded anyway :/
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

When and where was this mentioned anyway?
    Have read people mentioning an upcoming change that Detection potions will no longer work on Cloak, but have never caught the official source on it.
    Such a change would make Cloak far too powerful. At present it is well balanced between its strength and the power and free availability of its best counter.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't really matter anyway, even when you are detected if you use cloak you still dodge all attacks you are hit with. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Take away the ability to dodge all attacks even when you are 'cloaked' and detected, and then you can start messing with the duration of detection pots.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't really matter anyway, even when you are detected if you use cloak you still dodge all attacks you are hit with. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Take away the ability to dodge all attacks even when you are 'cloaked' and detected, and then you can start messing with the duration of detection pots.

Not all attacks, but many attacks in game yes.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Have read people mentioning an upcoming change that Detection potions will no longer work on Cloak, but have never caught the official source on it.
    Such a change would make Cloak far too powerful. At present it is well balanced between its strength and the power and free availability of its best counter.
    ESO Live - from friday 2 weeks ago if i remember right

its all but only 4 within its duration.
    Edited by Tankqull on May 26, 2015 7:51AM

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ESO Live - from friday 2 weeks ago if i remember right

its all but only 4 within its duration.

Thanks for the rough insight as to when, will have to go check it out.
    Hopefully they have other changes in the pipeline to counter-balance the change though, otherwise the skill will simply be far too powerful.

The limitation of skills that can miss within the Cloak duration is true as well, and can be utilized to one's advantage.
    There are also skills that ignore the miss chance caused by Cloak.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kater_Murr wrote: »
    And please add "LOL" button to posts like this.
    This ^^

Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's be honest here. NB's have no natural defense. Cloak is IT. Every other class has defense mechanics that allow them a measure of survivability they can stack. NB? No blinky. No shields to stack (really). Cloak is our only escape route and now detect pots are so stupidly OP- we have no way to escape battle and recharge our resources. Have pity on NB's.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce? You mean increase, right? It should last for at least 5 minutes.
    Edited by Garion on May 31, 2015 4:15PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please remove impediments to my ability to run around invisibly oneshotting people.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should get pots that let me by-pass damage shields for 41.3 to balance the fact that my class defense is so jokingly weak Detect pots makes my "Cloak Shield" an easy kill with pots and a power that negates 56% of stealth damage and stops all stealth stuns it's hard perma counter to the two powers from Shadow that are worth a damn
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should get pots that let me by-pass damage shields for 41.3 to balance the fact that my class defense is so jokingly weak Detect pots makes my "Cloak Shield" an easy kill with pots and a power that negates 56% of stealth damage and stops all stealth stuns it's hard perma counter to the two powers from Shadow that are worth a damn

lol i laughed, good one, weak.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you may be relying a bit too much on cloak for defense
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to pity the nb in this thread who aren't skilled enough players to realize they're playing the most op class in the game by far.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *grabspopcornandcontinuestolevelhismagicanbtofollowupthestamblade*

No - NB is completely underpowered. I agree with a nerf to detect potions. Patch them out of the game for a better pvp experience!
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

No - NB is completely underpowered. I agree with a nerf to detect potions. Patch them out of the game for a better pvp experience!

your NB lvled finaly? >:)

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

your NB lvled finaly? >:)

Stamblade is v14 since end of april - i´m getting a magica race now since i like that playstyle better. Can´t motivate myself to do the coldharbour quest atm though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burst damage from a stealthed nb is way too high if we talk about balance. Without decent counter measure we would see players getting insta killed and a red mist of a cloaked nb. Wait, that is already the reality of the current pvp. Detection pots make it somehow possible to catch some of these little murderous stealthers. If one item they should add detection pots in the crown store.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

So using a Defensive power for Defense = bad idea, so all Nightblade should just run the builds the kill in .8 seconds so ya hate Nightblade Burst but the counter to broken class defensive is don't use them just burst more okay seems logically

For the King of Argonia
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭

It will be fine, just spam any aoe in the location you saw the nb. There are plenty of counters to Dark Cloak without detection pots.
    Where is my potion of ignore projectile relection for the next 40 seconds?

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrkhan wrote: »

It will be fine, just spam any aoe in the location you saw the nb. There are plenty of counters to Dark Cloak without detection pots.

That really doesn't work all that well.

oh, and it's called a big sword, ignores reflect.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So using a Defensive power for Defense = bad idea, so all Nightblade should just run the builds the kill in .8 seconds so ya hate Nightblade Burst but the counter to broken class defensive is don't use them just burst more okay seems logically

Not what he meant. If you want a polyvalent build you need differents kinds of defenses so you can deal with one of your tool countered. Thats why I don't have only cloak but also shadow image, harness magicka, healing ward (you can even add double take if you want) as defensives skills in my bar. If I face a stmaina player I can deal without harness by using cloak. If I'm marked or someone popped a detect pot I can kite with shadow image+major expedition buff (crippl/double take) and with shields. Learn to rely less on cloak and use you others defensives tools.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrkhan wrote: »

Umm I use use AoEs to pop other Nightblades out when I run my AoE build it always works
    Erondil wrote: »

Not what he meant. If you want a polyvalent build you need differents kinds of defenses so you can deal with one of your tool countered. Thats why I don't have only cloak but also shadow image, harness magicka, healing ward (you can even add double take if you want) as defensives skills in my bar. If I face a stmaina player I can deal without harness by using cloak. If I'm marked or someone popped a detect pot I can kite with shadow image+major expedition buff (crippl/double take) and with shields. Learn to rely less on cloak and use you others defensives tools.

I know Cloak is not the only defense but it's my main defense as a Stamina build I could just stack regen and roll forever like a [snip] but as a Stamina Nightblade I have some damn good defenses like Double Take and Double Take. Two Handed Shield is a joke unless you're crazy out numbered and then you die anyway, Also keep in mind that Magic cost and regen stops stamina builds from using as it much without going in hybrid I have a 200 cost reduction piece and 15 points in Magician to manage magic cost better so when I use what little magic I have I want to see it work not hit a "this power will just burn your magic, as they can see you for 41.3 seconds" I loss DPS not going full stamina and I still can't use the power right cause unbalanced pots

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ThaliaH on June 3, 2015 9:06PM

For the King of Argonia
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭

You missed the point. There are multiple abilities and item sets that increase detection range. As well as any aoe (which works fine for me)

Either mage light, sentry, and way of air bonuses are underpowered, or the potion buff is too strong - since there is almost an order of magnitude difference between them. As the OP suggests, one way of handling this would be to decrease the duration. Another would be to reduce the distance to be more in line with other similar abilities.

An equivalent would be: I have multiple ways of dealing with a defensive mechanic.. let's say, block casting.
    Some are decent (fear) others... Don't work all that well (stamina drain them? With 2k+ regen? )

And then there's this potion... For the next 40 seconds ignore the damage reduction caused by block.

Sounds like an extremely useful potion.. But maybe a bit (read as "extremely" if your sarcasm detector malfunctions) overpowered relative to the other existing counters...
    And creates a huge gulf between users of said potion and your average/casual player.
    Edited by jrkhan on June 2, 2015 9:15PM