Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC recommendations???

bugmom
bugmom
✭✭✭✭
Currently running on a Mac and mostly use Low graphics settings in PvP. Looking to purchase a PC and want to run at least high graphics or even Ultra, mostly in PvP. However, I'm not technical and just don't have the wherewithal to research a bunch of components and build a system so am looking for recommendations on PC and large screen monitor (or maybe TV.) Frankly, if I were wealthy I'd just throw a bunch of money at the problem and get an Alienware but I can't afford it. What are you running that works? What should I stay away from?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair...an Alienware setup is not much more expensive then building your own or assembling your own.

If you need everything (case, monitor, keyboard, mice, windows, etc) new and you have to do it as cheap as possible, and make your own, I come up with this system: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XhN7FT

But honestly, the GPU is bad and I would highly recommend getting one atleast 100 bucks higher. the CPU could be 50-60 less if you go for an AMD (that changes all other parts too btw, so don't get this with only changing the cpu to an AMD). Personally I prefer intel though. AMD still has some issues with large single threat processes. Though it isn't a big issue with ESO, it is with some other games.

Prices for premade setups are often more or less the same. Assembly is cheap

The linked assembly will still cause trouble in Cyrodil. The issue there is that it is causing lag for everyone. So just for that I would never recommend getting a pc unless you are willing to pay 1000 bucks or more for a high end system (without peripherals like a monitor).
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bugmom wrote: »
    What are you running that works? What should I stay away from?

I am on a 4 year old motherboard/CPU. My video card was mid line two years ago. You don't need bleeding edge to make this game, or any game really, perform well.

You can build a gaming system for $800 to $1000.

However one question to ask is, do you have an Airbook or a Mac Desktop that can be upgraded? If the latter, you should be able to get a graphics card for gaming at around $200. Mac Laptops, like any Laptop, can't be upgraded with the video cards.

Shame you don't live in my state, I have a gaming system I am willing to sell for $400 complete.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"