The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If i do Cyrodiil , how do i get pvp gear

SIXR_sCaR
SIXR_sCaR
✭✭✭
i just hit level 10, im starting out cyrodiil how do i get gear here
  • Mos-De-Atmo
    Mos-De-Atmo
    ✭✭✭
    You can get random items from Rewards for the Worthy mails - you get these automatically when you get Alliance Points.

You can purchase PVP gear at merchants which are located at the starter gates of each Alliance. They are normally off to the side of one of the starting areas. These cost Alliance Points but you can't get every PVP set from these merchants, only a select few.

You can also buy the "mystery bags" from these merchants and these have a chance to give a set item (but not a great chance).

That is it as far as I know...
    ESO Academy - Up To Date Info, Guides and Tips For The Elder Scrolls Online
    - ESO Skills
    - ESO Item Sets
    - ESO Builds
  • SIXR_sCaR
    SIXR_sCaR
    ✭✭✭
    kk ty so much
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "PvP gear" do you mean:

1. Gear sets that can only be obtained through PvP?
    2. Gear that will allow you to be effective in PvP in your chosen role?

Because those are not the same thing.
    The Moot Councillor
  • SIXR_sCaR
    SIXR_sCaR
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

i was asking like
    does gear drop for me ,if i keep doing Cyrodiil ?
    do you get gear from doing Cyrodiil?
    can i buy gear if i do Cyrodiil ?
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SIXR_sCaR wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »

i was asking like

Then the only thing I would add to the post above is that gear also drops from NPC mobs in the world and in delves and dolmens in Cyrodiil like it does in PvE and you can also get gear as a reward at the end of the campaign depending on leaderboard status.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was asking like

If you are doing non-veteran Cyrodiil then gear is mostly irrelevant because of the Battle Leveling system.

Regardless of your level and worn gear, your stats will be boosted. So it doesn't much matter if you are wearing white, green, blue or purple armour, your stats will be essentially the same as everyone elses. Certain traits and item set bonuses do still apply, but for the most part gear quality is irrelevant.

You will get level appropriate drops from mobs in Cyrodiil and gear rewards for contribution to the campaign (if it's your Home campaign).
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignorance showing here: how is PVP gear different from PVE gear in ESO?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Some gear can only be obtained from PvP vendors. So difference wise just some different sets from PvE.

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭

There are different set bonuses that are available only from PVP venders or are found though PVP delves/dolmens (locked chests). Some of the gear can be found in end game content as well, but not the vender items. I wouldn't say that any of the vender items are specifically PVP build type stuff as I've seen a lot of the gear used for raid builds and normal questing builds. But I will say that some of the vender items are currently top-notch go to items for end game builds. This of course depends on your play style. You can PVP, complete raids and have a lot of fun without them. They aren't required unless you're a min/max savant.

If you have extra gold on hand, you can sometimes find PVP gear in the guild stores. It's generally pretty expensive because of how much PVPing someone needs to do in order to obtain the gear initially. Some of the better items take a couple of week's worth of PVPing to earn enough points for the trade.

Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some gear can only be obtained from PvP vendors. So difference wise just some different sets from PvE.

@Curragraigue Not true at all or at least the way you phrased it. All gear found in PvP can be found on guild stores or be traded which makes PvP progression beyond a certain alliance rank completely meaningless.

OP, there's no such thing as PvP gear as gear found in Cyrodiil is tradeable. There is also not a set stat for player vs player mitigation or damage. Beyond blanket battle leveling and Cyrodiil rules your pve gear will damage players just like it damages monsters. Ravager set is a fairly popular Cyrodiil vendor set for PvE and some of the pve players have never stepped foot into Cyrodiil as it can be bought outside on a guild store.

There's no resilience, toughness or expertise pvp statistics. PvP utilizes the same stats as PvE. 90k+ shields say that is stupid. Whether or not this is smart is not the topic of discussion though.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

@Curragraigue Not true at all or at least the way you phrased it. All gear found in PvP can be found on guild stores or be traded which makes PvP progression beyond a certain alliance rank completely meaningless.

OP, there's no such thing as PvP gear as gear found in Cyrodiil is tradeable. There is also not a set stat for player vs player mitigation or damage. Beyond blanket battle leveling and Cyrodiil rules your pve gear will damage players just like it damages monsters. Ravager set is a fairly popular Cyrodiil vendor set for PvE and some of the pve players have never stepped foot into Cyrodiil as it can be bought outside on a guild store.

There's no resilience, toughness or expertise pvp statistics. PvP utilizes the same stats as PvE. 90k+ shields say that is stupid. Whether or not this is smart is not the topic of discussion though.

@Lionxoft There is actually a PvP set that mitigates damage by players. There is a set of skills that can only be accessed by obtaining AP including a skill that provides the only stamina cost heal.

I can see why my post may have been misconstrued but the point was that the PvP sets only originate in PvP vendor stores.

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

@Lionxoft There is actually a PvP set that mitigates damage by players. There is a set of skills that can only be accessed by obtaining AP including a skill that provides the only stamina cost heal.

I can see why my post may have been misconstrued but the point was that the PvP sets only originate in PvP vendor stores.

You're talking about the heartland's bastion, swift and the medium set. Can't remember the name of the medium set but it's pretty useless as are most of those. Although if you buy those then you might need to see a dr. They drop from mail bags and are sold on auction houses for 300'ish gold per piece.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy it from vendors with AP, rewards for the worthy, campaign reward tier, buy it from players with gold.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is unfortunetly no "PvP gear" practically. Gear sold from the Cyrodiil vendor is used as much in PvP as in PvE. Gear crafted in PvE is used as much in PvP as in PvE. Gear looted in trials is used as much in PvP as in PvE. This is why ZOS should add a fundamental stat on gear sold in Cyrodiil to make it much better to fight against players than any trial loots. And we could also add pvp crafted gear with that specific stat that would be totally useless in PvE, but once again, a must have for PvP. I'm tired to have to run trials and pledges to be competitive in PvP. It makes no sense. I should only have to go PvE to level up my character and still...
    Edited by frozywozy on June 1, 2015 9:56PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

There is unfortunetly no "PvP gear" practically. Gear sold from the Cyrodiil vendor is used as much in PvP as in PvE. Gear crafted in PvE is used as much in PvP as in PvE. Gear looted in trials is used as much in PvP as in PvE. This is why ZOS should add a fundamental stat on gear sold in Cyrodiil to make it much better to fight against players than any trial loots. And we could also add pvp crafted gear with that specific stat that would be totally useless in PvE, but once again, a must have for PvP. I'm tired to have to run trials and pledges to be competitive in PvP. It makes no sense. I should only have to go PvE to level up my character and still...

I can't remember the name of it, but the PVP stat in TOR ruined that game for me...I agree though, having to do trials and dungeons for the PVP gear is *** stupid. They should just make all the sets craftable without a gating mechanism.
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    You do PVE you get gear for PVE, you do PVP you get gear for PVP, that's how it should work.
    How it actually works is that you need mixture of both, gear obtainable with AP and drop/crafted from PVE.
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer