The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dragonknights need an escape ability like NB and Sorc's

• Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭

Draxys wrote: »
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    And really if you want to talk about what is unbalanced, i think they should make flame lash dodge able. There are so many majicka dks that are not any good but all they have to do is invasion, talon, spam block and flame lash. Dks are hitting 5k ish flame lashes that are not dodgeable and are literally destroying a lot of stam builds because of it.

And you think stam should evade everything when they dodge roll? With the current state of the game you can dodge roll forever if you want to. Does that really sound balanced to you?

dodge rolling doesn't evade everything. Flame lash, concealed weapon, majicka detonation, curse, radiant destruction and you still can be hit in between rolls if the attacker times it right. I can understand some moves going through dodge rolls but flame lash and concealed weapon should not because they can be spammed and also both hit hard. Yes people can roll forever but having flame lash and concealed weapon destroy stam builds is dumb. I rather have someone roll dodge away then being hit with undodgeable lashes and concealed weapons.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
    Options
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »
    If DKs get an escape I want my NBs to have GDB and Flapflaps .

You're a DK, your class is designed to stand its ground; half your abilities are perfect for standing your ground. If you really want an escape that badly, pop an invisible pot and quiet down.

I spit my tea out when i read Flapflaps..I don't know why but i just suddenly imagined a train of DK's screaming Flapflaps as they all activate it in sync.

That out of the way, I agree with the comments about choosing class dictates style. I don't think DK needs a escape, nor do i think they need their survability pre-nerf. Maybe somewhere in between but not pre-nerf.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much terrible misinformation in this thread, for starters anyone who says mistform and retreating maneuvers is an escape option is a fool who should be disregarded. Those are not escape options, you aren't eacaping squat with either of those abilities.

Second, why the hell am I seeing sorcs for example telling dks they can have an escape if they lose their tanking capability, there is multiple videos on this forum showing sorcs tanking multiple people with ease. In fact the hardest class to kill right now in this game is a sorc simply because shield stacking. They don't lack a heal thanks to healing ward being amazing. So I don't get the whole giving up tanking thing you guys are going on about with dks.

Nightblades are another class that really shouldn't talk, I have one I know how they play and they have very tanky setups available to them, one thing they lacked really was heals, which have been taken care of with rally and vigor, vigor basically flat out replaced gdb on a dk because it's so much better if you are stamina based, magicka nightblades of course have access to things like funnel health and the restro heals if they want. Those work just fine as well. Tanking you have the option of going sap tank as a nightblade which is one of the hardest tanks in the game to kill, so again no clue why they are going on about tanking options of a dk.

1.5 you guys had a point that I would of agreed with, 1.6 you've not got squat and trying to argue that dks don't need an escape based on how they played in 1.5 in silly.
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    if you want an escape you´ll have to sacrifice your tankiness. so say goodby to scales, dragon blood, battle roar and mountain blessing.

Sorcs and Elf NB perma dodgers are the most survivable builds in PvP atm, so that logic doesn't fly.
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no one keeps dks from utilizing dodging aswell...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • baddabumb16_ESO
    baddabumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    if you want an escape you´ll have to sacrifice your tankiness. so say goodby to scales, dragon blood, battle roar and mountain blessing.

Sorcs and Elf NB perma dodgers are the most survivable builds in PvP atm, so that logic doesn't fly.

one jesus beam spamer or flamelash spamer and your dodge survival is complete broken, this skills ignore any dodge and hit you all the time... and templer and dks are overall.....
    Options
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭
    I have semi reasonable escape with my stam dk based on mist form, bat swarm, speed+unstoppable potions, roll dodging, bow speed bonus and orc sprint passive. It goes pretty fast and I can usually escape short distances to friendly npc / players, or even chase bolting sorcs if I really want.

That's a good thing since most people would simply beat me if I stay around :D. The sad thing about stam dk is the lack of useful class skills - only the igneous shield is marginally useful, the rest is just weapon/guild skills so not much dk left there.

I think the class does need some love - e.g. in my current pvp campaign there's 1 dk in top 20. (and yes, I know the scoring is mostly indication of the amount of time played, but then again, why so few choose to play dk nowadays?)
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every class has access to an escape plan. Retreating Maneuver. That's the whole point of the ability.

Not really viable for magicka DKs because it takes about 3/4 of their entire stamina pool to cast. Purge has a morph that reduces the cost which makes it somewhat viable for stamina builds. They could do the same to Retreating Maneuver, nobody is using the other morph so it would be smart to change it into somsthing useful.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • panemetcircenses
    Something I find interesting is that, having been out of the game for a little bit, I came back to see what interesting changes or fixes had been made...

...and see this thread sharing a page with a year old thread asking to Fix our Stealth! [Nightblade Shadow Cloak]. I just find it amusing that here is a player from one class asking for an ability from another class... that still doesn't even work properly. Seriously... this whole thing could have been avoided if they'd just made this a proper Elder Scrolls game and let us design our own class, or simply not had class restrictions on Skill Line access.

We do have class restrictions, though. That does create and enforce certain playstyles (something I learned rather painfully when they killed my old magicka Nightblade setup with some of the Skill Line changes awhile back; I had to re-skill and train up a whole different skillset to keep up with the shift in meta), but it does also give us some variety. Each class has nice things (though some of those don't actually work...), and each class has things it just can't do. The idea of a Dragon Knight going invisible or zooming away from combat does seem counterintuitive... if anything, a solid gap closer would be more useful from my perspective.
    Edited by panemetcircenses on May 31, 2015 10:40PM
    Options
  • kylerjalen
    kylerjalen
    ✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    DK's are the shock troops of Cyrodiil. We lead the way into the inferno and stand in the breach on defense. We do not retreat. Escape is for sissy nightblades and sorcs.

Hahaha! True!

Wait a minute...
    :p I have a NB I love :p
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? Dragon Knights already have an escape!
    kEYilBq.jpg
    Trust in the Heart of the Cards.
    Edited by Teargrants on June 1, 2015 12:42AM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to flap flapity flap my wings and fly away.
    b7b23f19b6fcbdecf80d032286bced3e.jpg
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just invasion talons flame lash to eacape. gdb and mist if you get in trouble.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno where you are playing,

DK's are still right up on top of the food chain,
    They are still pretty much indestructible if played correctly.

I have run into a few myself who you just cannot kill and have to make a run for it.

DK's are not these weak little individuals who get nuked easily at all...........
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, learn how to write in paragraphs! I'm not even going to read your wall of text post.

Secondly, from your title all I have to say is, NO THEY DON'T!

Basically you just want all 4 classes to be exactly the same by the sounds of it. Stop your whining and trying to make every class the same. DK's and Templars don't have this for a reason, while NB's and Sorcs do. DK and Templar should NOT have such an ability because they aren't meant to be played like that.

If you want to run away like a coward then play an NB or a Sorc, not a DK!
    Edited by BloodWolfe on June 1, 2015 1:48PM
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, just nerf whip.
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A DK should not play the same as a NB or Sorc. that just doesn't make sense. So no class based escapes for DK are a bad idea, same with class based shield for NB, just doesn't make sense for the class types, it's not what he class is for.
    Options
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    Every class has access to an escape plan. Retreating Maneuver. That's the whole point of the ability.

Not really viable for magicka DKs because it takes about 3/4 of their entire stamina pool to cast. Purge has a morph that reduces the cost which makes it somewhat viable for stamina builds. They could do the same to Retreating Maneuver, nobody is using the other morph so it would be smart to change it into somsthing useful.

It is viable, If you are trying to escape, then you aren't blocking, since as it slows your run speed. You might dodge but you know it has limited uses when you decided to go magicka. Also, you knew you was going to have low stam when you went magicka. You aren't attacking. You are running away to fight another day.

It might not be as good as Dark Cloak or Streak but it is still there. I can only cast Dark Cloak a couple times before I am out of magicka. And, it only last a couple seconds and only works about half the time. Retreating last about 20 seconds and makes you immune to root or snares. Within those 20 seconds you would have regened enough stamina to cast it again. Just because someone doesn't choose to use it doesn't mean it's not viable.

Are you looking for an escape utility or some more maneuverability? Those are 2 different things.
    Edited by AngersRevenge on June 1, 2015 3:28PM
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
    Options
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *A random Templar came in to see DKs asking for an escape tool*
    ~ @Niekas ~

Options