Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Dragonknights need an escape ability like NB and Sorc's

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    int
    Aquanova wrote: »
    eNumbra wrote: »
    I would be all for that if I didn't have to search for the flowers to make an invisible pot and when it's used, not having a cool down period ;) period. You quiet down please.

So equipping yourself properly for combat is too hard and Zenimax should change the game for you?

Good news: I'm having a sale on Invisi-pots just 9k a stack, a small price to pay for your lazy brand of DK cowardice.

@eNumbra I am equipped right and I have more mats for pots then you could dream of chump. It's about balance.....learn the difference :D

balance... lol
    you´re like the child demanding a milkeyway from its mom who denies it because you allready got the mars bar and have to choose for either or. resulting in you lying on the flor drumming your tiny clenched fists on it screaming:"but i want both!"
    Edited by Tankqull on May 28, 2015 3:34PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    int
    I would be all for that if I didn't have to search for the flowers to make an invisible pot and when it's used, not having a cool down period ;) period. You quiet down please.

So equipping yourself properly for combat is too hard and Zenimax should change the game for you?

Good news: I'm having a sale on Invisi-pots just 9k a stack, a small price to pay for your lazy brand of DK cowardice.

@eNumbra I am equipped right and I have more mats for pots then you could dream of chump. It's about balance.....learn the difference :D

balance... lol
    your like the child demanding a milkeyway from its mom who denies it because you allready got the mars bar and have to choose for either or. resulting in you lying on the flor drumming your tiny clenched fists on it screaming:"but i want both!"

@Tankqull WTF are you talking about?????are you ***?????
    Edited by Aquanova on May 28, 2015 3:35PM
    NA/PC
    Options
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is asking for a skill that would allow DKS the ability to disengage from combat like 2 other classes acting like a child? Sorc's asked for buffs....no problem there. NB'S asked for buffs.....again no problem. So why not DKS? Is it so threatening to give that ability to DK'S and temps? Or are all of you NB'S and Sorc's scared? Inquiring minds want to know!
    NA/PC
    Options
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are DK'S so out of the norm that it's sacrilege to think of?well I think of a Bolt Escaping Sorc and Stealth ingame NB as sacrilege. Let me ask all of you supposed experts. Did skyrim have bolt Escaping sorcs? Did Lord of the rings have them?what about a comparable character to NB'S. Did Legolas just vanish in front of orcs????? NO. So why is it so taboo for you to except an escape for DK'S? And above all, who made you the experts?
    NA/PC
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can have all the escape tools you want if you are trading your tankability for it.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are DK'S so out of the norm that it's sacrilege to think of?well I think of a Bolt Escaping Sorc and Stealth ingame NB as sacrilege. Let me ask all of you supposed experts. Did skyrim have bolt Escaping sorcs? Did Lord of the rings have them?what about a comparable character to NB'S. Did Legolas just vanish in front of orcs????? NO. So why is it so taboo for you to except an escape for DK'S? And above all, who made you the experts?

Why only dks, why not templars too? They could jump in, heal everyone and jump out at will. :)

Skyrim didn't have classes. I liked that tbh. You had spells and perks for various abilities and though it wasn't balanced at all, I would rather prefer such a system (as balanced as possible) than classes. But that's just me...
    Edited by LegendaryMage on May 28, 2015 4:26PM
    Options
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    Hereby I demand an instant selfheal for sorcerers as a dk gots it also!
    As a nightblade I also demand reflective scales!
    And as a Templar I demand chains!

I see this as great imbalance, it's not possible for me to play pvp otherwise! And I also refuse to accept any other viable options! This should be all included in the class tree!
    Options
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    If DKs get an escape I want my NBs to have GDB and Flapflaps .

You're a DK, your class is designed to stand its ground; half your abilities are perfect for standing your ground. If you really want an escape that badly, pop an invisible pot and quiet down.

If either of those skills worked correctly this guy wouldnt have to ask for a damn escape.

And for anybody above crying about DK's "Holding the breach and not fleeing" Yea thats true.... for tanks. I have stated it before and let me state it again.

"Lets break this down, from the beginning of the game although balance has always been a bit off between the classes.

Dragonknights- Tanks- self heals no escape abilites, you fight and win... or you die.
    Templars- Healing/Tanking- Extremely good self heals and stuns, lacked in dps until the jesus beam, their heals are as good as ever meanwhile dragonknight GDB has been nerfed with 1.6 and our execute has to be used as a heavy attack after activating an ability severely reducing utility in combat situations.
    Nightblades- DPS- High burst damage, stuns, poisons, invisibility. High ability to escape from combat in most situations. Although I think some of their skills are broken as hell I love my nightblade and their utility in any situation is undeniable.
    Sorcerers- DPS- High dps, Pets... for good or ill ( admittedly Im not an expert on this class ) they also have high burst damage and the ability to evade attackers and stun them into oblivion, although I believe they do need more survivability as far as combat situations go their shielding is so overpowered it is ridiculous.

Now in comparison to other classes, the DK has been given an execute that is not feasible in ANY situation. Our self heals have been nerfed (rally far overpowers GDB just and Fyi and GDB stamina regen doesnt stack with potions), our ranged mitigation with our wings has been SEVERELY reduced... barely even a utility skill anymore, and our ranged skills have always been non-existent. Oh, and our Standard of might was inadvertently nerfed with the increased cost and complete ability to avoid it altogether in combat... our main ultimate completely nullified."

From a post I made a little over a month ago.

We dont need an escape what we need are our CC skills to work correctly and our nerfed skills to be boosted back to what they were, giving us the ability to be on par with what the other classes are currently.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If DKs get an escape I want my NBs to have GDB and Flapflaps .

You're a DK, your class is designed to stand its ground; half your abilities are perfect for standing your ground. If you really want an escape that badly, pop an invisible pot and quiet down.

If either of those skills worked correctly this guy wouldnt have to ask for a damn escape.

And for anybody above crying about DK's "Holding the breach and not fleeing" Yea thats true.... for tanks. I have stated it before and let me state it again.

"Lets break this down, from the beginning of the game although balance has always been a bit off between the classes.

Dragonknights- Tanks- self heals no escape abilites, you fight and win... or you die.
    Templars- Healing/Tanking- Extremely good self heals and stuns, lacked in dps until the jesus beam, their heals are as good as ever meanwhile dragonknight GDB has been nerfed with 1.6 and our execute has to be used as a heavy attack after activating an ability severely reducing utility in combat situations.
    Nightblades- DPS- High burst damage, stuns, poisons, invisibility. High ability to escape from combat in most situations. Although I think some of their skills are broken as hell I love my nightblade and their utility in any situation is undeniable.
    Sorcerers- DPS- High dps, Pets... for good or ill ( admittedly Im not an expert on this class ) they also have high burst damage and the ability to evade attackers and stun them into oblivion, although I believe they do need more survivability as far as combat situations go their shielding is so overpowered it is ridiculous.

Now in comparison to other classes, the DK has been given an execute that is not feasible in ANY situation. Our self heals have been nerfed (rally far overpowers GDB just and Fyi and GDB stamina regen doesnt stack with potions), our ranged mitigation with our wings has been SEVERELY reduced... barely even a utility skill anymore, and our ranged skills have always been non-existent. Oh, and our Standard of might was inadvertently nerfed with the increased cost and complete ability to avoid it altogether in combat... our main ultimate completely nullified."

From a post I made a little over a month ago.

We dont need an escape what we need are our CC skills to work correctly and our nerfed skills to be boosted back to what they were, giving us the ability to be on par with what the other classes are currently.[/quote]

Which is bascally what Armitas said earlier. I'm not sure I want ZOS to do anything to DK's. I'm afraid they'll just screw us up more and we'll nothing more than paper tigers out there in the middle of a fight.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have:
    1. a class gap closer, one that actually works and doesn't grant immunity without stunning
    2. Stam morph for whip
    3. An execute that isn't tied to heavy attacks.
    4. Dynamic Ult back, even if it meant trading battle roar for some other resource management passive.
    Bjorn Uldnost
    Options
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Weberda Heh Although I agree I am hesitant to ask for changes because of Zeni's track record with "fixes", unfortunately, something needs to be done to the DK. As much as the haters in the forums want to crusade against us we are in rough shape after 1.6.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Weberda Heh Although I agree I am hesitant to ask for changes because of Zeni's track record with "fixes", unfortunately, something needs to be done to the DK. As much as the haters in the forums want to crusade against us we are in rough shape after 1.6.

Well what really concerns me about it Wishherr is their original gameplay team has apparently either bolted or been booted (see "Jobs" bottom of forum page). Replacements (if they get any) won't have the history or experience of the past to go on. I don't see how they could do a proper rebalance job under the circumstances until maybe next year. Heck, "never" is probably more likely. See you at BRK.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    vampire, mist form.
    you are welcome

@Lorkhan, CLASS ABILITY!!!!! And i dont want to be a vampire. Maybe they should make vamp part of NB and Sorc skill line to get those escapes.....permanently ?you're not welcome :#

i forgive u
    Edited by Lorkhan on May 28, 2015 5:14PM
    Options
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I didn't even bother to read the post, because the title said enough.

Choosing a class is choosing a playstyle. The playstyle for DKs is absolutely not hit-and-run, it's stand there and soak up whatever enemies throw at you.

DKs have a ton of mitigation tools, so your playstyle is based on mitigation. If you're gonna be a sneaky fighter, you're gonna be one that can take a hit. If you're gonna be a healer, you're gonna be one that can take a hit. If you're gonna be DPS, you're gonna be one that can stand in the middle of things and take a hit. What you should not ever expect to be is some ultra-mobile hit-and-run version of any of these roles.

If you do, however, wish to be mobile, you have to expect that the ability to do that will come from non-class skills. I specifically chose NB because I knew, regardless of role, that I wanted a mobile playstyle. You didn't, and instead of rerolling, or making the most of what your class is good at, you're trying to make mobile classes less special, and trying to make your class the end-all be-all.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, huh? Escape? This forum miss the LOL button now more than ever before.
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't read the wall, but I disagree that DK needs an escape. They actually just need to stop freaking nerfing our survivability, because that's what the class is built around. We don't need mobility, we need people to stop crying about things like scales and self heals because the class doesn't have the burst or sustained damage or mobility of others. This is with PvP in mind also, not sure what goes on in PvE land.

Variety is a good thing... I'm looking at you, all NBs who want a self heal and good defenses, even though you have way stronger damage than DKs. Stop whining and pay attention to overall balance, not just what you need to be god mode.

rip decibel
    Options
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variety is good no doubt but to have each class access to all types of self heals, escape, damage mitigation, etc... Then why the need for classes in the first place? Variety is needed but not without stark difference and identity of each class. That has to be preserved and not diffused in homogeneity.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different classes have different abilities. None has a great version of everything important.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather trade my chains for a gap closer (and yes, I want the templar one to be fixed). No need for an escape.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    Options
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    sorcs hate nirnhone

What's with people assuming sorcs only attack with spell damage? Also, most class-skill direct damage spells are affected by nirnhoned, so... help me out here.
    Options
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs and Nightblades cannot tank nearly as well as Dks can. So why should dks be the tankiest in the game and also be able to escape, that is just dumb. As for balance i think it is good the way it is, every class is different as it should be. Making every class similar by adding escapes for all of them is stupid. Yes, sorcs and night blades can run and hide but they should be able to since they cannot pop GDB and reflect projectiles and also use their ults and gain most of their resources back.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
    Options
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    And really if you want to talk about what is unbalanced, i think they should make flame lash dodge able. There are so many majicka dks that are not any good but all they have to do is invasion, talon, spam block and flame lash. Dks are hitting 5k ish flame lashes that are not dodgeable and are literally destroying a lot of stam builds because of it.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    Sorcs and Nightblades cannot tank nearly as well as Dks can. So why should dks be the tankiest in the game and also be able to escape, that is just dumb. As for balance i think it is good the way it is, every class is different as it should be. Making every class similar by adding escapes for all of them is stupid. Yes, sorcs and night blades can run and hide but they should be able to since they cannot pop GDB and reflect projectiles and also use their ults and gain most of their resources back.
    GDB is overrated and battle roar is negated by the high regens. It is not the case as before 1.6 when DK had more resources than their opponents. DKs were gods before 1.6 and it was expected that the nerf hammer hit hard.
    Edited by Bashev on May 29, 2015 8:46AM
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should a DK need to escape ? They don't die anyway.
    And by the way, there is an escape ability available for everyone. Become a vampire and enjoy using the most annoying escape ability of all: Mistform. Problem solved ;)
    Edited by Dracane on May 29, 2015 9:22AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBs want a damage shield or self-heal.
    Sorcs want a good CC or self-heal.
    Templars want a nuke or escape.

And DKs want an escape.

Everybody wants something for their class, if DKs would have a class escape like Sorcs and NBs, all the other classes should get a skill to reduce their weakness as well.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    DK that wants to ESCAPE shouldn't play in PvP at all.
    Your problems:
    1. Clearly not knowing own class
    2. Unable to see class ROLE
    3. Do you even READ skill tooltips? (with understanding)

So many people just complain about 'missing skills' or 'other classes so OP'
    and problem really is with your lack of skills or ability to TRY playing by the rules game is providing.

and for the end TOP TIP:
    Ultimate escape ability FOR ALL CLASSES = POTION (giving immunity for snares and stuns+vanish+hp regen)
    You're welcome
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    And really if you want to talk about what is unbalanced, i think they should make flame lash dodge able. There are so many majicka dks that are not any good but all they have to do is invasion, talon, spam block and flame lash. Dks are hitting 5k ish flame lashes that are not dodgeable and are literally destroying a lot of stam builds because of it.

And you think stam should evade everything when they dodge roll? With the current state of the game you can dodge roll forever if you want to. Does that really sound balanced to you?

rip decibel
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    vampire, mist form.
    you are welcome

This.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    Every class has access to an escape plan. Retreating Maneuver. That's the whole point of the ability.
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
    Options
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars need one as well also?
    Options