Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction Population?

Solid_Metal
Solid_Metal
✭✭✭✭
hi guys
so i'm new in this game, i already created my first character, i choose to be redguard on DC
the thing i want to ask is, how exactly the population on it?
i stumbled upon this website : http://esostats.com/
it seems DC struggling with player population, or is it just simply most DC player don't care about PVP?
so for anyone here who played on DC please give me some insight
i honestly don't want to play in a silence faction, crowd in an MMO always nice

thank you
"i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ebbs and flows. Also, there are multiple campaigns and if you hit L you can see them. Well, once you hit L10 you can do that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• plattypussb16_ESO
    You'll have to clarify what type of play is your preference - are you a PvE'r or a PvP'r?

With PvE - I find the DC town's quite full and if you pony up and join a guild you should be able to find plenty of the people you need to complete group content if that is your desire. I would dare to say the start-up areas in DC are fuller then elsewhere, at least compared to my recent foray into EP.

With PvP - DC does tend to be a but undermanned, but it depends on what campaign you join and most nights you can find a zerg in one campaign or the other. AD tends to bring a few more players to the PvP fight.

• Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to clarify what type of play is your preference - are you a PvE'r or a PvP'r?

With PvE - I find the DC town's quite full and if you pony up and join a guild you should be able to find plenty of the people you need to complete group content if that is your desire. I would dare to say the start-up areas in DC are fuller then elsewhere, at least compared to my recent foray into EP.

With PvP - DC does tend to be a but undermanned, but it depends on what campaign you join and most nights you can find a zerg in one campaign or the other. AD tends to bring a few more players to the PvP fight.

i'm actually PvE'r , i do care PvP but not much.
    i don't even know what you get if win a campaign/being an emperor.

and honestly i love DC, i love the storyline, in my opinion king Emeric is the best king/character in the game, really solid leader, with great ittention for DC and tamriel overall.

and looks at the DC's poor result on campaign in ESOSTATS just make me sad and heart-broken :disappointed:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your into PvE, which I take to mean the Leveling content and the other Alliance zones during Caldwell's Silver and Gold, then it really does not matter what you start with.

For the record, the beginning DC zones are just as populated as the beginning EP or AD zones. If your concerned about finding folks to help you out with more difficult things like World Bosses or Public Dungeons, then being in an active Guild is how you get that help more so than finding someone in a zone. Although you can find people in a zone usually.

• Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If your into PvE, which I take to mean the Leveling content and the other Alliance zones during Caldwell's Silver and Gold, then it really does not matter what you start with.

For the record, the beginning DC zones are just as populated as the beginning EP or AD zones. If your concerned about finding folks to help you out with more difficult things like World Bosses or Public Dungeons, then being in an active Guild is how you get that help more so than finding someone in a zone. Although you can find people in a zone usually.

thanks!

another question, what does you get for winning campaign?
    does it bring buff/particular advantages to entire race within the winning faction?
    i already google it but not found anything
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

another question, what does you get for winning campaign?
    does it bring buff/particular advantages to entire race within the winning faction?
    i already google it but not found anything

There are PvP Buffs that you can get depending on what your Alliance has achieved for the campaign you signed on to. There are also Skill Lines that are only unlocked once you enter the campaign and then skills are unlocked as you gain AP's (experience in the Alliance War)

The Buffs are things like increased Critical Strike and more Health and things like that. These go up and down like a yo-yo.

Here is a list from another thread, and not sure if you get all of this or some of this depending on how your Faction is doing in the war: Note, this list was made pre 1.6, so the buff amounts may be different now (health for sure), but the categories are still the same.

1. +20% spell and weapon crit. 20% crit directly increases your dps by 10%, and you get even more because the crit builds ultimate quicker. Needless to say, this is one massive buff (note: this was 8% prior to 1.3).

2. +5 HP per level. Fairly large buff (+250 HP), since it's equivalent to a more than 16 attribute points put into health.

3. +5% spell damage and weapon damage. This is approximately equal to a +2.5% gain in dps.

4. +5% armor and spell resistance. A modest buff compared to the first two, but still nice.

Also, your Attributes are buffed just by going into Cyrodiil, but those buffs are removed when you leave.

Then there is the Battle Leveling that you get if your not already a VR12 (or something, not sure what the cutt off is for that). The battle leveling is only applied in Cyrodiil.

Edited by Nestor on June 1, 2015 5:06PM

• Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    those effect only active in cyrodiil or even in normal area?
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    The buffs are active outside of Pvp.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and honestly i love DC, i love the storyline, in my opinion king Emeric is the best king/character in the game, really solid leader, with great ittention for DC and tamriel overall.

and looks at the DC's poor result on campaign in ESOSTATS just make me sad and heart-broken :disappointed:
    It sounds like you want to be DC, so why not? And as for PvP, last I heard the pop issues are for the North American servers while DC is doing great population wise on the European servers, so it depends which ones you use. In any case, all characters from all alliances have the chance to the the quests of the other alliances. \

If you think that Emeric is cool and want to support him when you PvP, go for it. New DC players are always welcome in PvP in North America because of their lower pops, and, in the BWB campaign for players level 10-49, DC isn't at a disadvantage at all and has been strong of late.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭

It sounds like you want to be DC, so why not? And as for PvP, last I heard the pop issues are for the North American servers while DC is doing great population wise on the European servers, so it depends which ones you use. In any case, all characters from all alliances have the chance to the the quests of the other alliances. \

If you think that Emeric is cool and want to support him when you PvP, go for it. New DC players are always welcome in PvP in North America because of their lower pops, and, in the BWB campaign for players level 10-49, DC isn't at a disadvantage at all and has been strong of late.

i do indeed, but most of my friends play on EP, so for a little while i probably play on EP, i wish theres item for change faction, i could change my EP into DC in the future