The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Siege damage

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting sooooo tired of having ballistas in every nook and cranny of Cyrodiil, esp in BWB.
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, seige damage in 1.5 was fine, not too high, not too low, but people wanted to see something more realistic and now we have it. At the start of 1.6 seige damage was terribly low, and now in my opinion its terribly high, I don't see how its so hard to simply scale the damage up the same way they scaled our health.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it being high... but the fact that it's literally EVERYWHERE kinda bugs me. People prefer to put up siege in the field than actually fighting people.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    I don't mind it being high... but the fact that it's literally EVERYWHERE kinda bugs me. People prefer to put up siege in the field than actually fighting people.

Do you realize that the reason siege is everywhere is because the damage is so high?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »

Do you realize that the reason siege is everywhere is because the damage is so high?

True.. and it's easy / safe to shoot people that are fighting other people.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damage is ridiculous atm. Unless you are that kind of guy who siege and who doesn't disengage and die from dots. Then it's a problem of skills and not of siege damage. I even came back to vamp weeks ago and I manage to keep myself up from a cold fire treb easily without using purge. Siege damage need a buff (by nerfing purge).
    Edited by frozywozy on May 29, 2015 5:34PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Damage is ridiculous atm. Unless you are that kind of guy who siege and who doesn't disengage and die from dots. Then it's a problem of skills and not of siege damage. I even came back to vamp weeks ago and I manage to keep myself up from a cold fire treb easily without using purge. Siege damage need a buff (by nerfing purge).

And they need to rebuff the oil cats and make it so the effect can't be purged. They used to be one of the most useful tools for inner keep defense. Now they're crap.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siege damage really isn't a big deal if you have purge on your bar, or roll out of it, or have healers nearby. I'm with Frozen in that I'd prefer it to be buffed even, or for some other anti-zerg tools to be buffed at least.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

i would like to point out that Purge is the entire reason a group of 10-24 can run around a keep with 10 seige on them without really dieing. 2 people on purge and siege does nothing.

put a cooldown on the effect of actually being purged, even a 2-5 second one and it would be fine. most would not suffer at all but those that stack and have constant purges to run right through 4 oils, 2 trebs, 7 ballistas and one very confused ram.

of course those groups have some of the biggest yelling presences on the forums and would GG/unsub/QQ out the ass if their precious ability to stack in seige fire was taken away from them even more than they did when Ground oils were taken away.

as a seperate note, some seige is still quite useless.. Scattershots still are a waste of AP and Ice Trebs are pretty much useless.

Scattershot needs either double thier current damage or a Knockdown or similar CC to be viable, and Ice Trebs need to have a DOT like lightning, or a Immobilize or Petrify or similar CC that completly prevents movement in addition to their snare.

also, fire seige, particurly the Fire trebs are hilariously overrated. Save the Cold stuff you are better off using a Lightning Ballista.
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on May 29, 2015 6:02PM
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.