Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Suggestion: Make all armor passives "per piece of armor type equipped"

ToRelax
ToRelax
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Light Armor - Concentration: Increases your Spell Penetration by 4736 when a light armor set of 5 or more pieces is equipped.
Light Armor - Prodigy: Grants 10% chance for Spells to cause Critical Damage while a light armor set of 5 or more pieces is equipped.
Medium Armor - Agility: Increases weapon power by 12% when a medium armor set of 5 or more pieces is equipped.
Heavy Armor - Bracing: Decreases Stamina cost of blocking by 20% when a heavy armor set of 5 or more pieces is equipped.

I honestly do not know what this system is there for. What I can understand is having diminishing returns on these passive's effectiveness to make a mix of armor sets more appealing (if it should be, and I see no reason for that, but the Undaunted Mettle passive suggests this seems desirable to the Devs). But a bonus for wearing a lot of a specific type of armor would be there either way.

The first reason I am making this post is because I do not like how abrupt you gain or loose the argubly largest bonus of an armor type with adding or removing only one piece of that type.
The second reason is, that there is less choice in armor types than before 1.6 if you want to be efficient. In pretty much all situations, the best set consists of 5 pieces of your main armor type to benefit from one of these passives and one piece of each of the other armor types to maximize the amount of additional stats you gain from the undaunted passive "Undaunted Mettle". The only situation were a more homogenized setup would be desirable would be in the case that you are lacking magicka or stamina regeneration. Thus, 7 medium armor pieces or 5 heavy and 2 light armor pieces are common setup as well. Note that people still use at least 5 pieces of one armor type, using exactly 3 or 4 of one type of armor is not an option for an optimized build.

If you wanted to make it so that you can not benefit from 2 or more of these powerful passives, 4 pieces instead of 5 would serve the purpose better, but would arguably not make much of a difference to my concern.

That is why I suggest to simply completely split up these passives again when balance gets adressed again. Make them per piece.
Concentration at least actually was per piece before 1.6 hit the live server.
It hurts build diversity quite a lot in my opinion, that you are not able to use certain not-craftable sets to their full extent, simply because that would mean giving up on your playstyle (with using 5 pieces of the drop set's armor type instead) or damage your build more than an armor set 5 piece bonus is able to provide, loosing all the possible passives you'd get for 5 parts of the same armor type.
People who would give up more survivability for more magic damage would be able to do so instead of getting both, using 7 light instead of 5 light, 1 heavy, one medium. People who would like to balance their block cost reduction and roll dodge costs better for their medium/heavy stamina tank would be able to do so, using 4 medium and 3 heavy pieces, for example. People who would like to play their setup just like it is now would still be able to do so - if this was the only change, nothing would change for their builds.
And with all these passives scaling per piece of armor type equipped, it shouldn't be any harder to balance than it is now either.

If there are other arguments I do not see so far, that justify this loss of choice and diversity, please enlighten me.
Otherwise I would be very happy if this would be getting adressed in a future update.

Thank you if actually read this.
DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i support this so hard i have to see a doctor
  • Some_Jerk
    Some_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very good idea
    +1
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Don't see any drawbacks at all. Anything that increases build diversity is a good thing. +1 from me!
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can enlighten you about the drawback. It would make quite good 7/0/0 armor-combo a really bad one.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    I can enlighten you about the drawback. It would make quite good 7/0/0 armor-combo a really bad one.

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to say.
    If anything would change for a 7/0/0 setup, it would become stronger...

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, Make It So!
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToRelax: Not really.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    ToRelax: Not really.

@F7sus4

Well, you can not enlighten me if you don't talk openly.

Or are you just trolling around :) ?

• PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering the undaunted passive exist............
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vote-change.jpg
    Edited by Cinbri on May 31, 2015 9:45PM
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    diversity is more limited by competitiveness than anything else. if we changed that and people found insane other combos then there would just be a new meta where most people start doing that. It would bring change but in the end would it really be more viable competitive builds... not convinced
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    diversity is more limited by competitiveness than anything else. if we changed that and people found insane other combos then there would just be a new meta where most people start doing that. It would bring change but in the end would it really be more viable competitive builds... not convinced

It would make combos that were viable before 1.6 competitive again, and probably make some sets more viable that not many thought about at all so far, too. I highly doubt our current setups wouldn't be competitive because of already existing sets working better in certain builds. And should it actually come to that, than I would rather assume something is severly wrong with those sets, instead of supporting a system that cuts into build diversity for no appearant reason.

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ehem... since some more people are looking into this forum now, I'll shamelessly bump my thread.
    Don't expect them to change anything for the update at this point, but some more feedback on the topic might help later. Maybe. If we're lucky.