Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Repurpose Craglorn and Increase the Experience from Quests...

tordr86b16_ESO
tordr86b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Long story short... did a long chain quest and got rewarded *** experience. This is my main reason for never doing another quest here. Time+effort=not equal to gains. This is why people are forced to GRIND to get to VR14, it's not acceptable.

ZOS... I urge you to make grindlorn less grindy for people that are still leveling. Refurbish the quests to SOLO play and then ramp up the experience from quests. Id also like to see more repeatable ones or add more so that we can go from VR10 to 14 once we've completed them all...

I know you have plans to remove veteran ranks (unless you are planning on breaking that promise), in the meantime, the least thing you can do is increase the experience.
Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on May 27, 2015 11:03PM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second what the mer/mer/Khajiit/argonian said.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    I was playing in Craglorn today and it occurred to me they've created a population problem by making the only place you can farm nirncrux the only zone where you need to group up to quest.

The instancing requirements of those two activities conflict, and the zone is always crowded but never has enough people wanting to group.

I actually really like craglorn as a zone, it's tuned about right for solo, but it needs some work if it's going to play as intended as a group zone. I'd prefer they'd tune the difficulty up, increase rewards, and address the farming issues as a solution, but at the very least they should remove the forced group barriers from the quest chains if they don't have the resources to accomplish all that quickly.

Really, it would be better if craglorn got some attention before the console launch wave gets there.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to get a nirncrux nugget from the mats. I get them from writs. I have killed like 500 welwas though. Planted many flowers and chopped a whole passel of wood, and mined so many nodes that I hear the clink clink of the pickaxe in my sleep.

178 xp from a welwa lol
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Never understood who there is such a small incentive to do quests.

Finish the storyline = horrible item to sell to vendor
    Finish Caldwell's silver / gold = more useless items to sell to vendors.
    Finish quests is vr zone = horrible xp, useless gear, low gold. Basically a small % of the exp/items/gold you could get by grinding during that time.
    Complete craglorn quests = wow surprise, horrible exp/gear/gold.

Its like the game is pishing people to grind.

IMO there should be random quest rewards in all VR+ zones that have a small chance to reward the player with actual end game gear. Plus, you know, real exp. Might Mame it worth it.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repurposing Craglorn has no value to ZOS, so they probably won't be putting a lot of resources into it. I'd be satisfied if they just learn from their mistakes with Craglorn and release better zones in the future once DLC starts arriving.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please do not repurpose Craglorn for solo play. It's the only place in the game where grouping with friends doesn't make everything super easy.

The questline is really fun and I like helping friends and guildies through it.

Aren't there enough quests to do solo in this game already?

I agree that we could get better XP, both for the main quest line and for the dailies, and the rewards are, unfortunately, consistent with the rest of the quest rewards in the game: vendor trash.

The Moot Councillor
  • Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Grinding is a great way to level up in many MMOs. Some MMOs it is the only way to level.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still surprised at Zen's short sightedness, they nerfed the pants out of Craglorn xp to the extent that where ever you go in Vet levels 1 to 10 you'll find folk grinding like there's no tomorrow.

At least when Crag gave decent xp all the people who have done the games quest quest questing multiple times till they're blue in the face with quest quest questing could go to Crag and the grinding was pretty much contained in one zone instead of being spread out all over the game as it is now.

It's a shame as Crags a good looking zone but there ain't much point in going there as it stands at the moment.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised the mobs in Crag don't run away from you.

Or ZeniMax could make it a sacred wildlife preserve and give you a 1 million gold bounty if you harm any of the indigenous life.

Or if you go to strike something, Hermaeus Mora shows up in front of you and just says, "No."

It's already a bit ridiculous. Why not have fun with it?
    signing off
  • Bhozz52
    Bhozz52
    ✭✭✭
    Long story short... did a long chain quest and got rewarded *** experience. This is my main reason for never doing another quest here. Time+effort=not equal to gains. This is why people are forced to GRIND to get to VR14, it's not acceptable.

ZOS... I urge you to make grindlorn less grindy for people that are still leveling. Refurbish the quests to SOLO play and then ramp up the experience from quests. Id also like to see more repeatable ones or add more so that we can go from VR10 to 14 once we've completed them all...

I know you have plans to remove veteran ranks (unless you are planning on breaking that promise), in the meantime, the least thing you can do is increase the experience.

Totally agree, get to it ZOS.
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently hit VR12 and went running out to Craglorn for some fun. Went out, got slaughtered in the delves and couldn't find anyone who wanted to group. So I decided to grind delves in PVP land for VR14. There seems to be some interesting quests and delves in Craglorn, just no reason to do them.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • badbeansnub18_ESO
    Agreed. Craglorn is a waste of a zone at the moment.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    drschplatt wrote: »
    I recently hit VR12 and went running out to Craglorn for some fun. Went out, got slaughtered in the delves and couldn't find anyone who wanted to group. So I decided to grind delves in PVP land for VR14. There seems to be some interesting quests and delves in Craglorn, just no reason to do them.

If you are really interested in doing the Craglorn quests, check out the Lone Wolf Help guild. We have regular events there doing the quests, I think for all factions, but AD and DC for sure. Went through all Lower Crag quests there last night in about 5 hours with a couple new guildies.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly with the OP here. As a retired oldie, I am often playing during the times when husband/friends/guildies are at work or schooling, and thus do much of my play alone. Although I'm not at the level for actually questing or taking on mobs there, I did spend an enjoyable afternoon the other day just exploring. Craglorn is a pretty place, especially when the sun's shining down, but it's so underused due to the forced grouping.

However, it occurs to me that my chances of finding these nirncrux things are slight on my own. The best solution is to make it scale from solo to group difficulties, so EVERYONE can enjoy it at any time of day or night, whether there are people about or not.

I just hope that future new zones will be better considered like that, rather than just excluding a large portion of the playerbase.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • JimEra
    JimEra
    Wat is craglorn? Is it fun? Do you guys shorten the name to stuff like "crag" or like "hey man, goin out to the 'lorn"?
    That would be fun
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn actually IS a fun place to solo. Ignore the main quest and go to delves alone. Solo the seven bosses. You need top gear, good build and some CP to do it. The XP is crap, so this is just for fun.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the mob XP that needs to be addressed in Craglorn. There's not much they can do about the quest XP considering there are only 5 possible quest XP rewards once you hit 50:
    499, 3742, 4990, 7485, 11227.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is EXACTLY what needs to happen. The reality is, we will get another 4 MAN "ADVENTURE FAILZONE".
    Edited by c0rp on May 28, 2015 1:20PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »

That is EXACTLY what needs to happen. The reality is, we will get another 4 MAN "ADVENTURE FAILZONE".

They've already said the next two zones will be solo. What makes you think they changed their minds?

Leave Craglorn as a group zone, but remove the 4-person requirement from quests (though I'm not sure how that would work for Spellscar).
    The Moot Councillor
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Craglorn actually IS a fun place to solo. Ignore the main quest and go to delves alone. Solo the seven bosses. You need top gear, good build and some CP to do it. The XP is crap, so this is just for fun.

Fun? fun is getting good loot you actually want to use. You wanna find people for the 4man delves that do drop some decent item sets? Good luck with that, I haven't seen a soul in a while looking to do these.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?
    I see LFG delves pretty much every day in Craglorn
    Unfortunately it's usually in the morning when I am doing my writs before work.
    The Moot Councillor
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

Fun? fun is getting good loot you actually want to use. You wanna find people for the 4man delves that do drop some decent item sets? Good luck with that, I haven't seen a soul in a while looking to do these.

Uh, i meant completely different thing. I know the XP is crap and loot is useless. I mean that Craglorn is becoming soloable area for VR14 players when regarding the difficulty. It is fun as a personal challenge to go as solo into 4man delves for those who otherwise faceroll the content. I suggest VR14s to try Craglorn as solo or duo. Most of the bosses and delves do not have any artificial group gates.

All ZOS needs to do now is to remove the artificial group gates like in Shada's Tears, Kardala, Spellscar and Missing Guardian quests and restore XP. Both are very simple changes - a one day effort. E.g. in Kardala unlock the boss door when all plates are triggered. Make them to "light up" when stepped on and stay on when moving to next plate. For Spellscar let one player to fetch each element and light up each switch one by one. The XP just needs undoing the hotnerfs. They anyway failed their target and people take more XP elsewhere than Craglorn offered before.

Keep the difficulty.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that delves are very fun to solo. But then I look at my XP bar and cry. :( Off to Cyrodiil it is for the last 200k I need to v14.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    No, please do not repurpose Craglorn for solo play. It's the only place in the game where grouping with friends doesn't make everything super easy.

The questline is really fun and I like helping friends and guildies through it.

Aren't there enough quests to do solo in this game already?

I agree that we could get better XP, both for the main quest line and for the dailies, and the rewards are, unfortunately, consistent with the rest of the quest rewards in the game: vendor trash.

agree,dont make it solo,just increase the rewrds