The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Research Items and Console Transfer

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    The problem I have is with the term 'Reset'

To me that means the research timer is reset to zero.

If it is the way you state then a less ambiguous term should have been used. Like Trait Research in progress will be lost. Then there would not be a debate .

Hey...No one can address your interpretations but I think the thread and staff have addressed all your concerns. This was public prior to the console BETA dating back to April 10, 2015

Smurf - Look who is addressing the issue.... ZOS is the only one who can answer this, it was never an opinion poll.

ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

We understand that the current question whether is your research will be completely cancelled or timer set back to 0. We'll have more information sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Thank You Gary for addressing our concerns and we anticipate closure on this issue later today.

Edit: removed my comments as you're just seeking a ZOS reply...rather than reading what they already posted

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 22, 2015 6:59PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭

If it is the way you state then a less ambiguous term should have been used. Like Trait Research in progress will be lost. Then there would not be a debate .

Hey...No one can address your interpretations but I think the thread and staff have addressed all your concerns. This was public prior to the console BETA dating back to April 10, 2015

Smurf - Look who is addressing the issue.... ZOS is the only one who can answer this, it was never an opinion poll.

Hey there everyone,

We understand that the current question whether is your research will be completely cancelled or timer set back to 0. We'll have more information sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Thank You Gary for addressing our concerns and we anticipate closure on this issue later today.

Edit: removed my comments as you're just seeking a ZOS reply...rather than reading what they already posted

I have read what they posted. Yet this question was not answered in what you referenced. It was never an attack against you just clerification of this one question is all.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there everyone,

I have read what they posted. Yet this question was not answered in what you referenced. It was never an attack against you just clerification of this one question is all.

But it is answered

-If there is any pending research, the research will reset
    *This means you will have to start it again on console

-When you start research the system prompts on the screen "Researching an item will destroy it"
    *deleted/destroyed items are not included in the transfer per the knowledge base articles

-Will it be restored if lost?
    *Staff has even specifically clarified that the deleted items database is not being moved to consoles therefore it can only be restored on PC

I'm not taking it as a personal attack but rather concerned about your interpretation based on the information provided.
  • SCarverOrne
    SCarverOrne
    ✭✭✭
    We'll have more information sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Was this responded to in another thread? I have not seen more information yet, apologies if it has. Still patiently waiting anyway. For a ZOS elaboration, not forum users pointing at old or vague info. (Pet peeve, whether it turns out to be accurate or not is irrelevant. If someone is asking for elaboration on something, users regurgitating the provided info that an OP asked for elaboration on doesn't make you look smart or helpful it just makes you look like an [redacted]. Especially when ZOS responds with a promise of further information forthcoming.)
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    So ZOS_GaryA,

Can we get an update on this please?

The fact was updated on 5/22 and there is no mention of research in progress but it does state...

Players who took advantage of the PC/Mac-to-console transfer offer will have the following included in the transfer:

Characters (in the same state) copied over to the equivalent console server (North American or European)
    Items (equipped to characters, in the inventory, in collections, and in the bank)
    The following will not carry over from PC/Mac accounts to console accounts as part of the transfer:

Crowns
    Mail
    Guilds
    Friends
    Ignore list
    Trading house
    Raid leaderboards status
    AvA leaderboard status
    Deleted Items
    Deleted Characters
    Players should therefore make sure to retrieve all items from their in-game mail shortly before the transfer takes place, as items not yet retrieved will not be transferred.

Edited by Tallowby on May 26, 2015 11:59AM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles

Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    If ZOS allows 'old' research to carry over to consoles, that would be a big WTF.

Being able to craft 7 piece gear sets while new console players haven't even begun to research would be a too big an advantage. That would make zero sense.

That is already confirmed to exist. The items in question are pending research that may not have completed. All completed research will copy over

I didn't know that. It that's so, it will be as if new console players will be starting 500 meters behind the starting line for a 1,000 meter race.

Everyone hAd a chance to play on PC and then move over. No one is at any disadvantage

It's a choice

New console crafters are going to be a year behind transfers ( like me)with Full 9 trait across the board and a stacks of mats. So yes, new console players are hopelessly disadvantaged. Too bad for them lul.
    We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lykurgis wrote: »
    If ZOS allows 'old' research to carry over to consoles, that would be a big WTF.

Being able to craft 7 piece gear sets while new console players haven't even begun to research would be a too big an advantage. That would make zero sense.

That is already confirmed to exist. The items in question are pending research that may not have completed. All completed research will copy over

I didn't know that. It that's so, it will be as if new console players will be starting 500 meters behind the starting line for a 1,000 meter race.

Everyone hAd a chance to play on PC and then move over. No one is at any disadvantage

It's a choice

New console crafters are going to be a year behind transfers ( like me)with Full 9 trait across the board and a stacks of mats. So yes, new console players are hopelessly disadvantaged. Too bad for them lul.
    Good for you...maybe you will craft and sell to the community or a guild which is great for everyone. This is a win-win

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

As an update, we're currently performing additional testing on transfers to see what happens with this. We believed this testing would be completed by end-of-day Friday, but it took a bit longer than anticipated. The moment we have more information we'll update this topic, we're just waiting for confirmation so we can answer the question with 100% accuracy.

To clarify, it is not yet confirmed whether research will have the timer reset to 0 or if it will disappear completely. We'll have more information when these newer tests are completed.

Thanks for your patience everyone.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA

Thank you!

Just in case the item disappears completely, I secured a backup piece to continue my research after the copy/transfer.

On a positive note, I have only one item being currently researched with the Nirn trait.

• Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA

Thank you!

Just in case the item disappears completely, I secured a backup piece to continue my research after the copy/transfer.

On a positive note, I have only one item being currently researched with the Nirn trait.

Thanks @ZOS_GaryA

My note is not that good... 5 pieces in research with Nirn

• AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    Any update ZOS? Getting close to the deadline.
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update ZOS? Getting close to the deadline.

based on the last ZOS comment....no news isn't good news right

kinda odd that this close, they don't have an answer as of yet.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 27, 2015 5:06PM
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    Better to know and loose the research (if that's the case), than not know.

Sorry, for you nirn guys. but lucky me I wasn't researching nirn.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to know and loose the research (if that's the case), than not know.

Sorry, for you nirn guys. but lucky me I wasn't researching nirn.

I put any and all research on hold as of April 9th.
    Just in case....but from what's listed...I'm expecting a "sorry, all items and research progress will be lost"

OR

We will need to delay the transfer to work out more bugs closer to June 8th
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to admit it is awesome ZoS is doing a test run to see what happens to crafting research in progress. We all have to give them credit when they do something like this.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    You have to admit it is awesome ZoS is doing a test run to see what happens to crafting research in progress. We all have to give them credit when they do something like this.

I guess but don't you think it should've been tested around July 2014?
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    I am not downing ZOS. They made a great game (COUGH.. even though it's not the TES game they said it would be... COUGH). And, I compliment them for testing it out before replying with a decisive response. But as NewBlacksmurf said, console release was supposed to be last year. Don't you think they would have had the data by now?
    Edited by AngersRevenge on May 27, 2015 6:02PM
  • retyler3_ESO
    retyler3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »

I guess but don't you think it should've been tested around July 2014?

Yes, it would have been nice if they had tested all this a lot sooner, but we don't know what they are having to work with. Microsoft's network is closed tightly, and while Sony seems to have a bit more open network I am sure they still have some very strict guidelines that are to be followed; and I bet both have Non-Disclosure Agreements that Zenimax had to sign off on. With that in mind ZOS probably does not have a lot of control over when and how they are able to test, and then they might.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not downing ZOS. They made a great game (COUGH.. even though it's not the TES game they said it would be... COUGH). And, I compliment them for testing it out before replying with a decisive response. But as NewBlacksmurf said, console release was supposed to be last year. Don't you think they would have had the data by now?

yeah....I got the sarcasm but i do also VERY often defend ZOS too.
    The things that concern me at this late of a date are:
    - the research (even tho I have my understanding, it seems like there is more that needed to be clarified)
    - the late listing on xbox one of the digital game
    - still no info on once we get the game codes, how the copy will actually work, which means they haven't finalized it
    - no showing of ESP plus or Crown purchases on XBox One
    - no info on if the 15 gig update will pre-install or if its only available day one
    - chat text wheel
    - confirmation on resolutions and FPS
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience with this. After testing the character copy for console, we found that in-progress crafting research will indeed copy over to the console version of ESOTU for those taking part in the character copy. Since ESO Plus does not transfer during this process, you may notice a difference in the time remaining, as the 10% reduction in time will not transfer. That said, if you choose to become an ESO Plus member on the console, the 10% reduction will apply to your research again.

We hope this helps clear up what you can expect to see upon logging in with your character at launch!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    AWESOME!!!!!!

TYVM for following up.

:p
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet, Thanks for the response. See you in Tamriel.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience with this. After testing the character copy for console, we found that in-progress crafting research will indeed copy over to the console version of ESOTU for those taking part in the character copy. Since ESO Plus does not transfer during this process, you may notice a difference in the time remaining, as the 10% reduction in time will not transfer. That said, if you choose to become an ESO Plus member on the console, the 10% reduction will apply to your research again.

We hope this helps clear up what you can expect to see upon logging in with your character at launch!

So not even a reset! Was not expecting this response and many thanks to the team.

Guess I will need to sell the extra Nirn Pieces I assumed lost ;-)

ps. But I will wait til I see it for real on the console....
    Edited by Tallowby on May 27, 2015 6:34PM

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Hey there everyone,

So not even a reset! Was not expecting this response and many thanks to the team.

THIS!!! I'm with you.....not doing anything until June 2nd
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there everyone,

Hey there everyone,

THIS!!! I'm with you.....not doing anything until June 2nd

This one had already started research on some Nirnhoned Pieces with his main crafter... so hopefully they will just roll over to the PS4 console copy..

worse thing that happens.. this one is out like $50k in gold for the pieces..

This one steals alot :smiley: so this one can make that amount of gold back in a day or two..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.