Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weekly leaderboard fair/unfairness

Artemiisia
Artemiisia
✭✭✭✭✭
I have always been on the weekly board when I want and aim for it, so never noticed it, before someone actually comment on how it really works.

If this is true, I really really feel sorry for lots of players in this game, and for me its just not fair to them.

So heres is what I heard. Some of the top players are using like 4-5 chairs to get in the leader board, with playing with each other, that actually means if just one group of four people that has 4 vr14s, actually can have 16 places in the top 100, if more do this and if this is how it works, I really feel sorry for lots of people that will never have a single chance getting in the top 100 weekly, especially when its vDSA where I know lots really want the master weapons.

again, I never saw it before someone comment on this is how it works, if it do I really really hope that it will be one place on your account name and not char in the future, just so everyone has one chance to get in the top 100, and not just like 20 people getting all 100 prices.
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure its true. Heck, given the limited number who actually complete vDSA if it were not he case you would likely see scores all the way down at 4k. Come the weekly, those with multiple vr14s will farm to get heir chars in top 100 for multiple goodies.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather see it changed to how many times you complete it in a week then, then everyone has a chance, and that means you actually have to work for it, in order to get into top 100.

Being an expert player with 4-8 vr14s and 3 friends, that do a rotation to get all chars into top 100 with 1-2 hours of game time, is not cool, actually for me its sounds kinda selfish.
    Edited by Artemiisia on May 27, 2015 1:41PM
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just bound the leaderboard to your acc and the highest achived score.
    Just one reward will be send to you.
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the current system. It is alt friendly.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol if i can get all 7 of my toons on the leaderboards each a different class and role then it sounds like a you problem.
    not my fault i can get better scores
    #MOREORBS
  • Naslu
    Naslu
    ✭✭✭
    last week approx. 74 real persons took all 100 places at weekly
    (remember: if someone get listed at weekly board with only one alt for example place 50 and his comrads are already listed then he takes one complete place ; means if a group of 4 with same points had been listed at place 100 they are out)

in theory 400 people are able to get reward but like system is now this number is reduced to minimum due to twink listing.

As long system is like it is, its the way of endcontent for a few people. Thats the reason why the Arena Weekly is visited by few a lot of times on various chars.
    Guild Hodor
    • Marbella Ori / Temp Healer
    • Naslu / Stam Templer
    • Ordaril / Magicka Sorc
    • Allaine De Ladonia / Magicka DK
    • Gretel Witchhunter / Magicka NB
    • Lili Catani / Magicka Tank NB
    • Prince Adam of Eternia / Stam DK

[/center]
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is true but from a material standpoint it doesn't matter much. You can get the same vr14 master weapons from the chests at the end and just use upgrade matts on them to take them up to legendary. Though you might miss out on the free weapon that comes from the weekly leader-board, you can still get several just from doing a few vet dsa runs a week. If PVE is hard for you; an easy but time consuming solution is to just get in the top 60 or so of any campaign in cyrodiil and get the same weapons in gold.

None of the gear in the other 3 trials is best in slot for anything, so if you do trials at all, you are just doing them for bragging rights in the end and the fun of doing some content together with a group of friends. The eternal yokuda set is good for tanking, but you can earn it without weekly achievements, and other sets exist that are just as good if not better. The vicious ophidian is a decent stamina set, but stamina dps is an albatross to trials groups where time is everything. The best way to get on those boards is 1.5 healers, 1 tank and 10.5 DPS 9 of which are DK magicka builds. That's just the way the game is currently.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not having people with multiple alts on the leaderboards there aren't so many people who are able to place multiple chars in the weekly. The biggest problem specially in the DSA weekly is that you can have single persons blocking a spot for 4 people. When I have my main in the weekly and we decide to help a guild mate and end up with a lower score the guild mate will be alone on his leaderboard position and 3 rewards are lost. Like this many of the possible 400 rewards are lost. Compared to the 1200 rewards from 12 man trial weeklys where it's unlikely that single persons block a 12 man leaderboard position you already have only 1/3 of the total rewards. If they would fix this problem, either by increasing the leaderboard for DSA to 300 or so that the fastest 400 players instead of the fastest 100 groups get a reward then there would be enough rewards for good people and their alts.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is true but from a material standpoint it doesn't matter much. You can get the same vr14 master weapons from the chests at the end and just use upgrade matts on them to take them up to legendary. Though you might miss out on the free weapon that comes from the weekly leader-board, you can still get several just from doing a few vet dsa runs a week. If PVE is hard for you; an easy but time consuming solution is to just get in the top 60 or so of any campaign in cyrodiil and get the same weapons in gold.

None of the gear in the other 3 trials is best in slot for anything, so if you do trials at all, you are just doing them for bragging rights in the end and the fun of doing some content together with a group of friends. The eternal yokuda set is good for tanking, but you can earn it without weekly achievements, and other sets exist that are just as good if not better. The vicious ophidian is a decent stamina set, but stamina dps is an albatross to trials groups where time is everything. The best way to get on those boards is 1.5 healers, 1 tank and 10.5 DPS 9 of which are DK magicka builds. That's just the way the game is currently.

legendary Accessoires can just get throught the reward from trails and pvp. and they are worth up to 800k....
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well im not thinking of me, like two of you already tries to make it about me, I can get on the leading board no problem there, but I know of atleast 4-5 people that do this rotation, and its only vDSA im thinking of since its 4 man group trial and its easier for expert players to fill the spot.

some of these people were also lucky to be able to grind to vr14 when the system were super easy to grind

but again, I rather just see some changes to it, for people less fortune to have a chance.

@Nifty2g that statement, shows more about your personality then anything else, good luck with that.

you probably between the once that would get mad if the system changed to how many times you do it in a week rather than just doing 5 runs with 5 different chars once
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

legendary Accessoires can just get throught the reward from trails and pvp. and they are worth up to 800k....

Ya I guess the healer rings still sell for bank to the PVP crowd, but who needs the gold? Just from selling SO v14s I'm over 2 million and I don't need it for anything. Our trials leader has like 20 million gold. It's not game breaking that some people have to compete with competent players that have several alts that replay the content for weekly rewards. I have done it a few times myself but am so bored with the content I can't be bothered to even do the stuff on my main often.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    well im not thinking of me, like two of you already tries to make it about me, I can get on the leading board no problem there, but I know of atleast 4-5 people that do this rotation, and its only vDSA im thinking of since its 4 man group trial and its easier for expert players to fill the spot.

some of these people were also lucky to be able to grind to vr14 when the system were super easy to grind

but again, I rather just see some changes to it, for people less fortune to have a chance.

@Nifty2g that statement, shows more about your personality then anything else, good luck with that.

you probably between the once that would get mad if the system changed to how many times you do it in a week rather than just doing 5 runs with 5 different chars once
    I grinded from vr1 to 14 in 3 days, the system is easy to grind still.
    No stop saying things like this, forcing zos to cater to people who aren't skilled enough to even get on the leaderboards, it's so annyoing how much they have dumbed this game down in pve making literally everything easy.

32 lives not enough for new players to get good and actually learn, lets make it 72, deaths keep adding to my score i cant keep up with the top guilds, may as well dumb that down and get rid of time death penalties.

It's irritating to see this, it's competitive, it's weekly rewards, they shouldn't just be handed to you because you're upset a player can get multiple toons on the weekly.

Leave it how it is.
    #MOREORBS
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BuggeX I agree, I got vr 14 gold necklace of the healer, and someone wanted to buy it for 300k

its fast money for those that can do this, if they also are lucky.

Didnt sell it though :D
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g
    first you cant grind that in 3 days anymore, they killed the xp in the game, so yeah you just proved my point, you are amount the lucky onces that had the easy grind.

the system cater to the select few being vDSA.

Some things need to be changed:

either:
    Like weekly in hel ra and aa, the gold mail prices are bop, so should the weekly at vDSA be then.
    or:
    Make it how many times you can do it an week, that means you have to work for it and its still time based, since the faster you can do it, the more you can get to do it.

Dont care which.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Artemiisia on May 27, 2015 2:36PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g
    first you cant grind that in 3 days anymore, they killed the xp in the game, so yeah you just proved my point, you are amount the lucky onces that had the easy grind.

the system cater to the select few being vDSA.

Some things need to be changed:

either:
    Like weekly in hel ra and aa, the gold mail prices are bop, so should the weekly at vDSA be then.
    or:
    Make it how many times you can do it an week, that means you have to work for it and its still time based, since the faster you can do it, the more you can get to do it.

Dont care which.
    Well you obviously don't know how to grind. I did grind vr1 to 14 in 3 days. Get a ring of mara, subscribe to the game and grind zombies in each veteran zone. it adds up to 567xp per mob kill. Zombies tend to spawn in huge packs, theres many places for them in every alliance.
    #MOREORBS
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya I guess the healer rings still sell for bank to the PVP crowd, but who needs the gold? Just from selling SO v14s I'm over 2 million and I don't need it for anything. Our trials leader has like 20 million gold. It's not game breaking that some people have to compete with competent players that have several alts that replay the content for weekly rewards. I have done it a few times myself but am so bored with the content I can't be bothered to even do the stuff on my main often.

you Need Gold for the pvp gear, ist one of the best dmg sets aviable in this game so far.
    new Players dont have any Chance to get any of them.
    well mby pvp gear with a big amount of time, when they dont stand Close to Chance aiganst Long term Player with a hug amount of Gold and alts.
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont change the subject, this is about the leader-board and not grind, since it dont changes the fact how it works right now, is dead wrong and a slap to people that work like crazy to get a chance
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont change the subject, this is about the leader-board and not grind, since it dont changes the fact how it works right now, is dead wrong and a slap to people that work like crazy to get a chance
    you're the one who mentioned it ;)
    #MOREORBS
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you Need Gold for the pvp gear, ist one of the best dmg sets aviable in this game so far.
    well mby pvp gear with a big amount of time, when they dont stand Close to Chance aiganst Long term Player with a hug amount of Gold and alts.

I have like 8 million AP. I have played the game too much :)

If you play with a good group at prime-time it isn't hard to make 250k AP/hour.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i speak for new Players.
    How much you think are able/willing to join the brainless bombzergs?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Gil.Galad wrote: »
    The problem is not having people with multiple alts on the leaderboards there aren't so many people who are able to place multiple chars in the weekly. The biggest problem specially in the DSA weekly is that you can have single persons blocking a spot for 4 people. When I have my main in the weekly and we decide to help a guild mate and end up with a lower score the guild mate will be alone on his leaderboard position and 3 rewards are lost. Like this many of the possible 400 rewards are lost. Compared to the 1200 rewards from 12 man trial weeklys where it's unlikely that single persons block a 12 man leaderboard position you already have only 1/3 of the total rewards. If they would fix this problem, either by increasing the leaderboard for DSA to 300 or so that the fastest 400 players instead of the fastest 100 groups get a reward then there would be enough rewards for good people and their alts.
    I find this to be the real issue, where you can find alot of "single" players in the leaderboards that take up to an entire spot. There's no such thing as a "team" when it comes to leaderboards and until they fix this it'll stay unfair (as the total players are NOT 100*4 or 100*12).

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i speak for new Players.

Even solo you can make close to that sticking to conflict areas that award d-ticks like keeps and resources. If you can tag players that are getting hit by blob groups you get the credit too.

You don't need gold to buy the pvp stuff, in a week or two of grinding pvp solo you can get all the ap you need. Also other than the cyrodiil light rings, not sure what you need as trial gear from pvp. The morag tong stuff is nice for sta dps as is the ravager to a lesser degree but sta dps in general blows for trials. All dps should be magicka DKs at this point in the game. If you aren't a magicka DK you are lowering your trials group's score.

When games go pay to win there is a real difference between what new players have and what old players have. If you want to get on the leader-board for DSA you can do it, but it will take a lot of time to grind out the CPs to get to the levels of dps you need to have a competitive time. Top groups are easily doing 20k single target now on most fights, and you need a good tank that can tank all 4 adds without heals away from the group and a healer who can tank the boss and heal at the same time. Even if you get on the leader board, the chance of getting a gold healer ring to sell isn't high. If you can clear vdsa though you will still get vr14 purple accessories that sell for decent coin, about as much as Cyrodiil light rings sell for. Also check with your guild, players might sell you rings on the cheep if it is for trials advancement.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Moezilla
    Moezilla
    ✭✭✭
    Im tired of seeing people non-stop complaining on the forums....about everything! Its called a leaderboard for a reason. Its the only real competition for PVE players. VetDSA is the only weekly that gives items that are not already bound, so having 400 or 1200 slots will completely ruin that market.

The people that are on the top of the leaderboards and manage to take all of their alts, and take up the top 30 spots have probably earned it. Those are the people who run it multiple times and have taken the time to learn the instance.

So instead of complaining you should grab 3 other people and go in and learn it. Run it and understand the mechanics and enjoy the content we currently have to deal with.
    Moezilla-Dunmer DK
    Kittyzilla- Khajiit NB
    Twitch.tv/EsoMoezilla
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    If I may ask what was the lowes score for vet DSA in NA you still got in the last time? for EU it was about 9700 points.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP that weekly rewards should be account based. Having 4 v14 alts (soon 5) that is capable to get on the leaderboard still think it's unfair advantage for people having too much game time. Mostly hurts for DSA but same issue for the 12 man trials.

Having multiple alts competing has its own advantages already. First of all if someone knows what to do on one character, it's not a big deal to do it on a different toon. Also having the ability to jump in on multiple roles or in different factions can increase the chances of getting in a good group. My AD buddies not around this week, no problem, I'll just run with my DC guild. Heck I don't even need to maintain 2 sets of gear, I can share between my alts.

Even if someone is represented multiple times on the board, should only get one reward. Getting 3-4-5 golden accessories one week can create significant financial gap between players.

Just because of using more alts than others people should not get a significant advantage over others. That creates gap between players even if they play the same amount. Imagine what it would be if people got enlightenement bonus for each veteran alt they had.
    Edited by SickDuck on May 27, 2015 4:40PM
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭

i speak for new Players.

Even solo you can make close to that sticking to conflict areas that award d-ticks like keeps and resources. If you can tag players that are getting hit by blob groups you get the credit too.

You don't need gold to buy the pvp stuff, in a week or two of grinding pvp solo you can get all the ap you need. Also other than the cyrodiil light rings, not sure what you need as trial gear from pvp. The morag tong stuff is nice for sta dps as is the ravager to a lesser degree but sta dps in general blows for trials. All dps should be magicka DKs at this point in the game. If you aren't a magicka DK you are lowering your trials group's score.

When games go pay to win there is a real difference between what new players have and what old players have. If you want to get on the leader-board for DSA you can do it, but it will take a lot of time to grind out the CPs to get to the levels of dps you need to have a competitive time. Top groups are easily doing 20k single target now on most fights, and you need a good tank that can tank all 4 adds without heals away from the group and a healer who can tank the boss and heal at the same time. Even if you get on the leader board, the chance of getting a gold healer ring to sell isn't high. If you can clear vdsa though you will still get vr14 purple accessories that sell for decent coin, about as much as Cyrodiil light rings sell for. Also check with your guild, players might sell you rings on the cheep if it is for trials advancement.

While I don't disagree with you in general, the top NA SO score had plenty of variety. Unless it's changed since I was last online, I think we had 3 templars, 5 DK, 3 NB, and 1 sorc. And yes, the score is much lower than the top EU score, but you can still be competitive with a little bit of variety.

Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as the actual question on hand is concerned, I just think deaths should count again. Might give everyone more to work on than just faster, faster, faster.

For the loots, I only really care about the master weapons, and I don't really have a problem improving them myself. For the other trials, I'm really just looking for and extra alloy/rosin/wax I usually get when I decon whatever they send me. Any talk of a financial gap is absolutely ignorant of the actual state of the economy. There's already a ridiculous financial gap, and it has nothing to do with weekly rewards. Also, even with the financial gap, there's not really a ton of BiS gear that's unnaffordable; There's just a small portion of the population with ridiculous amounts of gold and nothing to spend it on (like @AhPook_Is_Here apparently). Really having tons of gold on hand just means you can go full legendary on your gear while theorycrafting.

Eucken wrote: »
    If I may ask what was the lowes score for vet DSA in NA you still got in the last time? for EU it was about 9700 points.

I can't remember exactly, but I though maybe 8600 still slipped in the last time it was the weekly.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only two things I have a issue with is simple, is a leaderboard, that means you are one person = 1 spot only, its shouldnt be about having the most alts to gain an unfair advantages over others.

I havent seen any other mmo or games where you can have more chars like this in the leading score, or if you can, where you get super things like master weapons, and the best jewelry in the game, thats no bop.

So make gear bop and it will remove the incentive to well, yeah I call it an exploit actually now more and more after thinking of it. Why, simple those gear shouldn't never had been boe at all.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always been on the weekly board when I want and aim for it, so never noticed it, before someone actually comment on how it really works.

If this is true, I really really feel sorry for lots of players in this game, and for me its just not fair to them.

So heres is what I heard. Some of the top players are using like 4-5 chairs to get in the leader board, with playing with each other, that actually means if just one group of four people that has 4 vr14s, actually can have 16 places in the top 100, if more do this and if this is how it works, I really feel sorry for lots of people that will never have a single chance getting in the top 100 weekly, especially when its vDSA where I know lots really want the master weapons.

again, I never saw it before someone comment on this is how it works, if it do I really really hope that it will be one place on your account name and not char in the future, just so everyone has one chance to get in the top 100, and not just like 20 people getting all 100 prices.

That's not how it works. One group of 4 use up one spot on the leaderboard. That's it. If the same group runs with another set of characters they can get a second spot. Using your example of of each having 4 characters they would fill 4 spots, not 16.

unfortunately, that is the way it is and restrictimh
    only two things I have a issue with is simple, is a leaderboard, that means you are one person = 1 spot only, its shouldnt be about having the most alts to gain an unfair advantages over others.

I havent seen any other mmo or games where you can have more chars like this in the leading score, or if you can, where you get super things like master weapons, and the best jewelry in the game, thats no bop.

So make gear bop and it will remove the incentive to well, yeah I call it an exploit actually now more and more after thinking of it. Why, simple those gear shouldn't never had been boe at all.

A team earns a spot. Not an individual player or character. Of course, if part of that team runs again and gets a better score then only the original ranking would be held by the remaining members of the first team.

One cannot restrict players from running alts or say their alts are useless at end game. However, they could introduce weekly lockouts. Complete it once and you cannot run again on that character. This would prevent one tank from running with four groups but will not prevent someone from running on eight alts, which it should not.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just make the leader-board on the login name instead of chars name, that way you can still improve your ranking with what ever main/alt you using.

in my book, one person shouldn't be able to have 8 spots in the leader-board