The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Problem with Sorcerers

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka sorcs also have major glaring weaknesses; nirn, ball of lightning, defensive stance, wings.

Edit: although I do agree that sorcs could use some more stam class synery
    Edited by TBois on May 22, 2015 10:15PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad that you rolled sorc Sunshine, now you can join us as a Care Bear Sorc.

Btw, glad to see all the lovely discussion...
    qwlqyXN.jpg
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    They don't need all the extra sorc abilities. If you watch one, 3 of the 5 abilities on every sorc bar is crystal frag, bolt escape, and their shield. The last 2 abilities can be substatuted for anything. Nine out of ten times 1 of the last 2 is curse. In reality they only use 3 abilities. with maybe a 4th ability every 50 cast just so they can say I'm a unique build.

Thats funny because I use Crystal Fragments (on one bar) Bolt Escape (on all 3 bars), Defensive Rune, Velocious Curse, Efficient Purge, Hardened Ward(on 2 bars), Healing Ward, Daedric Mines, Power Overload, Structured Entropy, and Boundless Storm, and Defensive Posture in my build.

I the only abilities I use semi-rarely are Defensive rune and Defensive posture depending on the situation.

Plenty of unique sorc builds out there, just because you don't know of them doesn't make your opinion fact.

I would love to see sorcs nerfed in places they are too strong, and buffed in others. I would like for any other class nerfed for the reason of "Diversity" alone. I want to see, fight/compete with stamina Sorcs, tank Sorcs, healer Sorcs, and mage Sorcs all the same.

In reality, sorcs can be any of those roles and do them well. Magicka sorcs are driven by the nature of how shields work and how weak light armor was made defensively. Its a multiprong problem that ZOS probably hasnt even began to care about yet.

But just because 98% of sorcs are moving themselves down the path of least resistance doesnt mean the others arent viable and strong.

You can't tell me that your Stamina Sorc wouldn't be much better as a NB or even a DK. There is absolutely nothing in your build that synergizes well with Stamina. The only way you can make it works is because you're a skilled player which is 85% of PvP in this game. Skill can make almost anything work when there are so many players who are just bad at this game.

What ability do you use on your sorc that doesn't have a better alternative on another class? Bolt escape is nice but you can't spam it, boundless storm is nice but there are equal alternatives and it wouldn't be necessary as a DK/NB.

FENGRUSH as a NB would probably be very strong. The class seems pretty monsterous - but a player that knows how to put them away and is capable is a nightmare. Blink is very strong though.

Not arguing that the class doesnt have much to sway you towards playing stam, but the options can make viable players, the game doesnt make some builds non viable, which it did a pretty good job at before. They said theyre buffing stam sorc already, so no sense wasting too much time about it. Everyone will follow in the ways of FENGRUSH, its just a matter of time!
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like for pet damage to scale with stam if it's higher.

And yeah sorcs dont have much synergy with stamina compared to the other classes.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are not that bad with stamina, you need to use magnum shot -> crit rush -> wrecking blow combo, and use bow/2h

Nothing you just listed is specific to a Sorc.

You could literally be NO class (if that was possible) and be as effective as a Sorc. <.<
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Yes buff stam sorc... and plz nerf dam OP magicka sorcs...
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but shield stacking sorcs is the most OP thing in the game right now. If you don't see it, you must have also played a DK just after release.

I find fear and all sorts of stealth attacks(where nb happens to be best at) to be the most op thing in the game right now. I guess it´s all a matter of perception.

Nightblades can have extremely high damage output and combined with fear it can seriously put a hurt on people. But, we are glass cannons, with the right skills on your bar you can completely counter roll dodge. In order to do this crazy dmg we have to gimp our health pool and our only source of surviving past that is with cloak that can be countered with cheap detection potions which I use all the time.

Sorcs get massive shields for free that can be spammed faster than you probably know how to do. What I mean by "free shields" is you dont need to put points into health to be tanky, there is no choice that needs to be made. Sorcs get to be glass cannons without the actual "glass" part.

My point is Nightblade is probably OP, but Sorc is more op.

Aaand thats what i was saying. Sorc is probably OP but NB is more OP!

It´s depending on where you´re asking.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50