The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't deconstruct my items?

amirgelman
amirgelman
✭✭✭
Since i'm pretty fresh into crafting (level 38), i get much higher level items which sometimes it lets me deconstruct which is great because it lets me move forward faster in crafting.

But most of the time - a lot of items i have are just not there when i try to deconstruct.

What is it up to?

Thanks in advance!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only Deconstruct Wood Weapons/Shields, Metal Armor and Weapons, and Clothing Items, you Extract from Glyphs (same thing different word).

However all these things have to be done at the appropriate crafting station, so Wood Station for Staves, Bows, Shields, Blacksmithing Station for Metal stuff, Clothing Station for Cloth and Leather, Enchanting Table for Glyphs.

So, are you at the right station for the items you are deconstructing?
    Edited by Nestor on May 22, 2015 8:51PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• amirgelman
    amirgelman
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You can only Deconstruct Wood Weapons/Shields, Metal Armor and Weapons, and Clothing Items, you Extract from Glyphs (same thing different word).

However all these things have to be done at the appropriate crafting station, so Wood Station for Staves, Bows, Shields, Blacksmithing Station for Metal stuff, Clothing Station for Cloth and Leather, Enchanting Table for Glyphs.

So, are you at the right station for the items you are deconstructing?

Thanks for your comment!
    Yeah I'm at the right station.

Let me put it this way - I do some queats, collect bunch of white\grewn\blue items. When inventory ia full of these items I go to all 3 stations and many of these items do not appear when i go to the deconstruction tab. I end up selling them or use them for research.

Why? :neutral:
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some add-ons that prevent you from accidentally deconstructing certain items (ones that you haven't yet researched the trait for, etc). Do you have one of those installed? Aside from that I can't think of any reason why items shouldn't be showing up for decon at the appropriate crafting stations.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • amirgelman
    amirgelman
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    There are some add-ons that prevent you from accidentally deconstructing certain items (ones that you haven't yet researched the trait for, etc). Do you have one of those installed? Aside from that I can't think of any reason why items shouldn't be showing up for decon at the appropriate crafting stations.

Well I never thought of that. I have currently only 3 addons:
    - Skyshards
    - Minimap
    - Slightly Advanced Experience Bar

What do you think?
    Maybe I should just disable them all and add them 1 by 1 to see if any of them creates the problem.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall the details but I think some bound items don't show up to deconstruct. I think (for example) I've sometimes been able to learn at trait by taking apart the Bow from cold harbor (is it cadwells bow or something) yet I cant just deconstruct it for materials.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon if this is an insult, but did you notice that for the crafting screens for Blacksmithing and Woodworking, there are two tabs for the deconstruction dialog, Gear and Weapons? You need to check both categories to see all items. (The Clothing dialog has only one tab, because no weapons in the game are made of leather and cloth.)
  • amirgelman
    amirgelman
    ✭✭✭
    Pardon if this is an insult, but did you notice that for the crafting screens for Blacksmithing and Woodworking, there are two tabs for the deconstruction dialog, Gear and Weapons? You need to check both categories to see all items. (The Clothing dialog has only one tab, because no weapons in the game are made of leather and cloth.)

Holy S%@#.....
    Excuse me while I stick my head in a shoe box without being seen by anyone for the next month ^_^
    Yup, it's there... thank you!
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    ... (The Clothing dialog has only one tab, because no weapons in the game are made of leather and cloth.)

I demand a sling weapon line!! :smiley:
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a "wet rag" weapon to make some of the most ridiculously easy PvE fights a challenge again.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a "wet rag" weapon to make some of the most ridiculously easy PvE fights a challenge again.

L2P noob way = wear only looted gear, forget all knowledge of how to lvl skills, which mundus stones to have, which skills to use.... don't use buff food, slot only potions you find.

>>>>> I started out as a vampire templar healer in heavy amor and bow ^^