The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: change motifs of gears?

TheDarkShadow
TheDarkShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
Since ESO don't have cosmetic slot for each piece of gear, pls let us change the motif of gears we bought on the guild stores or looted. The crafter must have the motif learned, the motif material, and the materials require to craft an equivalent item. The new item will have traits, enchantment, set bonuses and stats like the old item, but have a new style.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than likely this as well as being able to change the trait on a made piece of gear will never be put in. Being able to do this would make re-running dungeons over and over pointless. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this in the crown store though. Pay x amount of crowns to change the style/trait on an existing piece of gear bound to you. Even that's a stretch though I think.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that Imperial Light and Heavy is a better look than most armors, not all, but most. So, if you have the Imperial Edition, you can convert any armor or weapon to that if you have an Imperial Character to do it with.

Also, the Dye system has pretty much taken care of most of the visual differences in the armors. Sure, they are physically different with different details and whatnot, but from more than 10 meters away, it's the colors I see, not the filigree on the armor or the over all style.

But I have made even ugly dropped pieces look good with other armors using Dyes.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    More than likely this as well as being able to change the trait on a made piece of gear will never be put in. Being able to do this would make re-running dungeons over and over pointless. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this in the crown store though. Pay x amount of crowns to change the style/trait on an existing piece of gear bound to you. Even that's a stretch though I think.

I'm willing to pay some crown to change the style (NOT TRAITS! I agree that being able to buy traits on store is pay to win) of my gear.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on May 20, 2015 3:39AM