(error) 1

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I get this error VERY often while attempting to log in. Seriously ZOS, can you please provide more information in your error messages?

It seems to happen more often after I have been disconnected in-game. Does anyone know what might be happening here?
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I get this error VERY often while attempting to log in. Seriously ZOS, can you please provide more information in your error messages?

    It seems to happen more often after I have been disconnected in-game. Does anyone know what might be happening here?

    this game look to have any support is realy pathetic
    dont expect answer soon :(
    the wall of the covenant
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a known issue. The error code is not displayed properly. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1755208/#Comment_1755208

    Support asks you to make a ticket. They will use it to find the issue that error codes are not shown properly and help you resolve the reason for getting the error in the first place.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

    PC player - EU
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got offended the first few times with seeing this error

    <<1>> looks like, they are giving me the middle finger :)
    Edited by Artemiisia on May 17, 2015 10:37AM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Solariken !

    Error <<1>> usually occurs when there is a connection issue between your system and our servers. As it can be difficult to narrow down where the connectivity problem is occurring, we do recommend submitting a support ticket to have an agent look directly at your settings and connection path to see where we can narrow it down for you.

    Thank you, and thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Error <<1>> usually occurs when there is a connection issue between your system and our servers.

    Hi MollyH,

    Is it possible for ESO to put up a list of the most common errors? This way we could at least do some preliminary troubleshooting on our own before we open tickets and post for help. This may also help cut down the load on the ESO support team. Thanks.
  • Vlakna
    Vlakna
    ✭✭✭
    @Molly:

    Why you keep asking people to submit a tkt? In the end you will just tell them is your router or ISP. This problem have been going on since TU launched. Your support team just gave up on my tkt. Issue was never resolved. That is why I decided to cancel my sub.
  • bell.weather122rwb17_ESO
    It happens when i get dc during the loading screen. But some time i can't enter some area due to error 1
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @Vlakna !

    Could you please let us know what your ticket number was? We'll be happy to look into it for you to see if one of our Support agents can reach out to you again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vlakna
    Vlakna
    ✭✭✭
    @ MollyH :smile:


    Hahahaha....Really? There you go. Incident: 150129-001794
  • Vlakna
    Vlakna
    ✭✭✭
    Why I am not surprise ZOS haven't contact me. Even after posting my incident number here.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hi @Solariken !

    Error <<1>> usually occurs when there is a connection issue between your system and our servers. As it can be difficult to narrow down where the connectivity problem is occurring, we do recommend submitting a support ticket to have an agent look directly at your settings and connection path to see where we can narrow it down for you.

    Thank you, and thanks for your patience!

    If you can't get past the character screen (if your lucky enough to get that far) you can't submit a ticket.

    So.. I guess its a connection issue that cannot be resolved.

    Edited by BRogueNZ on May 27, 2015 3:04AM
    "Having lost so much for the country alliance I love, I'll be damned if I'll ever love any other" possibly misquoted civil war dude
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I have been in talks with support since last week, and have tried everything. A complete reinstall is the only thing that reliably logs me back into the game.

    However my problem will still remain, I move zone or enter a delve or whatever and it hangs on the loading screen, then I get <<1>>

    They have no solution to this problem.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you get error 1...
    use the exe (executable file) directly and not the launcher. It's the crappy launcher not communicating with the server.

    You can find that exe by going to your hard drive folder on your computer, usually (C:) then finding the folder ESO, then inside that folder > The Elder Scrolls Online, then the "game" folder, then "client". Inside there is a eso.exe file.Hover over it. hold down your left mouse button and drag it to your desktop. Don't worry you aren't messing up your game, just creating another shortcut to launch the game. So thats..
    Computer>C:>ESO>The Elder Scrolls Online> game>client

    When a monday patch comes around, open the launcher and let it patch. close it and continue using the direct exe. (note if you use steam the exe is ion your Steam>AppData folder.

    The launcher was made by the same people that brought you the awesome Looking For group tool ;)
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    When a monday patch comes around, open the launcher and let it patch. close it and continue using the direct exe. (note if you use steam the exe is ion your Steam>AppData folder.

    Its not only Mondays. Sometimes they "silently" push emergency patches and/or important update. Its a better habit to start the patcher once a day(when you play), and then just close it and use the .exe

    Sometimes they announce the updates, but not always. One of the Mods posted more accurate info on one of the other "use the .exe posts. If I find it, I'll link the quote.
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    If you get error 1...
    use the exe (executable file) directly and not the launcher. It's the crappy launcher not communicating with the server.

    You can find that exe by going to your hard drive folder on your computer, usually (C:) then finding the folder ESO, then inside that folder > The Elder Scrolls Online, then the "game" folder, then "client". Inside there is a eso.exe file.Hover over it. hold down your left mouse button and drag it to your desktop. Don't worry you aren't messing up your game, just creating another shortcut to launch the game. So thats..
    Computer>C:>ESO>The Elder Scrolls Online> game>client

    When a monday patch comes around, open the launcher and let it patch. close it and continue using the direct exe. (note if you use steam the exe is ion your Steam>AppData folder.

    The launcher was made by the same people that brought you the awesome Looking For group tool ;)

    Thanks you mate, problem solved!
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I tired this for my error and it doesn't work.

    Zeni are stumped and I am stumped. My error doesn't let me move between zones or enter any dungeons, it will just time out on the loading screen and then log me out with <<1>> after that I cannot log back in again, I have to continually keep trying to login.

    I have tried absolutely everything except trying to play from a different connection, because I have no other connection. Point is I am unable to play the game.

    This only happened to me after patch 2.0.9, up until this time everything was peachy.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @BRogueNZ !

    To submit a support ticket from outside of the game, you can go to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com and use our help portal under "Ask for Help"
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vlakna
    Vlakna
    ✭✭✭
    I tried everything support suggested and still no fix. I cant believe this is my connection as they keep saying. Too many people and from different countries is having this issue. The launcher or game is broken and ZOS will not acknowledge. I will try running the game directly from exe file w/o the launcher.

    Thank you SLy_Kyti. You are more helpful than ZOS support.
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    When a monday patch comes around, open the launcher and let it patch. close it and continue using the direct exe. (note if you use steam the exe is ion your Steam>AppData folder.

    Its not only Mondays. Sometimes they "silently" push emergency patches and/or important update. Its a better habit to start the patcher once a day(when you play), and then just close it and use the .exe

    Sometimes they announce the updates, but not always. One of the Mods posted more accurate info on one of the other "use the .exe posts. If I find it, I'll link the quote.

    Agree as I am now seeing the missing walls and floors when everything seemed to be fine with the last patch and nvidia driver update
  • Grooder
    Grooder
    Soul Shriven
    I too was plagued by this for a while. If you are playing on a network that has multiple WAN connections then you are going to have issues. The game panics when a request comes from an unexpected IP address and drops it and subsequently you to the login screen or you get the "Requesting Character Load" message that doesn't ever stop.


    If you have control over the router then bind the following ports to one of the connections. Haven't had a single drop while logging in or zoning since.

    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331

    If you are on a network at a college or the like and don't get control then you need to find a way to get a stable endpoint for the game to see. VPN software or something like that.

    https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/gaming-vpn would be an example.

    I hope this helps some of you stay logged in. I know it drove me nuts.

Sign In or Register to comment.