Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The GRIND is REAL! - (NEED HELP LEVELING or I QUIT)

TheGOHgamer
TheGOHgamer
✭✭
I NEED HELP LEVELING - (I am on EU, and play as DC) Name: Goh Gamer

Ok, I spent a full two days questing, and "leveling" and I am still at VR1! What the flying #@?*! lol... This is becoming more of a chore and making me want to just put the game down and never play again. PVE is no fun after grinding 1 - 50, you are told to grind again from VR1 to VR14 which takes so long I will probably have to leave a Will so that my kids can finish the game when I am gone.

PVP is less fun since you are no longer buffed like you were in BB but now you are nerfed to the ground. (They buff you to maybe VR12 in Non-Vet and then when you get to VR1 they debuff you and force you to go up against VR14's in Vet campaigns.

I have no time for this. Where is the fun if you can't do PVP or even PVE? THE GRIND IS REAL!

There has to be a better way. I want to do PVP but can't for the above reason. PVE dungeons are a no go since you spend so long in the dungeons for little to no reward for VR gear that have worse stats than your basic lvl 50 gear. Or in my case I get VR2 or 3 green gear which is much worse than my current VR1 blue gear / purples. Sometimes I get nothing at all.

There has to be a better way. I need to get to VR14 but honestly I don't even want to play the game. Is there a way to get to VR14 faster than doing these dungeons and quests with no reward? Or doing PVP against vet 14s, WITH NO REWARD. I rather not spend another whole day on the game and still be at VR1. If that is the case then I will not be playing this game anymore.

Is there anyone out there that can help me "grind" or have any advice to leveling up fast. Any groups or guilds i can join to help me do it? I need to know. I really don't want to stop playing the game and cancel my sub but it's leaving me no choice here.

Someone please help.

EU server - Daggerfall Covenant - In game name: Goh Gamer
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons in regular zones are often the worst places to grind as most of them have had their XP nerfed. You need to find an open area for Caldwell's silver with lots of mobs and a good respawn rate and just start killing. Make sure you never have to stop.

Not many people will give out their spots; not only because they like to keep it to themselves, but also because the devs like to nerf it. For some strange reason, even though VR levels are supposed to go away some year; they just don't want you to diminish the slow progress that everyone hates to begin with.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on your two threads where you express distaste with PvP and now PvE I would strongly suggest you find another game to play. I mean you want to get to max level without playing the game?!?!?

We really really need the LoL button back.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You make no sense OP...

Seems you wanna hit max level without putting in any effort and threatening to leave the game.

Shrugs...

Bye then...:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group with one other player for a 10% increase to XP. Don't expect great gear while your leveling. But do pick up EVERYTHING....vendor it. You walk away ~5k/hr gold. After you reach v14 it totals ~250k. You can then buy whatever you want.

Craft yourself relevant sets at v1, v5, v9 and then not again until v14.

Don't expect it to be fast. Even the faster of grinds is not that fast. On average you'll get about 1 VR/every 6-8hrs of play. Personally I can only play after work (so ~4 - 5 hrs a night) and I usually net a little more than ~0.5 VR a night. If you're consistent it should take ~2.5 - 3 weeks.

I can message you some spots. won't post them here.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 7, 2015 1:47PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did cadvells silver and gold two times, includinig every shard, lorebook, dolmen, public dungeon and bosses, world bosses and side quest.

I admit I dont wanna do this again for the 3rd time tho.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SHADOW2KK @Weberda

Nice rebuttal to my argument, lol. The ignorant always have nothing intelligent to bring to an argument but random conjecture. If you have nothing constructive to say then keep your mouth closed. This is why the stereotype of MMO players is that of a cancer. I bring valid arguments to the table that I have issue with and that I feel need to be addressed and have the right to do so.

It's not about wanting to reach max level without effort or trying to get to max level without playing the game. Get the blind fanboy syndrome out of your systems.

The game places to many limitations and restrictions on new players - FACT

You get to level 50, want to do end game, cant. - FACT

Levels 1 to 50 buffed in PVP, you can have fun but then get to VR1 put in Vet campaign. Slaughtered by VR14s with hundreds of champion points and great gear when you have none - FACT

So now there is no end game for you. You are told you cannot have fun in PVP so you have to grind PVE some more until you get to VR14, then you can have fun. - FACT

You should not have to grind 1 to 50 (which is fun) then grind to VR14 for months before you can have fun in a game which is supposed to be fun throughout. - FACT

If anyone has anything constructive to say then please go ahead.

Thank you.

Lol, well I seen some of your other stuff on forums whining about PvP now you are moaning about PvE, if you cannot handle the game, then don`t play it.

There are ways to progress, not gonna say them here, as zeni nerfs everything, but if you put in the time, you will progress.

I do not have a problem with you addressing issues that you feel are a problem, that is your right to do so, but don`t tar me with the fan boi brush, when I have given feedback on the game over many levels.

Hardly ignorant conjecture, do what everyone else does, put the effort in, it pays off, or don`t.

I can have fun in the game regardless of level, just cos you cant, does not mean its FACT.

L2P, sure zeni has made things more difficult, but like anything else, rewards require effort.

Levels 1 to 50 buffed in PVP, you can have fun but then get to VR1 put in Vet campaign. Slaughtered by VR14s with hundreds of champion points and great gear when you have none - FACT

Lol and your point is?, you want CPs and great gear, then put the effort in and get your own, that is FACT

You should not have to grind 1 to 50 (which is fun) then grind to VR14 for months before you can have fun in a game which is supposed to be fun throughout. - FACT

That again is just your opinion, as you can have fun at any level doing anything you want to do, other people have different objectives, its not real life, is a game.

Your points do not mean its wall to wall fact, its just fact for you, not for everyone else.

Take your time, enjoy the game on levels that mean something to you, find friends to play with, grinding or w/e, if you cannot do that, then take a break, research, or w/e.

But no one cares about oh fix the game or I am gone, go or stay, makes no difference to other people.

A lot has changed in the game granted, but the fun element is open to interpretation.

Anyways hope you find your way in the game on some level or not, but it depends on you.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What restrictions are you talking about?
    You can do veteran dungeons, you can do PvP and you can even do normal dsa. You just need to know how your skills and the game mechanics work.
    You don't get slaughtered because you are vet1, you die because the other people played this game for a much longer time and know which skills work well together and how to counter everything you do.

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SHADOW2KK @Weberda

Nice rebuttal to my argument, lol. The ignorant always have nothing intelligent to bring to an argument but random conjecture. If you have nothing constructive to say then keep your mouth closed. This is why the stereotype of MMO players is that of a cancer. I bring valid arguments to the table that I have issue with and that I feel need to be addressed and have the right to do so.

It's not about wanting to reach max level without effort or trying to get to max level without playing the game. Get the blind fanboy syndrome out of your systems.

So now there is no end game for you. You are told you cannot have fun in PVP so you have to grind PVE some more until you get to VR14, then you can have fun. - FACT

If I were the only one that thought this way then you would not have forum posts about it all the time and would not have people creating new characters whenever they hit 50, just so they can do Blackwater. Create a character, play pvp and have fun in BB. Get to 50 then create a new one and do it all over again. Because you are forced to do so.

If anyone has anything constructive to say then please go ahead.

Thank you.
    The bolded above I think is what creates the biggest issue. ppl who played previous ES titles assume that 50 is the max level or they simply want it to be, it's not. v14 is the max level.

ppl assume too much when they should be able to do endgame when reaching lvl50 and before reaching end game level. I never assumed this. I assumed if I want to play endgame content I need to get to endgame level which is v14. I never had the expectation of anything different, so I was never let down and always had a plan to reach it, keeping the goal line in perspective.

You can get to lvl 50 in like 3 days if you're dedicated to it, where's the fun in going to straight to repetitive endgame content at that point? A game SHOULD take longer than that to begin competing at the highest level or it would be childsplay.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right, the grind IS real. The fact is, there's nothing you can do that's going to make V1-V14 fun. It sucks, its always sucked and people have been complaining about this since the beginning. It takes time and effort if you really wanna push for max level. Best thing you can do is grab a buddy. XP is best with a group of 2. The only positive I can say is at least you are grinding 1-14 now instead of last year. The overall xp for each level is only 1 million, it has not always been that way.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    You're right, the grind IS real. The fact is, there's nothing you can do that's going to make V1-V14 fun. It sucks, its always sucked and people have been complaining about this since the beginning. It takes time and effort if you really wanna push for max level. Best thing you can do is grab a buddy. XP is best with a group of 2. The only positive I can say is at least you are grinding 1-14 now instead of last year. The overall xp for each level is only 1 million, it has not always been that way.

The upper crag grind/bittermaw with 12 man groups was the fastest grinds ever...it's much worse now.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 7, 2015 2:23PM
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

The upper crag grind/bittermaw with 12 man groups was the fastest grinds ever...it's much worse now.

Maybe so for those who had access to 12 man groups lol! Not everyone did. And for those people, it sucked. That's all. Was tryin to shed some positive light for this guy! :)

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • TheGOHgamer
    TheGOHgamer
    ✭✭
    You don't get slaughtered because you are vet1, you die because the other people played this game for a much longer time and know which skills work well together and how to counter everything you do.

This makes no sense. So you are saying there is no difference between a V14 player and a V1? That is hilarious.

So a V1 player just going into Vet campaign can beat a V14 player if they know the skills? lol

So if someone has 1000 champion points and another has 0 champion points there is no difference? The only reason they are better is because the know how the skills work and how to counter? Oh then. That seems legit.

It does not take a genius to figure out how the system works. Read the skills, do your research, play and learn the mechanics. And anyone who is coming from an MMO background already knows about skills, debuffs, power interactions, CC's etc. So it's not a steep learning curve here. Funny comment.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff ?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »

Maybe so for those who had access to 12 man groups lol! Not everyone did. And for those people, it sucked. That's all. Was tryin to shed some positive light for this guy! :)
    everyone had access, just had to "lfg upper crag grind" in zone lol. I see you're point tho try to keep it positive >:)
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang someone already asked for stuff. :-(

Seriously though dude - just power through. I came to EU server 3 weeks - possible two and.a half - before 1.6 (was on NA before) and made it to v14 by 1.6 drop and that's with work, kids, cleaning and cooking etc. So you can.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (also all your replies are like carping back at people - it does not inspire the desire to help really)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if someone has 1000 champion points and another has 0 champion points there is no difference?

Nobody has a 1000 points. Stop exaggerating to try and make your point. We get it, you don't like grinding, you don't like content, you don't like the gear, you don't like how character progression works.

I can gain a VR Rank in 2 hours, especially at VR1 to VR3. I can also drag it out so it takes days, it's all in how I play the game. Instead of shooting down anyone who offers you their opinion which is counter to yours, maybe ask instead how to get what you want. We might help you, some have tried in this thread, but you don't seem to want help, just want to complain.

OR, find another game to play, because this one may not be for you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This makes no sense. So you are saying there is no difference between a V14 player and a V1? That is hilarious.

So a V1 player just going into Vet campaign can beat a V14 player if they know the skills? lol

So if someone has 1000 champion points and another has 0 champion points there is no difference? The only reason they are better is because the know how the skills work and how to counter? Oh then. That seems legit.

It does not take a genius to figure out how the system works. Read the skills, do your research, play and learn the mechanics. And anyone who is coming from an MMO background already knows about skills, debuffs, power interactions, CC's etc. So it's not a steep learning curve here. Funny comment.
    There is a difference between vet1 and vet 14, but this difference doesn't make vet14 players unkillable. I often kill people on my vet1 char, because they underestimate me and are surprised that I fight back after they tried to gank me.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a difference between vet1 and vet 14, but this difference doesn't make vet14 players unkillable. I often kill people on my vet1 char, because they underestimate me and are surprised that I fight back after they tried to gank me.

cannot agree with this enough. Been waxing v14s since v1 (and a few here and there since my late 40s) and I am not even a good pvper.
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    i'm on the opposite side of u...i'm also daggerfal covenant,already v2 and close to v3, started silver.
    in my opinion i'm leveling too fast,but that's just my thinking :wink:
    ther's just no way to progress the levels without questing ,so unless u do the silver,it's just not gonna happen ..
    i get u that it's frustrating once u reach lvl50 and finish all original zone quets ,to go and start all of the other factions quests too,but take it easy, that's what i did, do 2 quests a day,and a delve on the side,and you'll see the progression.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

So if someone has 1000 champion points and another has 0 champion points there is no difference?

Nobody has a 1000 points. Stop exaggerating to try and make your point. We get it, you don't like grinding, you don't like content, you don't like the gear, you don't like how character progression works.

I can gain a VR Rank in 2 hours, especially at VR1 to VR3. I can also drag it out so it takes days, it's all in how I play the game. Instead of shooting down anyone who offers you their opinion which is counter to yours, maybe ask instead how to get what you want. We might help you, some have tried in this thread, but you don't seem to want help, just want to complain.

OR, find another game to play, because this one may not be for you.

Agreed, but OP clearly knows better than everyone, and comes out with "Facts", and would rather rage than humbly ask for help, and oh yeah, the threatening to quit thing made me lol.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course there's a difference in power level between a V1 and a V14, but player skill trumps that difference. I'm not a PVPer. I've been going into Cyrodiil more often lately than I used to, but I go there to do PVE stuff. My highest level character is V6, and I'm not exactly loaded down with champion points (I think I've got about 70 total at the moment). I also have no idea what an effective PVP build looks like, because I don't care enough about PVP to do my research or set up my characters for it. When I find myself in a PVP situation sometimes I get slaughtered for sure, but in one-on-one situations I've taken down V14s almost as often as I've been killed by them (well, it's probably more like a 1:3 kill to death ratio against V14s, but still).

If I've got a fighting chance with my V6 or one of my V1s when going up against a V14, then someone who's actually a good player definitely can be competitive at V1.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say try a repost, this time without the ***.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    This forum is so stuck up its own a*se sometimes....

@ op: if you dont start and end a post/thread with praises of the game the crowd will go cujo on you.
    Im probably gonna get banned for typing this since I have been warned already but there seems to be totally ok to make fun of & attack people with nonsense and slanderous stuff if you are "defending" the game.
    The CoC does not seem to apply to all members.

On topic: There is no way around cadwells silver&gold/pve dungeons unless you go cyrodiil and either try grind delves or join a raid zerging. Sorry to say. Good luck!

• noobfury
    noobfury
    ✭✭✭
    The op has a valid point with regards to pvp at low vet levels. I mentioned this topic in one of my recent threads primarily because players at lower tiered vet levels are pretty much left out of pvp as they can't really be competitive with the VR 14s that dominate vet campaigns.

It's one thing if you already have a max level and you share hundreds of cp with a low level alt but on a first vet level char you are kind of stuck in that middle ground for a while.

I for one don't mind at all the pve grind because I think the cp and high level benefits should be earned not given or purchased and I enjoy putting in the work however , it is unfortunate that there is no way to really break from that and participate in a pvp campaign at the same time without a BWB alt .

noobfury earned the Eighth Anniversary badge.Thanks for sticking with us for 8 years. PC NA