Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level up pets?

HardyHero
HardyHero
Is there a way to level up pets?
Or pets just follow you arround?
My pet (little monkey) just follow me. He doesnt attack.
Be a person of whom the world is not worthy.
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    They are just following you around, being company so you don't feel lonely.
    Edited by Frosthawk on April 5, 2014 1:12PM
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    It's a vanity item, i.e. there for fun/to look cute/etc. No practical purpose. You may see other players with a 'pet' type creature following them which does attack, I believe those are actually summoned creatures, i.e. they have cast a spell which brings a creature to Nirn and then that creature does their bidding (well, attacks enemies for them, it probably won't make them a cup of tea.)
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    Got it now.
    I saw some "pets" attacking, but then should be summoned creatures.
    Asked about the level of the pet for it always appears as lvl1 then thought possible equip him or send him to attack and then go up the level of it.
    Although it would be very strange to see a little monkey attacking lol

Thank you guys!
    Be a person of whom the world is not worthy.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering about ...can anyone kill my pets, or damage them? If I die, will my pet get lost or will it be at the shrine where I'm revived? I have 3 pets, and I have been too scared to take them out.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanity pets cannot attack, be attacked or die. However, you can delete them as you can delete any item in your inventory.
    ----
    Murray?
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanity pets cannot attack, be attacked or die. However, you can delete them as you can delete any item in your inventory.
    ... and that is exactly what I done the second I opened the mail attachments. I destroyed all of the pets as well as the Mara pledge.

On a side note... I cannot bring myself to accept my Summoned Daedra as being the MMO equivalent of a pet.
    Daedra aren't pets, magicka is not mana and my character is not a toon.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    Quite agree with that bolded part, SeñorCinco, especially oh my God what is this "toon" nonsense, see it on Skyrim boards, too... still, if you don't know what the creatures tagging along after people are, it's not that difficult to come to the conclusion that it's a rather more fierce pet, I suppose.
    Edited by Metella on April 5, 2014 3:41PM
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Metella wrote: »
    Quite agree with that bolded part, SeñorCinco, especially oh my God what is this "toon" nonsense, see it on Skyrim boards, too...

I get the fact that it's new gen multiplayer jargon but some of the TES community, as well as supporters of any other game, are quite passionate about their game. This prompts some to feel rather discontent when they see their second life's assets desecrated with the foul verbiage of slang.

Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• ShadowsofHawks
    ShadowsofHawks
    Soul Shriven
    The evolution of language is an unfortunate reality to many.

"You'll find many of the things we cling to depend solely on our point of view" ... said someone... in a movie once.

In the last twenty years we have created a cornucopia of terms to express all of the strange, new, terrible and wonderful nuances of our society. While other terms, other wonderful words, are lost to the vestiges of time, resigned only to a life of old movies and newspapers.

For example, BALDERDASH is a perfectly wonderful cuss word, but no one considers it such anymore. BLOODY is only offensive to other British, and makes the rest of us look for something with which to soak up the blood. And let's not forget MEECROB. (What??? oh yes.)

Though the F word has stood the test of time to become one of the most versatile words in all the English language. A noun, a verb, an adjective... and adverb... that's an amazing word.

That said, I am just as disheartened by the destruction of language. But, I feel the worst offense may be the use of text speech in college papers, and even in print in the business world. That's ignorant to me.

My *** (City of Heroes/City of Villians) were definitely toons. But, you are correct. That's absolutely it. I've never called my Elder Scrolls characters "toons". Not in Elder Scolls Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowwind, Oblivion, Skyrim, or ESO. (I didn't consider Redguard a real Elder Scrolls game).
  • ShadowsofHawks
    ShadowsofHawks
    Soul Shriven
    I am laughing so hard about the *** edit to my post...