The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Age Gate

Siliconhobbit_ESO
Siliconhobbit_ESO
✭✭✭
Why do I have to keep plugging in my Birthdate every time I visit the main site?

This happens 2 to 3 times a week on my PC and my tablet. It's getting rather annoying.

I am not clearing any website data from my cache at all. I am using Firefox on my PC and Chrome on my tablet.
Sinister Swarm
15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. Had to go through this AGAIN.

Why is the website NOT saving my choices?

Anyone? Anyone?
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Firefox browse your cookies looking for 'gate' (without the quotes). I fine two of them called 'age_gate':

bethsoft.com - expires 20 Feb 2015 (not been to that domain for a bit, obviously)
    elderscrollsonline.com - expires 31 Aug 2015

what do you have on your system? I seem to recall that the bethsoft.com domain can pop-up (no pun intended!) sometimes when trawling through 'ESO' pages.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 13, 2015 10:18AM
    Options
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    This information is stored via Cookies.

So how often do you clean your cookies? This may happen via
    • your browser settings (reset after X days or always on closing)
    • several cleaner programs (CCleaner, Tune Up Utilities, Antivirus)
    • background processes of those programs (clean up automatically every X days)
    • several browser addons (like AdBlockers, "don't track me"-addons)
    • using the privacy mode of your browser (doesn't store cookies)
    Options