Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

So about that Nirnhoned - Patch Notes v2.0.8

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    @Huntler I have seen plenty of magika users who are as tanky as stamina users (shield stacking). Everything swings in round abouts. Up until 1.6 stamina wasn't even playable. Now its Fotm. I stack weapon damage and the best I can hit for out of stealth against a vamp in light armour is about 14k(snipe)+5k(camo hunter)+5k(light attack)+5k(poison injection). I have been hit equally as hard by lots of sorcs with crystal frags ani cancel light attack. Or templars spaming radiant.

Ah yes, because comparing an execute when in execute range or some bs excuse because you clearly don't understand animation cancelling is a totally fair comparison to your example of snipe.

Didn't that get your kickers in a knot. Looks like all the magika users are still only seeing what they want to see.

Think you proved my point by not providing any counterpoint to what is obviously disgustingly flawed logic of yours. Its kind of embarrassing really
    Edited by Huntler on May 11, 2015 11:18PM
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I stopped playing the game a few days ago-- just letting friends play on my account until they fix nirn, I don't feel like farming a ton of gold just to make all nirn gear and go stam for it to be nerfed whenever they decide to fix it. I'll come back when it's nerfed and see how everything is, hopefully they change hp to 1.5x value when they fix nirn or something else to raise TTK as well.
    Edited by Pixysticks on May 11, 2015 11:32PM
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Point is there is always the next best game coming out. This game progressively got worse since launch and only shows signs of accelerating in that direction.

You can continue being a blind fan boy until your voice echoes alone in these forums if you'd like. I was a big fan boy myself and there is still much that I enjoy but you'd have to be blind to see anything other than a dying game right now.

Take a peek at Crowfall, too. Has some really interesting ideas.

Aren't the people behind Crowfall the ones responsible for the NGE in SWG?
    I was testing The Repopulation out for months. Pretty decent sandbox for those who like those types of games. UI was almost identical to the classic Star Wars Galaxies.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    Point is there is always the next best game coming out. This game progressively got worse since launch and only shows signs of accelerating in that direction.

You can continue being a blind fan boy until your voice echoes alone in these forums if you'd like. I was a big fan boy myself and there is still much that I enjoy but you'd have to be blind to see anything other than a dying game right now.

Take a peek at Crowfall, too. Has some really interesting ideas.

Aren't the people behind Crowfall the ones responsible for the NGE in SWG?
    I was testing The Repopulation out for months. Pretty decent sandbox for those who like those types of games. UI was almost identical to the classic Star Wars Galaxies.

One of the co-leads is, yes. The other was behind Shadowbane, Pirates/Wizards 101 (the latter two were very commercially successful if not in the same vein).
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    @Huntler I have seen plenty of magika users who are as tanky as stamina users (shield stacking). Everything swings in round abouts. Up until 1.6 stamina wasn't even playable. Now its Fotm. I stack weapon damage and the best I can hit for out of stealth against a vamp in light armour is about 14k(snipe)+5k(camo hunter)+5k(light attack)+5k(poison injection). I have been hit equally as hard by lots of sorcs with crystal frags ani cancel light attack. Or templars spaming radiant.

Ah yes, because comparing an execute when in execute range or some bs excuse because you clearly don't understand animation cancelling is a totally fair comparison to your example of snipe.

Didn't that get your kickers in a knot. Looks like all the magika users are still only seeing what they want to see.

Think you proved my point by not providing any counterpoint to what is obviously disgustingly flawed logic of yours. Its kind of embarrassing really

My last post proved that you're a typical one eyed Magicka user.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 12, 2015 8:10PM
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My last post proved that you're a typical one eyed Magicka user.

What if... what if I told you I'm a healer. There goes your last leg. You are insanely biased if you don't see the discrepancy between stamina dps and magicka dps atm in PvP

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 12, 2015 8:10PM
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) It's not a nerf of crystal fragment; I consider it as rather a bug fix.
    2) If Nirnhoned was nerf'd in the current state of game, magic damage would just be out of control.

I personally don't expect any change to the nirn trait before the next patch that will address the game balance in general.

Yeah it's funny noticing which bugs get fixed quickly and which do not.

I wonder when the NB Fear bug will get fixed (if ever)?

The "NB Fear bug" is more a bug w/ Break Free than a bug w/ Fear itself.

Also, they fixed the bug that was causing players to fall through the world pretty swiftly.

But please, continue your conspiracy theories. They're really quite amusing.
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, i never even noticed this happening... and if it did it would be so randomly spread out to barely have any effect even if you aimed for it..
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My last post proved that you're a typical one eyed Magicka user. Take your poor attempts to troll elsewhere.

Your two examples were that an execute does more damage (maybe) over three seconds than you can do in one second, and about animation cancelling (that you proved you don't understand) with a spell that this thread was created to talk about how they fixed a broken damage scaling bonus for it. I fail to see how either of those compares to instantly killing people without having to try and use broken mechanics.

Please, shut up and let the grown folks talk now.
    Options
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭

My last post proved that you're a typical one eyed Magicka user. Take your poor attempts to troll elsewhere.

What if... what if I told you I'm a healer. There goes your last leg. You are insanely biased if you don't see the discrepancy between stamina dps and magicka dps atm in PvP

I didn't say there wasnt a difference between magicka and stamina dps??? I said it swings in round abouts, as in last patch it was all magicka. Now its stamina. For the record, I only recently changed to stamina and healed the entire time before that.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_MichaelM on May 12, 2015 8:45AM
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
    Options
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    FMonk wrote: »
    probably going to be dodge-rolled, reflected, or blocked anyway

I'm really thinking I should change to stam. As a mag user, I can only block/roll or break from the knockdown so many frags aimed at me.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what your all saying is that all the "nerf sorcs" posts actually worked!

I love democracy.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »

I love democracy.

They fixed a bug... <.<

That's like saying Fear dropping you through the world was a NB nerf because of posts.
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    kijima wrote: »

I love democracy.

They fixed a bug... <.<

That's like saying Fear dropping you through the world was a NB nerf because of posts.

I like when people post things and don't see the humor in them.

I also like Spiderman.

P.S. Nerf sorcs more :p

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FMonk wrote: »
    2) If Nirnhoned was nerf'd in the current state of game, magic damage would just be out of control.

So it would be like physical damage is now then?
    Yes, burst damage of stamina NB skills is currently out of control, and need to be addressed. But nerfing the nirn trait will not fix this issue.

As a DK, I don't have any chance against a stamina NB or a magicka sorc, unless I spec a heavy tanky build. In that case, they won't kill me, but I won't kill them either.

The stamina NB deals too much damage, and if you're not tanky this means death. The magicka sorc has too many damage shields and healing capabilities in addition to a fair capacity to deal a burst damage, and if you're not tanky, this means death as well. A nerf to the nirn trait will not help against NBs and will make the situation even worse against sorcs.
    Edited by trimsic_ESO on May 12, 2015 4:40AM
    Options
  • AlexDrago
    AlexDrago
    ✭✭✭

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/170248/patch-notes-v2-0-8#latest

Sorcerer

Dark Magic

Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): It is no longer possible for this ability’s damage bonus to proc multiple times in a row and stack.

So i guess its perfectly acceptable to run around Cyrodiil with broken/OP Nirnhoned reducing all magic damage by one half rendering over half the games builds and classes ineffective, yet nerfing a Sorc's frag proc stack that is RNG based nonetheless is more important. :(

Well magic based Nightblades, DragonKnights, Templars, and Sorc's more of the same i suppose...

giphy.gif

Yes i know its counterable, but you must invest and give up far more then it costs the person to simply put on a piece of armor. That's simply not balanced.

In any unclear situation - nerf Sorc's.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1097680/#Comment_1097680
    If you have nothing to say say nothing ©
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man if Nirn was nerfed sorcs would blowing people up for 50k chains.

Sorc burst will be nerfed when nirn is nerfed. You can bet the house on that one. Damage is not a problem that sorcs have nirn or not.

ex-sorc hater. I've been playing one for a few weeks now. There are major issues with passives, stam regen, melee attacks and such, but not dmg...
    Options
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭

Only discrepancy is when someone doe not wear Nirnhoned. Magicka users are easily on a par if not even better equipped than a stamina build in PvP if Nirnhoned is taken out of the equation. Not everyone runs around wearing multiple pieces of Nirnhoned gear.
    Options
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    olsborg wrote: »
    Leaving a broken/unbalanced thing like nirnhoned for this long on live, is indeed stupendous ZOS. Makes me doubt their resolve for a balanced and fun cyrodiil.

You havent been around long have you? lol
    This is Hardly the only problem on live that they have pretty much ignored
    Options
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Sorc burst will be nerfed when nirn is nerfed. You can bet the house on that one. Damage is not a problem that sorcs have nirn or not.

ex-sorc hater. I've been playing one for a few weeks now. There are major issues with passives, stam regen, melee attacks and such, but not dmg...

Ive been playing my sorc for about 2 weeks now. When it comes to small group play, sorc magicka DPS is still much lower than the crazy burst stamina gets to, and with less sacrifice.

Perhaps the only thing that is genuinely strong about sorc magicka dps is the idea that most people made a sorc early on and went for breton/high elf, so our magicka sustain is good. But a wood elf sorc would be very sustainable for stamina.

If nirn was fixed, magicka builds would actually be able to do the burst that stamina can, however this would be unfortunate. TTK is the issue, nirn should be brought in line.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *sips some mead* So a sorc skill got fixed. No need to cry about it. Think us DK wanted our reflective scales nerfed? Now all they gotta do is get rid of shield stacking, PvP buffs from PvE, and remove nirnhond from the game and PvP should be fun again. And let's be honest Nirn is never getting fixed so lets just asked ZoS to just remove it from the game cause it's just beyond broken it gives way WAY to much spell penetration and that's just on normal white level like 12% is purple for everything else so what make nirn so special?
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) It's not a nerf of crystal fragment; I consider it as rather a bug fix.

I personally don't expect any change to the nirn trait before the next patch that will address the game balance in general.

Yeah it's funny noticing which bugs get fixed quickly and which do not.

I wonder when the NB Fear bug will get fixed (if ever)?

The "NB Fear bug" is more a bug w/ Break Free than a bug w/ Fear itself.

Also, they fixed the bug that was causing players to fall through the world pretty swiftly.

But please, continue your conspiracy theories. They're really quite amusing.

That's funny because I got feared through the world about 3-4 days ago....good thing they fixed that one....

I break free of all CC with no problem with the exception of fear which seems to bug 30-40% of the time. Giving trashcans free kills isn't a game I'm going to play.

TheBull wrote: »

Sorc burst will be nerfed when every other form of burst is nerfed. Right now Sorc burst is no stronger than any other burst and it is weaker than most. I landed a 17K Wrecking blow crit on my L41 NB over the weekend. Against opponents that have 30K HPs I'm able to kill the majority of them 1-3 seconds and I can't even stack weapon damage. Everyone is acting like when Nirnhoned is fixed all the sorcs are going to be 1-shotting people. When I was using a bugged Nirnhoned staff I was doing the same damage to people that is done to me by decent stamina users.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Tripe
    Tripe
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see changes like...

Reduced the damage of this ability by 2%.
    Increased the damage of this ability by 3%.
    Reduced the penetration of this ability. 1%
    Increased duration of this ability by 5%
    Reduced effectiveness of this ability by 2%.
    Increased magicka cost of this ability by 1%
    Reduced healing effectiveness by.....

Just as important is giving reasons for the changes. It can mitigate the backlash.

People cry and call them buffs or nerfs. I call them balance and would welcome the changes.

Unfortunately, it seems to me, they've taken the otherwise simple and easily balanced system they had at launch, and turned it into a convoluted mess.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »

Only discrepancy is when someone doe not wear Nirnhoned. Magicka users are easily on a par if not even better equipped than a stamina build in PvP if Nirnhoned is taken out of the equation. Not everyone runs around wearing multiple pieces of Nirnhoned gear.

Even without Nirn gear, stamina builds still are outpacing magicka builds, I've made a variety of posts on the reasons so I won't go into them again. Just because a sorc crits you for 20k or whatever doesn't make all magicka builds strong. EVERY stamina build is strong, every stamina build has options. Think of every weapon and there are many people out there doing great cheap, sustainable damage with it, including far superior survivability as compared to magicka builds. In addition, those big sorc crits were only really possible with the damage stacking bug which is now fixed. Think you'll notice a big difference.

Whats ridiculous is before someone complaining about a 20k crit from a sorc but a snipe at 20k is somehow fine.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Even without Nirn gear, stamina builds still are outpacing magicka builds, I've made a variety of posts on the reasons so I won't go into them again. Just because a sorc crits you for 20k or whatever doesn't make all magicka builds strong. EVERY stamina build is strong, every stamina build has options. Think of every weapon and there are many people out there doing great cheap, sustainable damage with it, including far superior survivability as compared to magicka builds. In addition, those big sorc crits were only really possible with the damage stacking bug which is now fixed. Think you'll notice a big difference.

Whats ridiculous is before someone complaining about a 20k crit from a sorc but a snipe at 20k is somehow fine.

Exactly. I'll have surpassed the largest crit I've ever experienced on my sorc with my Nightblade before he even hits the Vet levels. Stamina is just plain easy mode right now.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB has a crit bonus compared to other classes...

And hey, Magicka was easy mode for over a year. Also, come back when your NB is actually VR14, nobody cares about your adventures punking noobs in BB.
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly. I'll have surpassed the largest crit I've ever experienced on my sorc with my Nightblade before he even hits the Vet levels. Stamina is just plain easy mode right now.

Tell me when you reach a 20k crit without stealth.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Wouldn't you agree such a predication as in stealth is just a supplementary aspect that synergies with your damage, just like crystal frag's strength is under the same necessity of a supplementary aspect of synergy (the RNG proc)? Funny that you think they are different...
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't you agree such a predication as in stealth is just a supplementary aspect that synergies with your damage, just like crystal frag's strength is under the same necessity of a supplementary aspect of synergy (the RNG proc)? Funny that you think they are different...

No, I would not agree, because one is an intended mechanic available to ALL players, and the other was clearly an unintended bug just from reading the tooltip.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I would not agree, because one is an intended mechanic available to ALL players, and the other was clearly an unintended bug just from reading the tooltip.

Thats not what I meant... you do know crystal frags regardless of a bug is good when it procs, otherwise it is rather weak.... it is an ability predicated on something else to be good... kind of like sniping someone from stealth.

The fact you don't see this hilarious duality of your earlier statement is also a little concerning, but allow me to spell it out for you.

You complain that you can only hit people for 20k with snipe from stealth... without realizing you can only hit someone hard with crystal frags also with another type of prereq.... Funnily enough one relies on RNG, the other doesn't... hmmm, but I'm sure you'll tell me one is better than the other.

Guess I'm the only one that finds your logic funny.
    Edited by Huntler on May 12, 2015 3:23PM
    Options