So about that Nirnhoned - Patch Notes v2.0.8

• Methuselah
    Methuselah
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes should read:

All Classes: Fixed an issue where some classes (notably Sorcerers) were still selecting Magicka as their primary resource. This has been addressed.

I used to like you agrippa.

Options
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess we've plenty of time before having to pull the sharpened trait weapons out again... Since they seem to take turns blowing through resists.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Methuselah wrote: »
    Patch notes should read:

All Classes: Fixed an issue where some classes (notably Sorcerers) were still selecting Magicka as their primary resource. This has been addressed.

I used to like you agrippa.

I joke, I joke. :)

Yeesh. :)
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya know..I'm running Magicka DK right now, and i'm not noticing a massive reduction in damage like most of you are going on about.

Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Ya know..I'm running Magicka DK right now, and i'm not noticing a massive reduction in damage like most of you are going on about.

*gasps*

*makes sign of the cross*
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*gasps*

Stamina DK is so boring to play, Magicka DK is amusing..i'm playing a Vampire as well..and know what i've noticed...It doesn't matter if you're a vampire or not in PVP..because every kills ya fast anyway

Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*gasps*

Stamina DK is so boring to play, Magicka DK is amusing..i'm playing a Vampire as well..and know what i've noticed...It doesn't matter if you're a vampire or not in PVP..because every kills ya fast anyway

You're right, it is.

Everytime I'm out and about on my DK, I'm going to myself: I could be a NB and do this better and have escape abilities.

I'll send you a PM. I'm trying to work out a magicka DK return in my head and could use some feedback.
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Day 406: still waiting for unbreakable stun fix.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    FMonk wrote: »
    ...instead of posting a screenshot of the one time they got hit by a 15k crystal frag and yelling "OMG NERF SORC".

That's my thinking, too. Every once in a while, I'd launch a fairly ludicrous fragment. I wasn't necessarily fishing for one, but stuff happens. It frequently occurred to me how unfair that might look on someone's death recap.

I'm glad to see it fixed.

Similar to how snipe looks on mine?
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gonna be waiting a long time until nirn is fixed -_- put on your skeleton costumes imo.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    All of last year was the year of the staff wielding bathrobe wearers, this year is gonna be all about the leather chaps wearing Wrecking blow spammers.

Hopefully next year it will be balanced and will update/nerf/fix in the favors of all classes.

Next year all of the PvPers will have been tired of waiting for Balance and be playing CU or something similar instead.

nah that game will be garbage
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    All of last year was the year of the staff wielding bathrobe wearers, this year is gonna be all about the leather chaps wearing Wrecking blow spammers.

Hopefully next year it will be balanced and will update/nerf/fix in the favors of all classes.

Next year all of the PvPers will have been tired of waiting for Balance and be playing CU or something similar instead.

nah that game will be garbage

You are aware of the state of the game you are currently playing right?
    Options
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    God I'm sick of magika users crying they are hard done by. Wear some god damn reinforced armour or stack some heavy armour. Your wearing bloody paper thin cloth. A huge hit from a 2h/bow/dw should knock you on your ass. Nirn is supposed to be a rare armour trait maybe they need to make it less accessible (lower the drop rate therefore increasing its cost)
    As for the fix, the proc was literally not working as intended. End rant.
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God I'm sick of magika users crying they are hard done by. Wear some god damn reinforced armour or stack some heavy armour. Your wearing bloody paper thin cloth. A huge hit from a 2h/bow/dw should knock you on your ass. Nirn is supposed to be a rare armour trait maybe they need to make it less accessible (lower the drop rate therefore increasing its cost)

And what should getting hit by a meteor do?
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT sorcs feeling what all other classes feel like
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard Beta1 was scheduled for August?

I totally want to play one of this little leprechaun dudes :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah realism... as my friend mano said why doesn't a meteor to the face not 1 hit you and all your friends? Why doesn't a fireball to the face melt you inside your heavy armor? Or why doesn't my electrical storm not turn you into a freaking christmas tree?

Its game balance friend. Why should stamina users get both superior damage to magicka and superior defenses? Good luck answering that one, I'd really enjoy seeing you try. Don't worry... I'll wait @saintmurray

tumblr_inline_nn8zh3RSjs1rat1by_500.gif
    Edited by Huntler on May 11, 2015 9:55PM
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

A lot better than that pipe dream you guys keep thinking will warp you back in time to DAOC.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The more I post here the more I find myself agreeing with you.

It started around the time we were talking about AOE caps in beta.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot better than that pipe dream you guys keep thinking will warp you back in time to DAOC.

Agree to disagree. At least one has hope and is a dream... this dream was DOA.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree to disagree. At least one has hope and is a dream... this dream was DOA.

I actually hope I am wrong, I just don't think I will be.

I've seen what they are pitching and it just seems like Project 1999 but with DAOC instead of EQ.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Point is there is always the next best game coming out. This game progressively got worse since launch and only shows signs of accelerating in that direction.

You can continue being a blind fan boy until your voice echoes alone in these forums if you'd like. I was a big fan boy myself and there is still much that I enjoy but you'd have to be blind to see anything other than a dying game right now.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Point is there is always the next best game coming out. This game progressively got worse since launch and only shows signs of accelerating in that direction.

You can continue being a blind fan boy until your voice echoes alone in these forums if you'd like. I was a big fan boy myself and there is still much that I enjoy but you'd have to be blind to see anything other than a dying game right now.

Take a peek at Crowfall, too. Has some really interesting ideas.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess they should just rename Cyrondil to Cyrondodgeroll.
    Options
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    @Huntler I have seen plenty of magika users who are as tanky as stamina users (shield stacking). Everything swings in round abouts. Up until 1.6 stamina wasn't even playable. Now its Fotm. I stack weapon damage and the best I can hit for out of stealth against a vamp in light armour is about 14k(snipe)+5k(camo hunter)+5k(light attack)+5k(poison injection). I have been hit equally as hard by lots of sorcs with crystal frags ani cancel light attack. Or templars spaming radiant.
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Huntler I have seen plenty of magika users who are as tanky as stamina users (shield stacking). Everything swings in round abouts. Up until 1.6 stamina wasn't even playable. Now its Fotm. I stack weapon damage and the best I can hit for out of stealth against a vamp in light armour is about 14k(snipe)+5k(camo hunter)+5k(light attack)+5k(poison injection). I have been hit equally as hard by lots of sorcs with crystal frags ani cancel light attack. Or templars spaming radiant.

Ah yes, because comparing an execute when in execute range or some bs excuse because you clearly don't understand animation cancelling is a totally fair comparison to your example of snipe.
    Edited by Huntler on May 11, 2015 10:20PM
    Options
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am i the only one happy about the ulti bug fix? I've been playing without ultimate for the past month :/
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

Options
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭

Ah yes, because comparing an execute when in execute range or some bs excuse because you clearly don't understand animation cancelling is a totally fair comparison to your example of snipe.

Didn't that get your kickers in a knot. Looks like all the magika users are still only seeing what they want to see.
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
    Options
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    good to see some sorc balancing

Of course i agree the stacking should be fixed.

The problem is Nirnhoned, it would take them NO TIME at all to make Nirnhoned like Reinforced but increase the Value say 10%...it would still be good, it just wouldn't be able to nerf all magic builds in the game.

this isn't about just Sorcs, ALL MAGIC BUILDS IN THE GAME ARE BEING MIFFED BECAUSE OF NIRNHONED

if they can fix Frag Proc(which im glad they did) they could adjust Nirnhoned to work like Reinforced for Spell Resist and increasing its value by a fair measure to make it still good but not useless. The fact an RNG based mechanic is more important to fix then something like Nirnhoned is troubling to me. :(

Right, internet guy. You obviously know how easy it is to adjust nirnhoned and if only those stupid developers would stop being lazy about it, clearly ignoring the issue on purpose, then we could all get on with our lives. Ya know, just move some numbers around and poof! Everything is better, because obviously none of the people getting paid to develop the game have thought about numbers.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

Options
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is trash hitting august palatine and I'm out
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
    Options