Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 5/8"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "ESO Live's Next Episode: 5/8."

Join us this Friday for a new episode of our biweekly livestream, featuring the debut of our Armchair Developer segment.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • yiunko
    yiunko
    ✭✭
    Any news/hints/spoilers on Update 7/Dlcs or when to expect it? Plz
    Edited by yiunko on May 8, 2015 7:26AM
  • Kristophskee
    Kristophskee
    ✭✭
    I don't have time to watch the twitch stream, is there an official ESO Youtube channel to watch what was missed?
    EU - Always Daggerfall Covenant
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Are we ever going to get PVP in the form of open world, justice system, structured and/or dueling?
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to change the scoring or mechanics of VDSA since the current meta for getting a leaderboard quality score seems to be solely about speed.

This has lead to most top groups ignoring almost all mechanics, and just stacking everything in a huge AOE spam! And with dps numbers as high as they are (13K+ as an argonian NB healer), the final boss fight has become laughable since you can burn him fast enough to cause him not to trigger fire phases.

Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi ZOS

-When could we expect Trial Set Pieces to gain some love. We need some change as the current best builds are made from PVP drops (i dont normal PVP so i would like similar options from PVE content)

-Also the next updates could bring a crafting endgame way of changing traits on armor and weapons since you work very hard and many time to complete a drop only to have it as well fited or sturdy

-And the milion dolar question when can we expect Imperial City and PVE DLC
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please touch on or show the radial text chat ideas for console.

There has been a lot of back and forth in the forums about adding a text chat box. I'd rather it not be on console but I am interested in the emote or radial text chat
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tuning in! I'm a little worried that most of the shows focus will be on building hype/promotion for the console release however.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Kristophskee. If you can't catch the show live, you can watch it on our YouTube page on Monday. If you want to watch it during the weekend, it'll be in the Past Broadcast section on our Twitch channel.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS Anything on Player Housing?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS, can we expect user interface QoL and general functionality additions, like some of those discussed in this thread below, and if so what ones may currently be under discussion or planned to be implemented in the near to mid future of those:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160517/user-interface-and-quality-of-life-problems-eso-2-0-is-good-lets-make-it-better
    ?

Looking forward to watching as always! These fixes and improvements discussed there encompass a lot, ranging from usability (mail reply, filtering inventory, text search without going through pages repeatedly even with addons on kiosks, better item filters on kiosks), to functionality (API improvements such as seeing incoming damage sources/abilities that hit you with addons, buff-debuff tracking options, guild tags (either overhead with nametags optionally, or at minimum one you can set to show on your character's nameplate when hovered over like you can set a title now (pick one), a minimap, etc.), and many more.

The general feeling I have found in the community, and even just when I go to bank in Shornhelm (Rivenspire, a mid level DC zone) is that the user interface very much is in need of more work. When I see someone ask a newer player type question in zone chat in Daggerfall City or Shornhelm, (and occasionally Wayrest if I go to get a pledge), 99% of the time the answer to someone's question is "You have to go download an addon" followed by "How do I install addons? Why can't I use an ingame option?" :(, and in some cases an addon doesn't exist due to API limitations for their needs.

I think it unfortunately does impact the new player experience and overall enjoyability, as well as quality, of the gameplay over the long haul as you both level up and start playing eventually at Veteran Rank 14 as so much critical gameplay and combat design info is locked away completely, or only discernable through thorough and careful experimentation while closely watching relatively restricted addon-provided data.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 8, 2015 3:53PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Any updates on when we can expect a barber shop, character editor, race change?
    2. Would you ever consider holding an event for fans and ZOS to interact, like a "ESOCON"
    3. Would you consider adding costumes that are based on the outfits from the ESO cinematic trailer? (Nord, Breton, Altmer characters).

Thank you
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    I see that the Armchair Developer is coming to this weeks ESO live! Woo!
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there any feedback on sorcerer class changes?

Also, are there any plans to change the werewolf so it is less of a requirement for the stamina regen passive and to make the transformation more viable in end game content?
    Edited by CP5 on May 8, 2015 4:35PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_GinaBruno,

Are there any plans by @ZOS to add in some of the features to the game that we have to use Addons for? With constant crashes that could be Addon related it would be awesome if we could get some changes to the game to reduce Addon dependency....

The main ones I would like to see added within Crafting and Guild Store searching are below.

AwesomeGuildStore
    ResearchBuddy2
    Merlin the Enchanter
    Potion Maker with an update to select x amount to make
    Sous Chef - Provisioning Helper with an option to select x amount to make

The things in these Addons are what most of us hoped would have been in the game from the start. They are all excellent Addons that help to make doing these things less of a chore. To have to continually go outside the game to find information on items were trying to make in the game is a little ridiculous. Take Enchanting for example, there are so many Glyphs that can be made yet NO in game reference to what all of them are. The Enchanting process itself has to have something to help identify what combinations of glyphs are required to make said glyph.

To not be able to search for an item by name in the guild store is a huge waste of time. Adding in these search features into the game is a win win for everyone. AwesomeGuildStore is an excellent resource for this and these functions could easily be added to the existing game code for guild store searching.

ResearchBuddy2 allows you to pull up a grid of all Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking and shows you all traits researched or not. It also has a function to show you what your currently researching for each area and how long is left on them. We shouldn't have to use a crafting station to know what traits we can/cannot make. That should be crafted knowledge and easily accessible from anywhere in the game.

When making large quantities of potions or provisioning you have to sit and hit R 100 times. This could easily be remedied by adding in a "craft X amount" function. Alchemy like Enchanting needs to have an in game resource to identify what items are required for x potion. Potion Maker is an excellent Addon for that and wouldn't be needed if this was already included in the game. Sous Chef shows you what recipes ingredients you pick up can be used for.

Thank you for your time.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The justice system needs a title as an award for selling 1,000,000 gold worth of stolen goods:)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems my fears were not warranted at all. Thank you for a great show last night ZOS. :smiley:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    The justice system needs a title as an award for selling 1,000,000 gold worth of stolen goods:)

This would be a nice addition. =/:D
  • Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    Can anyone give me a link to what was discussed please?

cant find it on google/utube
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sha_dow wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a link to what was discussed please?

cant find it on google/utube

it's in past broadcasts on their twitch
  • Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    @Jitterbug

So there is no written report on it ? most company post Transcripts

is there one for this please?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sha_dow wrote: »
    @Jitterbug

So there is no written report on it ? most company post Transcripts

is there one for this please?

Don't know tbh, I don't think so though.
  • AzubuFrosts
    Ill just leave this here, i dont think any1 should be able to solo sewer bosses
    https://youtu.be/HhV7KyPY-y8