The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

It is not fun when one faction has complete control of the map

• ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BL44ZR wrote: »
    The most fun I have had is when there are large armies from all three factions fighting over the same keep. A map completely dominated by one faction is soooo boring it is a waste of time going there.

It needs to change ASAP. History has shown over stretched empires are always weaker.

The Romans went broke trying to keep their Empire, so why not decreased AP yields and more expensive siege weaponry for whatever faction is dominating an entire campaign map. Qualifying factions would need a ridiculous point lead, all keeps and most resources for absurd lengths of time, etc.
    Then increased AP yields and cheaper siege weaponry for the other two factions, just like the barbarian hordes looting and ravaging Rome. Make it not just an uphill battle, but a mountain slope battle for a faction to hold an entire map.

Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Tripe
    Tripe
    ✭✭✭
    The Romans also kept slaves. When are we getting the slavery system?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally enjoy that Thornblade is dominated by EP. I can explore to my heart's content.
    :trollin:
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally enjoy that Thornblade is dominated by EP. I can explore to my heart's content.
    It gives lots of cheap AP since a lot of wandering EP tend to let their guard down -vs- a server with active warring.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The choice is clear. Gaining CP daily happens faster when you are outnumbered or on equal footing as a solo player. Kill quests take forever when you have your enemies camped at their gates. I can't imagine how these folks who are blob dominating are getting their CP and kill quests done. I mean once your alliance has taken the circle the only ap you're getting is from those enemy alliance who "stick it out" and that number dwindles daily I am sure.
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get better by being outnumbered constantly. I value my battle hardened warriors at 2:1 (minimum) vs people who have always ran with the advantage. It takes months of being smashed to be the smash-er.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NPK Daniel wrote: »
    You get better by being outnumbered constantly. I value my battle hardened warriors at 2:1 (minimum) vs people who have always ran with the advantage. It takes months of being smashed to be the smash-er.
    You get better, and learn new skills and to survive... but ultimately, it's discouraging and generates boredom beyond boredom. Okay, I got REALLY good on Thornblade, I'm #3 on the Leaderboards, but there's zero reason to even play on Thornblade because the population imbalance is so damn terrible.

It's either one of two things:
    1) You take a keep or resource... and nobody shows up (sometimes for hours)
    2) You take a keep or resource... and you end up getting an irrationally large response, and end up having 5:1 odds (or higher) and wipe instantly.

There's a few instances where a few stragglers will come and have a good time, but for the most part, EP has completely disregarded DC as a threat. Period. So we sit, twiddling our thumbs, bored as hell. There's rarely more than 4 people on willing to work together. Sometimes more, but... it's pretty damn hopeless.

I was trying to keep the flame alive and keep fighting on Thornblade, but I've just about given up the ghost.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the post above ^^^^

I agree I don't like it when my own faction does it, I watched them do it tonight, I waited around the other two factions offered little resistance, they did not gain any population, so I logged off and watched a movie, no matter who owns the entire map it makes for a boring pvp day, unless there is someone trying to take the map back, no ebb and flow to pvp, makes for a boring day on the battle field /sigh
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on May 8, 2015 12:25AM
  • Ezykil
    Ezykil
    ✭✭
    Just join a campaign that is well balanced...not a buff server (duh) lol
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    The Secret world does this too, gives you buffs you don't earn when someone from your Faction/alliance wins PvP. That was and is an irritation that I personally think should only effect people that have recently PvP'd.

My vr6 main has a *** load of PvP buffs just because I PvP's with some guildies two weeks ago. I can understand if I got the buffs from PvPing within the last 24 hours, but not two weeks ago.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    It gives lots of cheap AP since a lot of wandering EP tend to let their guard down -vs- a server with active warring.

You're funny ...other factions don't even count on Thorn ...and never did. EP Council runs them down every night.
    DC started using same strategy now and lately AD is only trying to take over keeps ALREADY UNDER ATTACK :smile:
    Cheap shot bananas! :smile: Map is changing on Thorn just bcs even council got BORED of farming you day after day and they play nights mostly just to have regular fun.
    On the other side congrats to DC guilds offering 'making you an emperor' for gold ...you discovered new 'LOW' :smile:
    Too bad we don't have one campaign exclusive for the ESO+ members ...would be fun
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was stuck on an enemy buff campaign for months. Due to the limited times I could play, I didn't see anyone from my own faction to go fight with and it was simply boring to play. I was riding for ages to get anywhere and low levelled toons alone are gank bait and unable to do anything but scout. There is so much about Cyrodil I think could be better, and the buff rewards for controlling the map are one of them. Buff campaigns are inevitable with a setup like this. Its as natural as zerging in a system designed for groups. Remove the buffs, and buff campaigns might disappear.

I'm on a competitive campaign now, and my word....it is so much more fun. :)
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way this will ever be fixed is if zenimax limits the number of people who can get on a campaign to the least common denominator.

They refuse to do it. Therefore "Working as intended, nothing to see here."
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    The only way this will ever be fixed is if zenimax limits the number of people who can get on a campaign to the least common denominator.

Well Brian wheeler did suggest this as one of the ideas to help the issue, but the community backlash to it was overwhelming negative, ZOS was not refusing to do it the player base was.. :(
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭

Well Brian wheeler did suggest this as one of the ideas to help the issue, but the community backlash to it was overwhelming negative, ZOS was not refusing to do it the player base was.. :(

That's true. Players hold ZOS from doing some positive things in many cases.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »

You're funny ...other factions don't even count on Thorn ...and never did. EP Council runs them down every night.
    DC started using same strategy now and lately AD is only trying to take over keeps ALREADY UNDER ATTACK :smile:
    Cheap shot bananas! :smile: Map is changing on Thorn just bcs even council got BORED of farming you day after day and they play nights mostly just to have regular fun.
    On the other side congrats to DC guilds offering 'making you an emperor' for gold ...you discovered new 'LOW' :smile:
    Too bad we don't have one campaign exclusive for the ESO+ members ...would be fun

Yep that is what happened last night.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about as that's not the case on DC Thornblade. We discovered a new low? Nobody has dreams of becoming Emp on Thornblade. We just want something to do.
    Edited by Preyfar on May 8, 2015 2:13PM
  • Tripe
    Tripe
    ✭✭✭

They have lowered cyrodiil population caps at least a couple of times. What is the least common denominator? I could argue, and probably demonstrate, that one raid from each faction is too many.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/game-guide/the-alliance-war
    "Featuring three-sided Player vs. Player (PvP) gameplay, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Seize, hold, and control the resources of massive strongholds.".....

"MASSIVE, EPIC BATTLES

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited features the largest PvP battles seen in a major online RPG. "

Take a look at the ESO PVP trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd4g1zQ8Q94

You're blaming the player base? Maybe this is the reason? If you're going to advertise your game as such, you should probably try to live up to it. The game doesn't even live up to that description as it is. If I were them, I would change it immediately. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

It has worked in the past. They broke it, not the community. Should they put a band-aid on it and limit the population to 24 per side? How boring would Cyrodil be? Cyrodiil is a big place and it just wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective.

I'm not arguing either way. It's their game, they should fix it, but would I or anyone else want to pvp in an expansive environment with sparse populations? I would imagine the answer is no.

Edited by Tripe on May 8, 2015 2:47PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tripe wrote: »
    "Featuring three-sided Player vs. Player (PvP) gameplay, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Seize, hold, and control the resources of massive strongholds.".....

"MASSIVE, EPIC BATTLES"
    But NOT on Thornblade!