The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

No difference between gold and purple jewerly enchants

Gargragrond
Gargragrond
✭✭✭
I replaced my purple feat cost reduction enchants with gold ones. Granted, I didn't expect too much difference due to way the cost reduction is calculated, but it seems that there's no difference at all. Ability that costs 2682 stamina with 3-purple (186 cost reduction enchants) costs exactly the same with 3 gold (200 cost reduction enchants) on the same jewelry. This is the tooltip value, but it does correspond the lost stamina when I actually use this ability so it's not purely an UI issue. That's 3 kutas I don't get back :(
  • Suntzu1414
    this was a change i noticed back 2.0.5.
    (prior to 2.0.5 the cost reduction was tiered)

They did the same with Magica.
    I've written 2 letters to ZOS regarding this bug, with NO REPLY.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't realized already, enchanting is a low priority for ZOS, especially when it comes to balance. Enchanting by far is the weakest crafting skill, and ironically the hardest one to level as well. For example, compare what you get for using gold enchants for your armor, to that of purple food (and consider the cost and ease of getting the resources as well). There isn't even a sound effect for applying the enchants to an item. Also add to the fact that the magnitude of enchants don't scale with anything at all (particularly for weapons) other than the level of the potency and quality of the aspect. This leads to amazing levels of dps in the 100's for purple quality, VR 10-14 enchants for weapons.
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting has turned out to be a rather large disappointment in this game compared to other TES games. :( I took it as my first skill on my main when the game launched with high hopes. Boo.
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This the FOURTH thread I've seen that mentioned this bug with no reply from ZoS.

What's going on?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »
    If you haven't realized already, enchanting is a low priority for ZOS. There isn't even a sound effect for applying the enchants to an item.

I always double and triple check to make sure the item has in fact been enchanted.

They had to cut corners somewhere; the budget for the game ran over, and something had to go. Nixing the Enchantment sound: save $7.50. Bean-counter who came up with this idea's subsequent salary raise amount: $10k. Ah, efficiency.

• Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Elder Scrolls Online!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This the FOURTH thread I've seen that mentioned this bug with no reply from ZoS.

What's going on?

There have been other threads, but ZO$ did respond to at least one of them. Appears there are several enchanting bugs. In one, there is no difference in value from glyphs of the next highest quality. In another, the glyphs give 0 value improvement.
    If you spot one, do a /bug. If you're buying glyphs to use, not decon, inspect CLOSELY before you buy. Finally, when you enchant, you can compare the before and after values if you mouse over the items at the bottom of the dialog box where the big arrow is located. I would cancel the enchant if the new value does not show an improvement, especially in the case of epic or legendary gllyphs.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Sit tight--working on getting some info on this.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    I replaced my purple feat cost reduction enchants with gold ones. Granted, I didn't expect too much difference due to way the cost reduction is calculated, but it seems that there's no difference at all. Ability that costs 2682 stamina with 3-purple (186 cost reduction enchants) costs exactly the same with 3 gold (200 cost reduction enchants) on the same jewelry. This is the tooltip value, but it does correspond the lost stamina when I actually use this ability so it's not purely an UI issue. That's 3 kutas I don't get back :(

I think you meant to say no difference between Gold and WHITE quality glyph on jewelry
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a quick look at a related enchantment type issue as well =) ?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157925/
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Community Manager

Hmm...that one is much trickier as it involves something that is no longer in the game. What Support told you may be correct, but we'll double check.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hmm...that one is much trickier as it involves something that is no longer in the game. What Support told you may be correct, but we'll double check.

Thanks... and yeah, my bet would be on that, but it would be great to have an answer. Given it's not an issue that affects any real number of players, while I'd be thrilled to see a patch fixing it, I wouldn't really disagree with someone deciding it wasn't worth the dev time, either :p.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Community Manager
    We've reproduced and figured out the issue, thanks all. Next step is working on a fix.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Could you pass along that Reduce stamina cost enchantment is broken to hell!? Gold Monumental glyph actually gives only 131 stamina reduction when it should give 200. Even white enchantment have higher value in tooltip(156)!

I'm not even getting value of purple enchantment nor white and not even Splendid level white glyph value!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Ygaer
    Ygaer
    Lettigall wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Could you pass along that Reduce stamina cost enchantment is broken to hell!? Gold Monumental glyph actually gives only 131 stamina reduction when it should give 200. Even white enchantment have higher value in tooltip(156)!

I'm not even getting value of purple enchantment nor white and not even Splendid level white glyph value!

That's not the same issue, you're losing part of the cost reduction to the flat percentage reduction bonuses you already have from the armor passive/cp.

Ygaer Meister - AD
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ygaer wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

That's not the same issue, you're losing part of the cost reduction to the flat percentage reduction bonuses you already have from the armor passive/cp.

I have only passive from 5 medium pieces- 15% accessories with monumental golden reduction and 6.7% from CS warlord. I heard rumors that there are around 12% penalty to all reductions except from CS but haven't heard any confirm from ZOS.

I'm getting 34.75% penalty from jewelry enhancement, 400 or 261 is a huge difference.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I have only passive from 5 medium pieces- 15% accessories with monumental golden reduction and 6.7% from CS warlord. I heard rumors that there are around 12% penalty to all reductions except from CS but haven't heard any confirm from ZOS.

You also have cost reduction from passives in weapon line. 2h weapon is 20% cost reduction, in addition to the 15% from armor, that's 200- 35% = 130
    Edited by Sharee on April 30, 2015 5:44AM
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

You also have cost reduction from passives in weapon line. 2h weapon is 20% cost reduction, in addition to the 15% from armor, that's 200- 35% = 130

Damn forgot about that... New formula is hard kick in the nuts for reduction enchantments...

Thanx for clearing that out!
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    The issue related to reduction glyphs not providing their correct ammount of reduction is something I reported during update 6 PTS and it's related to passive skills, sets and CP.
    So, if you have cost reductions also from an armor set like Seducer, passive skills, racial skills, etc. the reduction is a lot less.
    This is how it works.

Here you can read the thread about this matter during PTS of update 6 with also additional info.
    Edited by Helluin on April 30, 2015 1:40PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    also weapon enchants to increase power is bugged. it does not work on dualweild.. refuses to proc. also for the trait infused it bugs out and give way more then intended and also the tool tip is broken. i taken a pitcure below.
    http://imgur.com/kSfojun
    Edited by capcody on April 30, 2015 10:06PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent my evening doing a load of calculations and you can see the results in this thread on the General Discussion forum, and on the linked Google spreadsheet. You should probably read the post before going to the spreadsheet since the post has all my Conclusions in it. Enjoy :).
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to this it seems that the "Shield-Play" enchant is bugged or has a relatively low cost reduction hard cap. There is no difference between having 3 green bash cost reduction enchanments or 3 purple ones. Can we get some insight into this @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    Edited by LtCrunch on May 4, 2015 12:23PM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16