The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get past login screen - "ESO has stopped working" EVERYTIME. Anyone else having this?

Arunei
Arunei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Before the most recent patch I was having no issue getting logged in. When I tried to login the first time after the patch was installed, I got an infinite load screen. As I always have to do after a patch, I ran a repair.

Now every time I log in, ESO freezes about 2-3 seconds later and I get the "ESO has stopped working" notification. I've tried closing the launcher and opening it back up, I've run two repairs now, but nothing is working. Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, have you managed to get it taken care of?

Why is it patches seem to break more than they fix? =/

EDIT: Well, as soon as I posted this, I managed to make it past the point I was crashing at before. Sadly, I'm now back to having infinite load screens. Can't win for losing, bah.
Edited by Arunei on March 23, 2015 7:31PM
Character List [RP and PvE]:
Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried repairing the launcher?
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @phairdon I've repaired the client if that's what you mean; I'm not sure if there's a way to repair the Launcher itself. Either way it's working now, but I'd still like to know if anyone else keeps having these issues after every patch.
    Edited by Arunei on March 24, 2015 2:31AM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did have issues with the game crashing after 1.6 (ESO has stopped working). Not sure what exactly happened as my game went from playable for 4 days to unplayable, as in CTD after launching. Ran a repair & the game downloaded more files. Somehow my game had rolled back.
    The launcher is the shortcut, if you look under game options on it, you can repair (which you probably know).
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Try deleting all your add ons
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    After updates I often had my video settings reset on my old video card, which set the settings to a too high level, which always causes me loooooong loading screen times.

To fix that on the login screen, I always checked to see if my video settings had been reset and changed them back to an optimal level before i log in.
    That might be your problem.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't have to delete addons but you should probably deactivate them. Whenever I have login or issues with crashing it's almost always an addon that is the culprit.

Deactivate addons then reactivate a few at a time to determine the bad apple. Then keep that one deactivated until there is an update for it.

Additionally, if you are not already, use a program like Minion as a mod manager. It will make your life and ESO experience so much better because it takes care of keeping the mods updated.