The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sent item via COD, then player blocked me

ItsRejectz
ItsRejectz
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I was hoping for some help, as im unsure what to do. Yesterday i sold an item to a player, i sent it via COD with a COD fee of 105k which we agreed on. When he received the mail, i think he blocked me. Because i tried to ask him if he received the in game mail and it said his character could not be found.
What will happen with my item now? Will it come back to me or is it lost? I am just a little worried, as i dont have much money as it is in game and these are selling for a lot at the moment.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but i wasnt sure exactly where to post it.
I have a picture of the conversation to which also has his name, so i wont post it here because of te name and shame rule

Thanks
Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He could have just logged off. Thats what I think happened atleast. At the very worst, you will have the mail, with the item, returned to you when it expires.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Mood
    Mood
    ✭✭
    It shouldn't matter if he blocked you after you sent the mail.

If he doesn't pay the C.O.D. fee within 30 days, the mail will be returned to you with the item.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS needs to update a message to let you know specifically when you've been blocked. That way if you message someone a pop up comes up and says so. If I remember correctly, I don't think you will see anything when your blocked. The message you received is specifically given when someone is logged off or possibly wayshrine traveling.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mood wrote: »

If he doesn't pay the C.O.D. fee within 30 days, the mail will be returned to you with the item.

30 days? That's a really long time, should be more like 3 days or something

• Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    ItsRejectz wrote: »

For COD mail, I tend to agree with you. You could grief someone by saying "COD it to me" and then let it sit in your mailbox for 30 days, at which point the item may no longer hold its value.
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    ItsRejectz wrote: »

For COD mail, I tend to agree with you. You could grief someone by saying "COD it to me" and then let it sit in your mailbox for 30 days, at which point the item may no longer hold its value.

I think that is what has happened. it's been 3 days since i sent him the COD and he still has not paid or sent it back :(

• Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    Actually C.O.D mail is supposed to be returned after 3 days. Give or take a day, we all know mails are quite unreliable in general
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.