Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Many Times A Day Do You Get The Loading Screen At Random

• MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »
    Dixa wrote: »
    never. look to your rig.

please enlighten us with a technical explanation of how my i7, gtx580, ssd storage, all drivers updated rig is the reason for daily bugs in this game. Yesterday I crashed at least 30 times, and I get random loading screens aswell (often infinite ones that require me to terminate the process).

Tell me, is my rig responsible for me logging in finding myself dead next to the Mournhold wayshrine aswell? (happend yesterday)

I've worked with computers for years, but maybe you can teach me something new,

or is it just a clueless assumption?

Within 19 years of gaming, ESO is the most buggy experience I've encountered I'm afraid. Theres not enough space on forums to write down all the bugs I encounter. Still love the game..

Because your OS is more to blame than your hardware. Why do people always point to the hands when the tools are broken?

Your OS is almost certainly the reason you're having issues.

Oh, my OS is broken now... thats not an assumption is it? dear god how can you even put "almost certainly" in that sentence.

It's what we call deductive reasoning. You should try it sometime. You yourself are certain it isn't your hardware. All that's left is what interfaces with the game 99% of the time, your OS.

Additionally, the only place I've ever seen people complain about the crashes in this game are here on these forums. I myself have never crashed, have 4 friends who play this game and have never crashed, have never witnessed anyone complaining about it in zone or guild chat.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just this: just because it's happening to you doesn't make it the game. It's more likely it's your rig (not just hardware, but operating system as well).

Maybe I shouldave clarified. I seemingly have to. Especially since you act like an expert. I've worked with computers for years fixing computers for others involving technical issues with both hardware and software. Including games, viruses, broken hardware, software clean-up, dust cleaning, and everything people needed. My job involved fixing at least 6 computers a day and make them run smoothly. That's well over 2000 computers in my hands in a year.

Tell me, what is wrong with my OS, technically speaking? You don't have to be accurate at all, just give me some examples. It'll be interesting to hear.

you aswell @Kalghed , gimme words of expertise

Yes, running free-to-download virus scanners and defragmentation tools for years makes you an expert. I just went to school to be a software engineer. What do I know?

Have you considered broken/missing registry keys? Drivers for your HD/SSD? Other programs running with memory leaks that cause a shortage? Permissions of the directory where you're installing?

It's a little hard to make specific suggestions when all you've done is list the series your CPU is in (no generation or specifics mentioned), the model of your GPU (make is still missing), and the fact that you have an SSD. I know it seems trivial, but I often don't believe people when they say "all drivers updated", because that usually just means "I installed the GPU driver".
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    People don't seem to grasp that if it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't mean other computer setups aren't struggling with this broken game.
    Exactly. And I said that in my comment.

But this is also true:
    just because it's happening to you doesn't make it the game.

You have to eliminate the possibilities. Sometimes, it is very difficult to eliminate possibilities. The point is, it works almost perfectly for some people, and others have no end to the problems they experience. There is obviously something different in the setup of those two situations, be it the person's machine or something else. You can't place blame until you eliminate enough possibilities.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    You need a choice for <1, as that is my actual rate
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    never. look to your rig.

please enlighten us with a technical explanation of how my i7, gtx580, ssd storage, all drivers updated rig is the reason for daily bugs in this game. Yesterday I crashed at least 30 times, and I get random loading screens aswell (often infinite ones that require me to terminate the process).

Tell me, is my rig responsible for me logging in finding myself dead next to the Mournhold wayshrine aswell? (happend yesterday)

Within 19 years of gaming, ESO is the most buggy experience I've encountered I'm afraid. Theres not enough space on forums to write down all the bugs I encounter. Still love the game..

Turning that around, can you explain why a Core 2 Quad GTX 660 1GB HD and an i7 GTX 660 SSD have seen a random loading screen fewer than 5 times, total, in the last year? Random crashes at the same level of frequency. The first system is Holy, no overclocking. The second system has the CPU overclocked but not the GPU.

For me, this is close enough to zero to not matter.

I am not saying that it is not ESO, but I also cannot rule out other things.

I totally agree certain bugs might come from compatibility problems with hardware or software. What I don't agree on is "look to your rig" comments. That's why I wanted him to explain to me why he was posting it.

There are some bugs you can be almost certain of is not related to hardware and software. Like when I walk around in Mournhold or Craglorn and crash in the same area every time, doing nothing but pressing the W key. It doesn't happen in Glenumbra or any other place. Or when I get infinite loading screens on every door in Blackheart Haven, but I never get it in any other dungeons?

Usually, when the computer is the problem, theres not a clear pattern to it. I'm not saying it always has to be like this, but the crashes are usually more random.

And, ESO is doing something wrong if you crash or get bugs more often using a mid-end computer. Even though you run 30 fps you shouldn't expect to have all these issues?
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

Turning that around, can you explain why a Core 2 Quad GTX 660 1GB HD and an i7 GTX 660 SSD have seen a random loading screen fewer than 5 times, total, in the last year? Random crashes at the same level of frequency. The first system is Holy, no overclocking. The second system has the CPU overclocked but not the GPU.

For me, this is close enough to zero to not matter.

I am not saying that it is not ESO, but I also cannot rule out other things.
    There are some bugs you can be almost certain of is not related to hardware and software. Like when I walk around in Mournhold or Craglorn and crash in the same area every time, doing nothing but pressing the W key. It doesn't happen in Glenumbra or any other place. Or when I get infinite loading screens on every door in Blackheart Haven, but I never get it in any other dungeons?

Something like this, something that's repeatable, sounds like an issue with the client. However, if others aren't having this same exact issue, then it's a localized instance. I would tell you to try repairing/reinstalling, but I'm sure you've done both of those already.
  • Kalghed
    Kalghed
    LEGENDARYYY, I would be more than willing to help you find out what going on. If you would like to PM me we can do it there. Just send me your PC hardware setup and diver versions. Also a list of all of the software you have installed on it and we can go from there. Or you can post it in this thread, which ever you prefer. In the software list also include .net frameworks that are installed. We'll get it figured out. I can understand how much of a pain it must be to deal with this while all you wanna do is play. :).
    Kalghed
    PC Server - NA
    AD
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

the gtx580 is a 4 year old video card. video cards crap out quickly due to the heat they spit out, and die even faster if you were silly and invested in water cooing for that card as an after-thought and did not install it properly.

what i7? at the time of the gtx580 (2011 btw), it was the 2600 series. that would put you almost 4 generations behind in cpu

SSD is great and all, but an SSD will not cure problems you have elsewhere.

i played this game 3 months last year on a garbage alienware x51 system that looks like a console. i7 4700 haswell, gtx 670 oem. 16gb ram. 2tb 6gb/s good 'ol platter drive as I am not a fan of the finite lifespans of SSD's. never had a loading screen.

replaced that piece of junk which had terrible, terrible heat management issues with a new rig. yep. overpaid again for my alienware area 51 with 5980 haswell i7, gtx titan z 6gb card, 32gb ram (for photoshop and premiere mostly) and another 2 tb 6gb/s HDD. well..given how much my time is worth per hour, it was actually cheaper for me to buy this system than to build yet another rig. i'm getting old and have little to no patience for that nonsense anymore.

still no random loading screens.

I have had the client straight up puke on me in heavily crowded cities - crashing a total of 3 times in the last 6 weeks. Diagnostics didn't point to hardware (the most common culprit being a dead memory stick) so i just repaired and moved on.

i got the infinite loading screen once a few weeks ago, at the same time everyone else was. that was a server side issue.

if this is the buggiest game you have played in the last 19 years, you must have skipped all of the other elder scrolls titles entirely. or star wars galaxies at launch. or battlecruiser 3000. google that last one for lots of laughs.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    You all Zerg too much.

ESO doesn't like overclocks.

Finding your character dead next to a wayshrine is what the game does, you were still online when the game crashed and you were killed so it puts you to the nearest, safest, accessible again place. I don't think the game crashing is a bug, it just doesn't agree with what your PC is trying to make it do.

if you are overclocking, you had better be replacing your stuff yearly, not using a 4 year old card.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    never. look to your rig.

Because your OS is more to blame than your hardware. Why do people always point to the hands when the tools are broken?

Oh, my OS is broken now... thats not an assumption is it? dear god how can you even put "almost certainly" in that sentence.

It's what we call deductive reasoning. You should try it sometime. You yourself are certain it isn't your hardware. All that's left is what interfaces with the game 99% of the time, your OS.

Additionally, the only place I've ever seen people complain about the crashes in this game are here on these forums. I myself have never crashed, have 4 friends who play this game and have never crashed, have never witnessed anyone complaining about it in zone or guild chat.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just this: just because it's happening to you doesn't make it the game. It's more likely it's your rig (not just hardware, but operating system as well).

Maybe I shouldave clarified. I seemingly have to. Especially since you act like an expert. I've worked with computers for years fixing computers for others involving technical issues with both hardware and software. Including games, viruses, broken hardware, software clean-up, dust cleaning, and everything people needed. My job involved fixing at least 6 computers a day and make them run smoothly. That's well over 2000 computers in my hands in a year.

Tell me, what is wrong with my OS, technically speaking? You don't have to be accurate at all, just give me some examples. It'll be interesting to hear.

Yes, running free-to-download virus scanners and defragmentation tools for years makes you an expert. I just went to school to be a software engineer. What do I know?

Have you considered broken/missing registry keys? Drivers for your HD/SSD? Other programs running with memory leaks that cause a shortage? Permissions of the directory where you're installing?

It's a little hard to make specific suggestions when all you've done is list the series your CPU is in (no generation or specifics mentioned), the model of your GPU (make is still missing), and the fact that you have an SSD. I know it seems trivial, but I often don't believe people when they say "all drivers updated", because that usually just means "I installed the GPU driver".

Man I don't want a pissing contest here. I'm not gonna fight back and tell you I knew of registry keys, memory leaks and permissions when I was 8 years old and that you should probably go back to school when you claim bugs in ESO are "almost certainly" OS related. I'm almost certain you can't be certain of that...
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

• Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

Man I don't want a pissing contest here. I'm not gonna fight back and tell you I knew of registry keys, memory leaks and permissions when I was 8 years old and that you should probably go back to school when you claim bugs in ESO are "almost certainly" OS related. I'm almost certain you can't be certain of that...

bugs exist, but crashing with the frequency you claim IF this continued after a fresh install - it's time to look elsewhere.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    never. look to your rig.

the gtx580 is a 4 year old video card. video cards crap out quickly due to the heat they spit out, and die even faster if you were silly and invested in water cooing for that card as an after-thought and did not install it properly.

what i7? at the time of the gtx580 (2011 btw), it was the 2600 series. that would put you almost 4 generations behind in cpu

SSD is great and all, but an SSD will not cure problems you have elsewhere.

i played this game 3 months last year on a garbage alienware x51 system that looks like a console. i7 4700 haswell, gtx 670 oem. 16gb ram. 2tb 6gb/s good 'ol platter drive as I am not a fan of the finite lifespans of SSD's. never had a loading screen.

replaced that piece of junk which had terrible, terrible heat management issues with a new rig. yep. overpaid again for my alienware area 51 with 5980 haswell i7, gtx titan z 6gb card, 32gb ram (for photoshop and premiere mostly) and another 2 tb 6gb/s HDD. well..given how much my time is worth per hour, it was actually cheaper for me to buy this system than to build yet another rig. i'm getting old and have little to no patience for that nonsense anymore.

still no random loading screens.

I have had the client straight up puke on me in heavily crowded cities - crashing a total of 3 times in the last 6 weeks. Diagnostics didn't point to hardware (the most common culprit being a dead memory stick) so i just repaired and moved on.

i got the infinite loading screen once a few weeks ago, at the same time everyone else was. that was a server side issue.

if this is the buggiest game you have played in the last 19 years, you must have skipped all of the other elder scrolls titles entirely. or star wars galaxies at launch. or battlecruiser 3000. google that last one for lots of laughs.

Yes, my hardware is old. I wrote my specs because they should run the game just fine. And they do, with an average of 60 fps on ultra settings, when I don't crash.

Yes, it's an i7 2600K, running 40 degrees celcius no OC

But, should outdated specs cause the game to crash 30 times a day? No.

CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    never. look to your rig.

bugs exist, but crashing with the frequency you claim IF this continued after a fresh install - it's time to look elsewhere.

I did have several bugs before, but the crashes started with update 1.6. The same crashes every time. How can that not be the games fault? Every logical explanation to me says it's ESO.
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• granty2008cyb16_ESO
    4 or 5
    never. look to your rig.

8core liquid colled pc wir sapphire r9 290x 28gig of ram dont think its my pc somehow

:)

Meh!
  • granty2008cyb16_ESO
    4 or 5
    101m.jpg

8core liquid colled pc with sapphire r9 290x 28gig of ram dont think its my pc
    Meh!
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    I voted 1-2 but honestly, I see it far less than once per day. I generally only log in once per day, and get a lag maybe, MAYBE once per week. You should have had that as an option, it's not fair not to.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    Just sometimes if i travel to elden root
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    never. look to your rig.

How much RAM do you have? What are your virtual memory settings and how full is your hard drive? If you have your virtual memory set to an amount that is close to, or less than the amount of available space on your hard drive, you will see crashes. Likewise, if you only have like 2GB RAM, no matter how good your Video Card and CPU are, you're going to be topping out and most likely crashing.
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the time
    Typically I only get the loading screen if I move too fast throughout the world. Basically if I sprint or walk in a straight line consistently for too long. I also have an issue with textures, NPCs, monsters and pieces of buildings (such as doors!) not loading immediately. Sometimes I'll have to simply wait for a good minute or two for certain architecture to load within cities and I often get attacked by invisible monsters as well. This is actually the main reason I'm switching to the console version, to avoid issues like this.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

"I'm not gonna fight back..."

*Proceeds to fight back*

Look, I really could not care less. You've pissed on everyone here that's tried to give you advice by acting superior to them. It's at this point that I sit back and watch you make a fool of yourself.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    jkemmery wrote: »
    never. look to your rig.

How much RAM do you have? What are your virtual memory settings and how full is your hard drive? If you have your virtual memory set to an amount that is close to, or less than the amount of available space on your hard drive, you will see crashes. Likewise, if you only have like 2GB RAM, no matter how good your Video Card and CPU are, you're going to be topping out and most likely crashing.

8 GB ram, more then enough to run memory eating ESO. Virtual Memory is set to standard windows settings, haven't touched it. I have 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs, none filled. Should be enough for automatic Virtual Memory settings to work with if ever needed.

you mean virtual memory amount set to higher then free storage space may cause problems right?
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 or 2
    Funny thing......

If I don't go to Rawl'kha, I don't see random loading screens.....

If I wayshrine into VR5 Rawl'kha, maybe 5% of the time as I walk forward, I get a random loading screen, walk a few more steps forward get another, then everything is fine again.....

Such is the weirdness of ESO :p
    Edited by freespirit on April 30, 2015 4:36PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    never. look to your rig.

"I'm not gonna fight back..."

*Proceeds to fight back*

Look, I really could not care less. You've pissed on everyone here that's tried to give you advice by acting superior to them. It's at this point that I sit back and watch you make a fool of yourself.

advice? you were the one acting like an expert when I challenged the "look to your rig" guy.

"It's what we call deductive reasoning, you should try it sometime"

You must admit that is not an advice..
    Edited by LEGENDARYYY on April 30, 2015 4:39PM
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 or 3
    never. look to your rig.

8 GB ram, more then enough to run memory eating ESO. Virtual Memory is set to standard windows settings, haven't touched it. I have 2 SSDs and 2 HDDs, none filled. Should be enough for automatic Virtual Memory settings to work with if ever needed.

you mean virtual memory amount set to higher then free storage space may cause problems right?

Which SSD are you using? I'm running a Samsung 840 Pro with the Samsung Magician program to handle OS settings/adjustments with the SSD. Do you have any form of manufacturer tools/programs installed to assist with something like this?
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2

Yes, that's what I meant. Good catch.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    gamers should replace video cards every two years at a minimum. that 2600 is going to throttle anything newer than a 680 though

my streaming rig is an i7 2600 with a gtx 680 and 16gb ram. runs this game at an unacceptable to me framerate on ultra, but also does not give random loading screens. only my laptop does that.

replace your 4 year old card. you know that card has a substantial power draw and heat output compared to everything that has come out after, right? hell going from a 590 to 680 i saw no change in performance, but my power draw was cut by over two thirds.

windows 8 introduced many new memory management features specific to gaming that make that os just trump everything right now - gaming wise.

if you are getting a constant, random loading screen and constant crashes after a fresh, clean install of the game you MUST look to your rig. many of us are not having these issues.
    Edited by Dixa on April 30, 2015 4:58PM
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    gamers should replace video cards every two years at a minimum. that 2600 is going to throttle anything newer than a 680 though

my streaming rig is an i7 2600 with a gtx 680 and 16gb ram. runs this game at an unacceptable to me framerate on ultra, but also does not give random loading screens. only my laptop does that.

replace your 4 year old card. you know that card has a substantial power draw and heat output compared to everything that has come out after, right? hell going from a 590 to 680 i saw no change in performance, but my power draw was cut by over two thirds.

windows 8 introduced many new memory management features specific to gaming that make that os just trump everything right now - gaming wise.

if you are getting a constant, random loading screen and constant crashes after a fresh, clean install of the game you MUST look to your rig. many of us are not having these issues.

I used to buy me both a new laptop and a new computer every year earlier. When I had a job. Now I study and I can't afford it.

I look at my rig all the time man. As soon as a problem shows up I research it. Few months ago I started getting daily BSODs. Tore apart my computer to fix it. Problem is, the crashes and bugs I experience now doesn't seem related to hardware or software. I have nothing running in the background as I clear msconfig every time I install something. I run CCleaner weekly. I flashed my BIOS few weeks ago. I installed tools for my SSD, I defragmented my HDD's with defraggler (not SSD because you shouldnt). I do everything I can imagine to keep my computer ok but it doesn't make a difference.

edit: I'm not gonna replace any parts in this computer, would be a waste like you said.
    Edited by LEGENDARYYY on April 30, 2015 5:06PM
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it seems trivial, but I often don't believe people when they say "all drivers updated", because that usually just means "I installed the GPU driver".

My all-time favourite phrase is "I know it isn't my computer because I built it myself"!

But you're right. How many people have up-to-date sound drivers? How many people with dozens of mouse buttons (ok I exaggerate, but you know what I mean) bothered to install the manufacturer's mouse drivers and simply accepted the ones Windows automatically installed? How many people have checked their motherboard manufacturer's website recently for a possible BIOS update? How many people who say they have the latest graphics drivers are running beta drivers? How many people mention their gaming keyboard with extra macro buttons and other unconventional specifications when listing their system specs (and when did they last check for driver updates for that keyboard)? How many people reporting slowdowns and freezes are using wifi modem, mouse and keyboard (and televisions, smartphones, tablets and other such wifi equipment throughout the house)? How many people are aware of which Windows updates are documented as causing stability problems in recent months and have all updates on "automatic install"? These things don't need sorting when everything is running well, but when there are problems they should be checked out.
    Edited by Tandor on April 30, 2015 7:41PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 or 3
    nastuug wrote: »
    never. look to your rig.

Which SSD are you using? I'm running a Samsung 840 Pro with the Samsung Magician program to handle OS settings/adjustments with the SSD. Do you have any form of manufacturer tools/programs installed to assist with something like this?

@LEGENDARYYY - Have you had time to review my post from earlier?
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there should be a random cause some days I get none and others it can be 10+
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    all the time
    More times than I can count per day, including at least 1 or 2 that are the dreaded infinite loading screen. My issue is that I have a really lousy ISP...but it is the only available in this area, so I just gotta smile through it.