The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Many Times A Day Do You Get The Loading Screen At Random

granty2008cyb16_ESO
How Many Times A Day Do You Get The Loading Screen At Random, i seem to find anytime i go to Deshan i get it and now seem to be getting it when doing main quest. wasn't this meant to be fixed ?
Edited by granty2008cyb16_ESO on April 30, 2015 11:59AM
Meh!

How Many Times A Day Do You Get The Loading Screen At Random 69 votes

1 or 2
43%
cozmon3c_ESORazzPitazzWolfaenIllumousCallunacavakthestampedeRhakonfreespiritdjyrbMoonscytheBuggeXHeruthemaArcanusMagusRealRobDIluvrienZingyDevoteestabbykittehwrlifeboilRobotmafiaistateres 30 votes
2 or 3
18%
djnapstyb14_ESOBigMpechecklerNebthet78SylvyrZershar_VemodExportstarlizard70ub17_ESOOurorboroshehektaDerraSnoopsynastuug 13 votes
3 or 4
13%
wenchmore420b14_ESOberlinsquirrelb16_ESOMoonshadow66carlos.trevisan.contatonrb19_ESOHuxley12345SticklebackLEGENDARYYYMaudieuValymer 9 votes
4 or 5
7%
granty2008cyb16_ESOAlienSlofBillyMailmankimbohMarRyb 5 votes
all the time
5%
EJRose83LawfulEvilstojekarcub18_ESOHeromofo 4 votes
more than 10 a day
11%
DobbaDeucebloodenragedb14_ESOSigunosleepbucketgman092803ub17_ESOelias.stormneb18_ESOGhostShadowsserenenightmare 8 votes
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    They said before, I think it was in a livestream, that this is to keep you from running into things not properly loaded yet, and to keep you from having issues like falling throughout the world.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • ben_ESO5
    ben_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    No option for < 1. It's extremely rare for me to get a random loading screen. It's happened, yes, but much, much less than once a day.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No option for never.
  • Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing option - twice since launch, each time it was a split-second event.
    Edited by Tandor on April 30, 2015 12:58PM
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it once in the past month.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where's the option for 0? Well, not exactly 0, but way less than 1.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    DezIsDead wrote: »
    They said before, I think it was in a livestream, that this is to keep you from running into things not properly loaded yet, and to keep you from having issues like falling throughout the world.

With my new PC, there are definitely lots of days I do not get any at all. The above statement is correct. As a player since launch (with a terrible laptop at that time) I would get stuck under stairs and fall through the world quite often. This was due to my laptop not actually loading the world quick enough... I could walk where the stairs should be.. then all of a sudden they would load and I'd be trapped. Once they added random loading screens.. I would get random loading screens a lot.. but I didn't get trapped or fall through the world anymore.

I got a better PC and BOOM.. almost no random loading screens. As I mentioned, I wish there was an option for less than 1 a day, as I don't even get it every day.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    I rarely get random loading screens and if I do they last 1-3 seconds max... and its been like this since launch..
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Haqikah
    Haqikah
    ✭✭✭
    never
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For about a week, now, I haven't had any. Before that, I had maybe 1-2 per day as an average average, on some days it was worse (3-5), on other days I had zero.
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen a random one. Only time I get a loading screen is when I enter a building, change zones, or teleport which is expected.
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    Dixa wrote: »
    never. look to your rig.

please enlighten us with a technical explanation of how my i7, gtx580, ssd storage, all drivers updated rig is the reason for daily bugs in this game. Yesterday I crashed at least 30 times, and I get random loading screens aswell (often infinite ones that require me to terminate the process).

Tell me, is my rig responsible for me logging in finding myself dead next to the Mournhold wayshrine aswell? (happend yesterday)

I've worked with computers for years, but maybe you can teach me something new,

or is it just a clueless assumption?

Within 19 years of gaming, ESO is the most buggy experience I've encountered I'm afraid. Theres not enough space on forums to write down all the bugs I encounter. Still love the game..
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

please enlighten us with a technical explanation of how my i7, gtx580, ssd storage, all drivers updated rig is the reason for daily bugs in this game. Yesterday I crashed at least 30 times, and I get random loading screens aswell (often infinite ones that require me to terminate the process).

Tell me, is my rig responsible for me logging in finding myself dead next to the Mournhold wayshrine aswell? (happend yesterday)

Within 19 years of gaming, ESO is the most buggy experience I've encountered I'm afraid. Theres not enough space on forums to write down all the bugs I encounter. Still love the game..
    Is it possible you have buggy add-ons or a corrupt client installation?

I'm running the game with no add-ons on a gaming rig I built at least a few years ago, and I haven't seen random load screens or any of the bugs you mention. Not saying they don't exist, just that you should try to eliminate all possibilities before placing blame on the game. I could be just lucky. :)
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

Because your OS is more to blame than your hardware. Why do people always point to the hands when the tools are broken?

Your OS is almost certainly the reason you're having issues.
    Edited by MCMancub on April 30, 2015 2:28PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2
    ben_ESO5 wrote: »
    No option for < 1. It's extremely rare for me to get a random loading screen. It's happened, yes, but much, much less than once a day.

This one, picked the best out of a really sad selection.

Poll should have had 0 or few and far between.
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 or 2 / year
  • Kalghed
    Kalghed
    never. look to your rig.

If your computer crashed 30 times yesterday, then yes there is something wrong with your PC. That is insane. I my self have never had a crash and game runs just fine. I am not saying that its your hardware but there is obviously some conflict that is going on. Probably a software issue somewhere and I'm not talking about updating drivers.

Most of the time it is going to be a computer issue, and I am not trying to come off sounding condescending here but your average user doesn't know what to look for or have a way to test and duplicate on another machine. Unless you do this kind of thing on a daily basis you really cant be expected to.
    Kalghed
    PC Server - NA
    AD
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    MCMancub wrote: »
    never. look to your rig.

Because your OS is more to blame than your hardware. Why do people always point to the hands when the tools are broken?

Oh, my OS is broken now... thats not an assumption is it? dear god how can you even put "almost certainly" in that sentence.
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

• LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    ShadowMage wrote: »
    never. look to your rig.

Is it possible you have buggy add-ons or a corrupt client installation?

I'm running the game with no add-ons on a gaming rig I built at least a few years ago, and I haven't seen random load screens or any of the bugs you mention. Not saying they don't exist, just that you should try to eliminate all possibilities before placing blame on the game. I could be just lucky. :)

I've had severe bugs on multiple computers, multiple reinstalls, without add-ons and with add-ons. There hasn't been a day without bugs since I started playing this game. People don't seem to grasp that if it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't mean other computer setups aren't struggling with this broken game. That's why "look to your rig" comments are just......
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

Oh, my OS is broken now... thats not an assumption is it? dear god how can you even put "almost certainly" in that sentence.

It's what we call deductive reasoning. You should try it sometime. You yourself are certain it isn't your hardware. All that's left is what interfaces with the game 99% of the time, your OS.

Additionally, the only place I've ever seen people complain about the crashes in this game are here on these forums. I myself have never crashed, have 4 friends who play this game and have never crashed, have never witnessed anyone complaining about it in zone or guild chat.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just this: just because it's happening to you doesn't make it the game. It's more likely it's your rig (not just hardware, but operating system as well).
    Edited by MCMancub on April 30, 2015 2:56PM
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    never. look to your rig.

It's what we call deductive reasoning. You should try it sometime. You yourself are certain it isn't your hardware. All that's left is what interfaces with the game 99% of the time, your OS.

Additionally, the only place I've ever seen people complain about the crashes in this game are here on these forums. I myself have never crashed, have 4 friends who play this game and have never crashed, have never witnessed anyone complaining about it in zone or guild chat.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just this: just because it's happening to you doesn't make it the game. It's more likely it's your rig (not just hardware, but operating system as well).

Maybe I shouldave clarified. I seemingly have to. Especially since you act like an expert. I've worked with computers for years fixing computers for others involving technical issues with both hardware and software. Including games, viruses, broken hardware, software clean-up, dust cleaning, and everything people needed. My job involved fixing at least 6 computers a day and make them run smoothly. That's well over 2000 computers in my hands in a year.

Tell me, what is wrong with my OS, technically speaking? You don't have to be accurate at all, just give me some examples. It'll be interesting to hear.

you aswell @Kalghed , gimme words of expertise
    Edited by LEGENDARYYY on April 30, 2015 3:05PM
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only get random load screens when I set the graphics too high for my machine.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You all Zerg too much.

ESO doesn't like overclocks.

Finding your character dead next to a wayshrine is what the game does, you were still online when the game crashed and you were killed so it puts you to the nearest, safest, accessible again place. I don't think the game crashing is a bug, it just doesn't agree with what your PC is trying to make it do.
    PC EU
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4
    You all Zerg too much.

ESO doesn't like overclocks.

Finding your character dead next to a wayshrine is what the game does, you were still online when the game crashed and you were killed so it puts you to the nearest, safest, accessible again place. I don't think the game crashing is a bug, it just doesn't agree with what your PC is trying to make it do.

the game didn't crash that time actually.. I was trading, sold items to a merchant, logged out. Got back in, dead.
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never. look to your rig.

Turning that around, can you explain why a Core 2 Quad GTX 660 1GB HD and an i7 GTX 660 SSD have seen a random loading screen fewer than 5 times, total, in the last year? Random crashes at the same level of frequency. The first system is Holy, no overclocking. The second system has the CPU overclocked but not the GPU.

For me, this is close enough to zero to not matter.

I am not saying that it is not ESO, but I also cannot rule out other things.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus