Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Still?

Zyle
Zyle
✭✭✭✭✭
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1528905/#Comment_1528905
Greetings. We understand the frustration that is caused by this behavior and would like to provide some clarification as to how we are addressing it. Firstly, bypassing a closed gate from the assaulting side is indeed an exploit. As Brian explained in his post, there are acceptable ways to get through an open gate and be on the inside of a keep when it closes, but crossing it while it’s closed is not allowed. We will be taking additional measures with Update 6 to prevent this behavior from continuing, and we will of course continue to monitor the situation to see if further measures are required. Our TOS team has been monitoring abuse of this exploit, but it’s important to point out that it can be difficult to enforce across the board. We would also like to point out that reporting in-game behavior on the forums is not as effective as reporting it in-game. As stated in our Terms of Service:

If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums.

Thank you for understanding and for your patience as we work to address this behavior.

Do you really understand our frustration? This stuff is still happening, with almost no visible changes, so what exact additional measures in Update 6 did you bring to prevent this behavior from continuing? I'm calling your bluff, ZOS. If anything, I've seen even MORE exploiting.

If your customer service is telling players that it's perfectably acceptable (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1529887/#Comment_1529887), then why aren't all classes allowed a way to bypass what is meant to be sieged down? In fact, just go ahead and remove walls and doors from keeps, as you would rather not get rid of the smaller problem (exploiters) while the rest of anyone who plays with integrity suffers.

I need some clarification here, because without it it's becoming very apparent that you don't get our frustration whatsoever.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_AmeliaR

676 CP
Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping the forums in kindergarten mode is more important to them than policing the actual game
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Keeping the forums in kindergarten mode is more important to them than policing the actual game

Sad days... :(

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To fix the scroll issue all they need to do is make the mender immune to damage while the gate is closed. There is nothing wrong with the abilities dragon leap and ambush (so long as it's not used through a door) they are perfectly valid for travelling across uneven terrain/ elevations and add flavour to fights.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    To fix the scroll issue all they need to do is make the mender immune to damage while the gate is closed. There is nothing wrong with the abilities dragon leap and ambush (so long as it's not used through a door) they are perfectly valid for travelling across uneven terrain/ elevations and add flavour to fights.

Agreed. Also, why not just increase the gate guard damage by another 10x when the door is closed?

Cyrodiil has such varied and wonderful terrain that I think they should add more skills which allow non-traditional traversal. For instance: higher jumps, ladders or ropes, siege engines, etc.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Agreed. Also, why not just increase the gate guard damage by another 10x when the door is closed?

Cyrodiil has such varied and wonderful terrain that I think they should add more skills which allow non-traditional traversal. For instance: higher jumps, ladders or ropes, siege engines, etc.

You would have to do this, because unless they upped the mender damage in 1.6 you would still be able to get through. In 1.5 it was possible to get through without killing the mender since it wouldn't one shot you if you stacked enough health and damage shields. In 1.6, there are no softcaps so I feel it would be even easier to avoid killing the mender.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to clarify exactly what kind of thing you are talking about, unless you are only talking about getting scrolls without the gates opening.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the scroll should just auto kill anyone in the area if the gate is closed, lol. It's powerful right?
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    You may want to clarify exactly what kind of thing you are talking about, unless you are only talking about getting scrolls without the gates opening.

I think you especially know what I'm talking about.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I know of your concern, but I think we still disagree on what you would call an exploit. I don't think dragon leaping to the inner keep on a siege is an exploit. If it is, it would be good to know, but I've always understood it to be perfectly fine.. and sometimes a lot of fun. (unless you get squashed, which happens often when doing this LOL)

I have to agree with Mojar, through a door... exploit.

I think many reading this are going to assume you're only talking about scrolls, just trying to help.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I know of your concern, but I think we still disagree on what you would call an exploit. I don't think dragon leaping to the inner keep on a siege is an exploit. If it is, it would be good to know, but I've always understood it to be perfectly fine.. and sometimes a lot of fun. (unless you get squashed, which happens often when doing this LOL)

I have to agree with Mojar, through a door... exploit.

I think many reading this are going to assume you're only talking about scrolls, just trying to help.

Until every class has that option, I'll consider it an exploit. In the original thread that I posted, @ZOS_BrianWheeler comments 2 posts below: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1528937/#Comment_1528937
    This also includes Elder Scroll Gates before anyone asks. And yes, "bad" actually did mean bad, not good, or like the song. Although I did like the pictures you all posted...

Why would he feel the need to clarify that it also includes Elder Scroll Gates if they weren't talking about keeps/outposts? Unless there are other closable gates that I'm unaware of.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    If dragon leaping onto a keep or inner keep is an exploit, I'm going to quit. Literally the funniest, most badass thing to do in this game. Most of the time it gets you killed anyway. Sorcs streak up there, and nightblades can ambush.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If dragon leaping onto a keep or inner keep is an exploit, I'm going to quit. Literally the funniest, most badass thing to do in this game. Most of the time it gets you killed anyway. Sorcs streak up there, and nightblades can ambush.

I think werewolf can leap also
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well they have said its an exploit repeatedly so buh bye
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only speak for myself and this is something I'd wish people would do more often.

The OP mentions "our" frustrations. While I will grant there are other players who share his / her opinions on such matters, by using the word "our," it is implying that the ESO community as a whole thinks this way.

As for the scroll issue raised by the OP, it is not as black and white as some are making it out to be. I believe in the thread linked by the OP, Mr. Wheeler or one of the developers said to the effect that enemy players remaining behind a closed Scroll gate was legitimate. So, just because a Gate is closed, that does not mean that enemy players behind it is somehow illegal. Thus placing bombs on the scroll or insta-killing these perceived offending players is not a solution.

This is different from an enemy player *crossing* behind a closed gate somehow. How one might code the game to properly differentiate this sort of behavior from an enemy player merely being there is beyond my expertise. But such a distinction would have to be made and function 100% of the time in order to be something I'd consider. And quite frankly, I'd much prefer ZoS's limited resources be directed at other problems considering the last perceived illegal scroll hijack that occurred when I played was months ago.

As for Dragonleaping onto a keep wall, I want to assure ZoS that my "integrity" does not "suffer" when a DK performs this kind of stunt. In fact, I often stand on the edge of the wall and INVITE is. Yes, please come up here having blown your ultimate so I and my 6 buddies can kill you. To be honest, I find it fun and amusing - certainly more dynamic gameplay than watching the DK spam scales on the ground while I throw a random jesus beam at them to show them how much I love those scales 8>. As for why all classes can't do this, I think it is rather self-evident: they are all meant to be played differently. Just because the NB can cloak does not mean the game lacks integrity because none of the others can.

Now, I understand you hold a different view on the matter. Fine. Bur don't claim to speak for me. Ishammael, when you are looking for targets to DK leap up onto a castle wall and your mouse hovers across me, go ahead and press your ultimate button. I won't cry over it and fighting a DK is certainly more refreshing than sorcs who will bolts away at the slightest hit to their health or NBs who duck tape the key bound to fear.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 30, 2015 3:18PM
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only speak for myself and this is something I'd wish people would do more often.

The OP mentions "our" frustrations. While I will grant there are other players who share his / her opinions on such matters, by using the word "our," it is implying that the ESO community as a whole thinks this way.

As for the scroll issue raised by the OP, it is not as black and white as some are making it out to be. I believe in the thread linked by the OP, Mr. Wheeler or one of the developers said to the effect that enemy players remaining behind a closed Scroll gate was legitimate. So, just because a Gate is closed, that does not mean that enemy players behind it is somehow illegal. Thus placing bombs on the scroll or insta-killing these perceived offending players is not a solution.

This is different from an enemy player *crossing* behind a closed gate somehow. How one might code the game to properly differentiate this sort of behavior from an enemy player merely being there is beyond my expertise. But such a distinction would have to be made and function 100% of the time in order to be something I'd consider. And quite frankly, I'd much prefer ZoS's limited resources be directed at other problems considering the last perceived illegal scroll hijack that occurred when I played was months ago.

As for Dragonleaping onto a keep wall, I want to assure ZoS that my "integrity" does not "suffer" when a DK performs this kind of stunt. In fact, I often stand on the edge of the wall and INVITE is. Yes, please come up here having blown your ultimate so I and my 6 buddies can kill you. To be honest, I find it fun and amusing - certainly more dynamic gameplay than watching the DK spam scales on the ground while I throw a random jesus beam at them to show them how much I love those scales 8>. As for why all classes can't do this, I think it is rather self-evident: they are all meant to be played differently. Just because the NB can cloak does not mean the game lacks integrity because none of the others can.

Now, I understand you hold a different view on the matter. Fine. Bur don't claim to speak for me. Ishammael, when you are looking for targets to DK leap up onto a castle wall and your mouse hovers across me, go ahead and press your ultimate button. I won't cry over it and fighting a DK is certainly more refreshing than sorcs who will bolts away at the slightest hit to their health or NBs who duck tape the key bound to fear.

Why do you feel you have to specify yourself outside of "our" when you were never specified at all? You said it yourself, there are other players who share this opinion, if I was to imply the ESO community as a whole, I'd say everyone. You only brought attention to yourself by singling yourself out in a non specific term.

I understand the legitimate way of being behind a closed gate, and it is very apparent (based on keep status) when it is an exploit or not.

You provided an example in which you had a defended keep. Just hours ago, in a 20EP vs 2DC fight, one of the EP felt it necessary to find his way onto the top of the keep. Would be nice to have 6 buddies then. In those situations, I will definitely throw the integrity card. I am not calling a classes lack of an ability a lack of integrity, I'm calling attention to when and where it's used.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 OP is banned for posting a private ZoS response in a public forum.

inb4 I'm banned for commenting on a private ZoS message in a public forum.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't quote anyone because they dun fudged up the mobile site, but I'm replaying the OPs latest post...

You are wrong if you think that having all your home keeps and finding someone behind the gate confirms that they exploited. Players are perfectly capable of getting behind gates legitimately and staying there until home keeps are capped. It's called "waiting".

rip decibel
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    inb4 OP is banned for posting a private ZoS response in a public forum.

inb4 I'm banned for commenting on a private ZoS message in a public forum.

-inb4 Pixysticks is banned for commenting on OP's imminent ban.

-inb4 my own inevitable perma-ban for saying something that would NEVER have gotten even a warning in any other forum on the internet.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them a token if they enter scroll area with gate open.
    Remove token when they leave scroll area.

Gate is closed and they have no token in scroll area ...instant death.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 30, 2015 5:17PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its very obvious they don't care about hacker or exploiters as ive never seen or heard of anyone getting banned for hacking the only two instances ive seen zenimax take any action in game towards problems was the very beginning with the bank duping glitch and bots. Ive came to conclusion that they don't care and some way accept it.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. People are worried about gate hopping..

When you have people exploiting a Mist Form bug that keeps mist form on after the duration. Even when logging in and out.

Thing is. ZoS just doesn't care. They aren't going to police the game or take action against exploiters. They aren't even going to put any real effort into fixing the exploits.

All ZoS cares about at this point is pushing Crown Shop items and selling Console boxes.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

No truer words have ever been spoken. AMEN!
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I have to be a console player and receive any response :(

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_AmeliaR

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK