The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thread is old and not relevant anymore.

Domander
Domander
✭✭✭✭✭
Thread is old and not relevant anymore.

Edited by Domander on April 29, 2015 11:03PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity was only ever promised by spending stamina to break free of CC. Why do you think you should become immune to it automatically? A lot of CC is short duration like streak, fragments etc.

The idea is to force you to actually do things to avoid CC or to counter CC. Auto immunity is a terrible idea.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass Hysteria?
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity was only ever promised by spending stamina to break free of CC. Why do you think you should become immune to it automatically? A lot of CC is short duration like streak, fragments etc.

The idea is to force you to actually do things to avoid CC or to counter CC. Auto immunity is a terrible idea.

Did I say that I think we should be immune to it automatically? You're assuming a lot. I'm making a list of the ones that don't.
    It could be a bug that they don't, only the devs would know, but the purpose of this thread is just to have a list of the ones that don't.

A lot of CC does trigger the immunity, but then there are things like blazing spear that people can spam, and keep you permanently stunned unless you break free from it. Streak, if used in a strategic way, can keep someone CC'd a majority of the time or having to be constantly using break free/immovable.
    Edited by Domander on October 29, 2014 7:32AM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mass hysteria is a 4 second AoE CC that can't be blocked and as such is governed by different rules.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am only aware of one exploit here. Shield bash + talons does not appear to be breakable.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    i am only aware of one exploit here. Shield bash + talons does not appear to be breakable.

shield bash + talons? shield bash is not a CC... and I haven't seen the shield charge + talons unbreakable bug for a long time. I won't say it doesn't exist, in fact every once in a while lag seems to make random CC unbreakable, but I haven't seen it.
    Edited by Domander on October 29, 2014 7:54AM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

Did I say that I think we should be immune to it automatically? You're assuming a lot. I'm making a list of the ones that don't.
    It could be a bug that they don't, only the devs would know, but the purpose of this thread is just to have a list of the ones that don't.

A lot of CC does trigger the immunity, but then there are things like blazing spear that people can spam, and keep you permanently stunned unless you break free from it. Streak, if used in a strategic way, can keep someone CC'd a majority of the time or having to be constantly using break free/immovable.

Streak can't keep someone CC'ed a majority of the time. Break free once and you're immune for 5 seconds where you don't need to worry about blocking etc.

If break free is too expensive then there are ways to reduce its cost or increase your stamina pool or stamina recovery.

Eclipse is the same. Unless you break free of it, it can't be permanently applied to you.

You'd be better off creating a list of abilities that trigger an automatic immunity than ones that don't. Other than fear I don't know of any.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Streak can't keep someone CC'ed a majority of the time. Break free once and you're immune for 5 seconds where you don't need to worry about blocking etc.

If break free is too expensive then there are ways to reduce its cost or increase your stamina pool or stamina recovery.

Eclipse is the same. Unless you break free of it, it can't be permanently applied to you.

You'd be better off creating a list of abilities that trigger an automatic immunity than ones that don't. Other than fear I don't know of any.

Here's a tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oMCHmPHp0U

Most CC triggers the immunity, have you ever been able to chain crystal shards stun someone? no? that's because they're immune when they get up, though often they're dead if they don't break free. It's the same with shield charge, stone fist, unstable familiar, focused charge, fiery grip, veiled strike (from stealth/invis), uppercut, powerbash, fire touch..... there's more.. but yeah.. not really a short list.

You've obviously never been on the receiving end of someone who uses streak well.
    It's powerful if you use it right. If you have this morph and are not using it offensively then you're doing it wrong heh.
    It may be more likely you're already bolt escaping out of steak range, there are 3 other classes that can't do that.

Yes you can reduce your break free cost, what's your point? Some CC you can wait out. If you're not getting destroyed it's smarter to wait sometimes. Streak doesn't give you that option though and you'll quickly run out of stamina unless you block. It's possibly intended, I don't know if any disorient trigger cc immunity.

Eclipse is a special CC, and there's still a lot you can do with it on you (aoe, heal, buff) oh how cool would it be if it reflected aoe.... ah. It would be incredibly unfair for eclipse to have any kind of immunity.

Edited by Domander on October 29, 2014 8:59AM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Here's a tutorial

Most CC triggers the immunity, have you ever been able to chain crystal shards stun someone? no? that's because they're immune when they get up, though often they're dead if they don't break free. It's the same with shield charge, stone fist, unstable familiar, focused charge, fiery grip, veiled strike (from stealth/invis), uppercut, powerbash, fire touch..... there's more.. but yeah.. not really a short list.

You've obviously never been on the receiving end of someone who uses streak well.
    It's powerful if you use it right. If you have this morph and are not using it offensively then you're doing it wrong heh.
    It may be more likely you're already bolt escaping out of steak range, there are 3 other classes that can't do that.

Yes you can reduce your break free cost, what's your point? Some CC you can wait out. If you're not getting destroyed it's smarter to wait sometimes. Streak doesn't give you that option though and you'll quickly run out of stamina unless you block. It's possibly intended, I don't know if any disorient trigger cc immunity.

Eclipse is a special CC, and there's still a lot you can do with it on you (aoe, heal, buff) oh how cool would it be if it reflected aoe.... ah. It would be incredibly unfair for eclipse to have any kind of immunity.

That video is no longer relevant as it is 7 months old.. Immunity isn't granted after being CCed. You don't get those white circles under your feet after being chainsed or uppercut.

I chain knockdown people with crystal fragments all the time. The caveat is that if you're currently under the effect of another "Hard CC" you're immune to additional hard CC until you're no longer under the effects of it. I'll often time my crystal fragment so that it hits them just as they're standing back up and then they're back on their ass again. People do this with invasion all the time.

I've tested streak spam with someone a couple days ago. I let them stun me the first time, then I break free and until 5 seconds is up I am free to cast continuously. I'm very familiar with the capabilities and limitations of streak. Ball lightning stun functions the same way.

I only pointed out eclipse because it followed the same behavior as everything else. No immunity is granted.

Ultimately immovable is your best defense against all forms of CC and it is far more efficient than break free plus boosts your defenses but you often don't have immovable on the active bar you're on when you need it, and sometimes using the CC immunity cooldown is more efficient and allows you to cast and attack without fear of being CCed in a similar fashion.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a tutorial

That video is no longer relevant as it is 7 months old.. Immunity isn't granted after being CCed. You don't get those white circles under your feet after being chainsed or uppercut.

I chain knockdown people with crystal fragments all the time. The caveat is that if you're currently under the effect of another "Hard CC" you're immune to additional hard CC until you're no longer under the effects of it. I'll often time my crystal fragment so that it hits them just as they're standing back up and then they're back on their ass again. People do this with invasion all the time.

I've tested streak spam with someone a couple days ago. I let them stun me the first time, then I break free and until 5 seconds is up I am free to cast continuously. I'm very familiar with the capabilities and limitations of streak. Ball lightning stun functions the same way.

I only pointed out eclipse because it followed the same behavior as everything else. No immunity is granted.

Ultimately immovable is your best defense against all forms of CC and it is far more efficient than break free plus boosts your defenses but you often don't have immovable on the active bar you're on when you need it, and sometimes using the CC immunity cooldown is more efficient and allows you to cast and attack without fear of being CCed in a similar fashion.

You should go test this.

I was just in game, I ran up to alessia and was able to get a player sorc to use crystal shards on me. I waited for my character to get up, and I had the CC immunity. I don't know why you would think this changed at some point.

Yes, I don't think CC is supposed to affect you while CC'd.

Oh, and break free/block is better than immovable for many players... you cannot sustain immovable unless you stack/buff stamina regen, or use heavy armor. You will run out of stamina, and that's without using stamina for anything else. If you'd like to test that, make sure you're in combat.
    Edited by Domander on October 29, 2014 10:59AM
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm making a list of the CC that I know does not trigger any CC immunity, meaning that it can be chained unless you break free from it.

You of course mean that even IF you break free/roll out you don't get an immunity timer, allowing them to continue to CC you...right?

The biggest offender of this is Talons....I cannot tell you how annoying it is to be taloned, roll out and then have them re-talon you again, and again. You can also have talons applied to you multiple times in which case you get basically locked in place. Really sucks to die with a full stamina bar "trying" to break free.

There is also a supposed reason for this...talons is considered a root = soft CC which gets no immunity timer by design which is a load of CRAPOLA. Only hard CC (a stun) will trigger an immunity.

IMHO ALL CC should get an immunity timer if you break free.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are talons I cannot roll out of - following the charge/bash whatever it is. I simply cannot roll out of them or break free. perhaps its a bug.
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    there are talons I cannot roll out of - following the charge/bash whatever it is. I simply cannot roll out of them or break free. perhaps its a bug.

its usually refered to as unbreakable cc

almost half the DKs i run into in pvp always try to produce this bug. all they do is charge and talon you. if that fail they look at you while you kill them. lol

it definitely need fix and for sure is not intended by game design to stack CC like that to make it unbreakable
    Edited by msawwan2ub17_ESO on October 29, 2014 9:04PM
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ Self-proclaimed Best Player in the game ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its usually refered to as unbreakable cc

almost half the DKs i run into in pvp always try to produce this bug. all they do is charge and talon you. if that fail they look at you while you kill them. lol

it definitely need fix and for sure is not intended by game design to stack CC like that to make it unbreakable

This had me laughing because its so ridiculously true, you can kind of tell how sad they are when it doesn't work and they just stand there dumbfounded.... but of course when it works I rage hard....
  • Arito
    Arito
    ✭✭
    You can chain root somebody with restraining/shattering prison just like talons... but it doesn't seem to be exploited very much and does very minimal damage. Actually the only time I really use the skill is when I get hit by CC or talons repeatedly and it annoys me... then I watch the DK sit there and bash over and over again (gotta roll, lol) while my teammates wail on him. In that situation, it is actually quite gratifying.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biting jabs

PC EU
    PvP only
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, puncturing sweep / biting jabs is definitely something that should not be spammable for so many times in sequence (yes, just that one skill!) that the victim is then dead because they haven't been able to do anything. There is of course a counter to this, and that is immovable... As soon as I see a templar, immovable goes up because otherwise I will simply be dead.

I can't help but wonder why it hasn't been fixed so that you can't just chain the skill endlessly until the enemy is dead, it so obviously needs some kind of a change (who hasn't had that infamous biting jabs, biting jabs, biting jabs, biting jabs death recap in PvP?). Using it once is ok, then you need to get immunity against the knock back for a bit. Keeping the damage with consecutive attacks is ok, of course.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, puncturing sweep / biting jabs is definitely something that should not be spammable for so many times in sequence (yes, just that one skill!) that the victim is then dead because they haven't been able to do anything. There is of course a counter to this, and that is immovable... As soon as I see a templar, immovable goes up because otherwise I will simply be dead.

I can't help but wonder why it hasn't been fixed so that you can't just chain the skill endlessly until the enemy is dead, it so obviously needs some kind of a change (who hasn't had that infamous biting jabs, biting jabs, biting jabs, biting jabs death recap in PvP?). Using it once is ok, then you need to get immunity against the knock back for a bit. Keeping the damage with consecutive attacks is ok, of course.

I think it's intended, and it's not too hard to get out of, just hold block or move/dodge. It's such a short cc that giving immunity from it would be unbalanced, and also making it something that templars couldn't use because it would make other CC stop working.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immobilize doesn't count for this discussion, neither does snare. They are not hard cc and are not supposed to give any immunity as far as I know. It would be unfair/unbalanced to have immunity as a dodge roll is such a cheap (relatively)/easy counter to it.
    Edited by Domander on October 30, 2014 8:40AM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's intended, and it's not too hard to get out of, just hold block or move/dodge. It's such a short cc that giving immunity from it would be unbalanced, and also making it something that templars couldn't use because it would make other CC stop working.

Oh, how prophetic you were, Domander!

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH has thoroughly reviewed the thread and has confirmed its an L2P issue
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Auto immunity is already in the game. They actually added another one that does it in 1.6: the Templars' Biting Jabs now gives it out 'for free'. You don't have to Break Free (in fact, the CC itself is so short, you probably couldn't do it if you wanted to), but you get free immunity.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Auto immunity is already in the game. They actually added another one that does it in 1.6: the Templars' Biting Jabs now gives it out 'for free'. You don't have to Break Free (in fact, the CC itself is so short, you probably couldn't do it if you wanted to), but you get free immunity.

rise_from_your_grave.png
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube