The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@Ezareth 3 months later

Huntler
Huntler
✭✭✭✭✭
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1773127#Comment_1773127

Took three months... but.... I mean... they are looking into it now :p. I think its official, don't ever post about a bug here in the PvP forums, nobody will ever see it ;).

Jokes aside, hopefully this will finally lead to a fix since 1.6 PTS.
Edited by Huntler on April 29, 2015 7:19PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Sorry guys, we do our best to catch things here on the forums, but we can't be everywhere all the time. Do you know if this issue was reported via /bug?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reported the issue via /bug in 1.6 PTS

I also reported the bug in the PTS forums

Jewelry enchant reductions are also pretty hosed. A VR14 magicka reduction neck provides 198 spell cost reduction (the tooltip says 200) yet the same enchant on a ring provides 212 spell cost reduction. Using all 3 enchants nets you 623 cost reduction to base before factoring non-champion cost reduction percentages.

Stamina Reduction enchants provide 212 Stamina reduction per enchant (For a total of 637) while the tooltip displays 200.

Basically the tooltips are really broken. For example the Tooltips on Stamina cost reduction on purple stamina reduction from the LV15-L25 and LV20-L30 enchants have the same tooltip as well, but the LV20-L30 enchant provides more stamina reduction (Can't remember the exact values).

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ This, he made a few posts about it too... think we might have even brought it up in a meeting :p. Just glad its getting resolved.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    ^^ This, he made a few posts about it too... think we might have even brought it up in a meeting :p. Just glad its getting resolved.

Well they did finally fix the 100% reproducible interface bug I reported via /bug probably 7 months ago and then again when I came back to the game for 1.6 PTS testing in the last patch.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151608/reproducible-interface-issue-bug#latest

I just wish there was a way for me to get a direct line to the devs or something as someone who actually reports real bugs and spends a lot of time researching and testing them to figure out how to produce them so they are fixed. Some way to report them that isn't going to get lost in the daily spam from people who report bugs with zero actual useful information.

To the best of my knowledge the first bug I reported in this game back in Beta that is 100% reproducible still exists.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I blame Ezareth
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug has been reported since 1.6 PTS. I guess I assumed it had been fixed. Obviously I was wrong.

For ZoS reading:
    It would really help the community -- and y'all -- if you published the formulas for all skill cost, damage, armor, mitigation, resist, penetration, &c. We will gladly help you find where they are not implemented correctly or are bugged since this will help us improve our builds. Second, anyone with half a brain would have been able to tell you that the Nirnhoned trait change to +24% or total was ridiculous even if it is working as the tooltip states.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    This bug has been reported since 1.6 PTS. I guess I assumed it had been fixed. Obviously I was wrong.

For ZoS reading:
    It would really help the community -- and y'all -- if you published the formulas for all skill cost, damage, armor, mitigation, resist, penetration, &c. We will gladly help you find where they are not implemented correctly or are bugged since this will help us improve our builds. Second, anyone with half a brain would have been able to tell you that the Nirnhoned trait change to +24% or total was ridiculous even if it is working as the tooltip states.

@Ishammael

They won't do that because it would be bad PR right before console launch. Who wants to buy a game that is being picked apart by the community who is finding huge bugs faster than they can fix it? It already has a reputation for bugs being discovered by the community and never being fixed.

I'm seriously feeling the urge to set up a community run bug tracker so we can see how much they actually fix. Every time I start prepping the environment and setting it up I'm reminded how pointless it would be. ZOS is held accountable already by the community yet nothing gets done except add more pets to the crown store, neglect adding new content, repurpose exclusives to cash grab and plaster ugly advertisements all over our screens.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »

For ZoS reading:

@Ishammael

They won't do that because it would be bad PR right before console launch. Who wants to buy a game that is being picked apart by the community who is finding huge bugs faster than they can fix it? It already has a reputation for bugs being discovered by the community and never being fixed.

I'm seriously feeling the urge to set up a community run bug tracker so we can see how much they actually fix. Every time I start prepping the environment and setting it up I'm reminded how pointless it would be. ZOS is held accountable already by the community yet nothing gets done except add more pets to the crown store, neglect adding new content, repurpose exclusives to cash grab and plaster ugly advertisements all over our screens.

I'd recommend against that, some of us began to do something.. at least a list of ourselves and it got depressing. Instead I try and just focus on hammering the bugs I feel are important to either my enjoyment of the game or priority of impact on the game.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny thing about the advertisements is that it took mulit threads and about 4.5k views and maybe 1000 reply's to say they are no longer going to do it.
    Edited by sirston on April 30, 2015 9:39PM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors