The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can not report bug - bug with crafting items with traits

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there! So first I'll talk about the bug I ran into...

Guildmate asked me to make some light armor pants with sturdy trait.. they send me the mats. I log on to my VR2 Breton Sorc who is currently in the AD Vuhlkelguard bank. I take the mail and run to the crafting station. Once I am there, I noticed my quartz (sturdy stone) is red, and it shows no other stones (had none in my bank or inventory at the time), as well "have knowledge" is unchecked. I check have knowledge, stone disappears. I check in the research tab to ensure I know sturdy.. I know it for every light armor/medium piece. I reload ui. Nope. I log off and quit the game. Log back in.. nope. Triple check that it's the correct stone in my inventory.. it is. *insert attempt at bug report here* Mail guildmate the mats I received so someone else can make the item. Run to the bank and check my inventory on if I have any other stones.. nope. Pull out 2 days worth of hireling mails, got some random stones. Run back to crafting station... can now craft items with traits I know. Oh, and it would not let me craft ANY item with sturdy when I was having that issue.. was not just pants.

I mentioned this in guild chat, others said it has happened before as well.. they had to just wait awhile, and when they went back later it worked.

Now for the bug report story.. I type in /bug and select an option. I click the arrow on the dropdown menu.. a blue bar appears at the top (inside) the dropdown menu box... no options actually appear. I try scrolling.. nope.. so there is no way to select the "narrow down what went wrong" and no way to move forward in the bug report.

@ZOS_AlanG Please send along this crafting bug for me.

[EDIT] Just logged back onto my AD toon and bug report works fine. :/ Oh, and somewhere in me trying to get the trait to work, I turned off all addons.
Edited by MissBizz on April 29, 2015 2:47AM
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying this is what your experiencing but it could be the case.

If you open the crafting table before getting the material out of your email, is when I see that issue. Then when you get the item out of the mail, and then reopen the table, the station is in the exact same state as it was, showing the item isn't there.

What usually clears this up for me is changing the style or level of the item, then them game recognizes the trait you now have in your inventory.

I hope that helps.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately not @Robbmrp I had pulled the items out of my inventory while still in the bank, not even at the station yet. As well, it knew it was in my inventory, has "have items" was check, and "have knowledge was not checked" with only the one stone showing up (red) means it knows I had it on me, but thought I didn't have the knowledge to use it. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that wasn't the case. That's the only time I've seen the tables not recognizing an item I've had. Hopefully another player has some more information on it for you :smile:
    NA Server - Kildair
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robbmrp Fortunately it works now, just a pain in the.. you know.. when it doesn't work.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mentioned above that you had Addons turned off, I know that there are Addons that cause me problems with crafting so it's possible that one of them is the culprit.

The thing I see with my Addons is when you select a different piece of armor that the level doesn't stay where it was, it either goes up or down. I've learned to live with that since I like my Addons :smiley:
    NA Server - Kildair