The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shield Charge + Talons = Death Sentence

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking fear does give you CC immunity for five seconds people hate fear cause they can't perma-block or cause they focus so hard on magic that they have poor stamina so popping immovable or CC three or four times kill the little stamina they have
    tonemd wrote: »
    Aimelin wrote: »
    babanovac wrote: »
    Happened to me several times last evening. Some kind of combination between talons and a stun resulted in unbreakable CC. Tbh i think it might be the server lag that prevents you from breaking it.

The reason it happens is because talons (root / immobilize) is regarded as a SOFT CC (no CC break for it, only dodge roll) and shield charge (stun) is regarded as a HARD CC (CC break only).

So the chain of events makes the system poop and there you go, double CC bug.

The same is happening with for example Stun + Knockback. You can be CC immune but wrecking blow can still knock you back / down and it takes you AGES to get back up.

The easiest fix for this (and how it should have been since day1 IMO) is to make all CC breakable, don't distinguish between soft and hard CC, put it all on the same "CC Break" and immunity timer.

I could get with this. That should pacify the Tanks who fear FEAR as well. Gives them a chance to heal or shield up before another CC lands.

But if that is the case, I think CC Break should cost more.

Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking fear does give you CC immunity for five seconds people hate fear cause they can't perma-block or cause they focus so hard on magic that they have poor stamina so popping immovable or CC three or four times kill the little stamina they have
    tonemd wrote: »
    Aimelin wrote: »
    babanovac wrote: »
    Happened to me several times last evening. Some kind of combination between talons and a stun resulted in unbreakable CC. Tbh i think it might be the server lag that prevents you from breaking it.

The reason it happens is because talons (root / immobilize) is regarded as a SOFT CC (no CC break for it, only dodge roll) and shield charge (stun) is regarded as a HARD CC (CC break only).

So the chain of events makes the system poop and there you go, double CC bug.

The same is happening with for example Stun + Knockback. You can be CC immune but wrecking blow can still knock you back / down and it takes you AGES to get back up.

The easiest fix for this (and how it should have been since day1 IMO) is to make all CC breakable, don't distinguish between soft and hard CC, put it all on the same "CC Break" and immunity timer.

I could get with this. That should pacify the Tanks who fear FEAR as well. Gives them a chance to heal or shield up before another CC lands.

But if that is the case, I think CC Break should cost more.

well Hybrids don't exactly work anymore since you either scale off magicka or stamina now, so to be efficient at w/e playstyle you can't have alot of the other, you can, but your magicka dps and or heals would suffer, making you less effective.

You could say invest in the champ system to reduce break free / roll dodge cost, sure, but those small %'s don't do much.