The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shield Charge + Talons = Death Sentence

G0ku
G0ku
✭✭✭✭
Apparently you can cc-break the vampire feed now after a well known player, a kind of "teso-celebrity" complained about it and others joined in.

So can we please get a fix the the unbreakable cc you find yourself in after you shield charged to ground and then put in talons? Or is it working as intended?
- First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
AD Kahjiit Warden
AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FIX ALL THE UNBREAKABLE CC!!!
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbreakable cc or bug?

rip decibel
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Unbreakable cc or bug?

Honestly? I don´t know. But I see it all the time, some groups seems to have specialized on this. I learned how to avoid it, but I´m of the oppinion it´s bad to overall fun and gameplay.
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Saft
    Saft
    ✭✭✭
    Talons still can cause unbreakable CC? has't this bug been around like a year now? Last months it has't happened very often to me, just like once per day, and i thought it was lag or something that made their CC unbreakable. But bug is still there you say?
    Edited by Saft on April 26, 2015 7:57AM
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    Working as intended?
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have also noticed that many times when you cc break various forms of cc (fear mostly) you get instantly cc'ed afterwards, which is very annoying. I hope i am not the only one experiencing this.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With talons I find I can roll out of them whenever I have the resources, although, double-fear for example. Stuck.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    This problem still exists? I haven't noticed, but from what I remember there was a problem with roots+stun that would cause unbreakable CC. It happens to me every now and then but not nearly as much as before.
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno where any of you get the idea that Talons is unbreakable. I've pretty much stopped using it in PvP since everyone seems to be IMMUNE to it.

I don't know how many times I have spammed Talons again and again and everyone just seems to have either ungodly amount of Stamina and they continually roll out of it, or they pop Immovable over and over, or they constantly pop some sort of stealth skill that breaks CC continuously.

It's a rare occasion for me that Talons works against anyone.

At the very LEAST, Immovable should require 5 pieces of Heavy armor to use.

Side Note: How is it that people in combat can still use postern doors and keep gates? I don't understand this. I can never use a door if I am in combat or I am taking damage. Why do I see others getting away with this all the time?

Side note #2: Fear needs to be disabled until the exploit is fixed. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise because anyone who spams fear is exploiting.
    Edited by Siliconhobbit_ESO on April 26, 2015 6:01PM
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno where any of you get the idea that Talons is unbreakable. I've pretty much stopped using it in PvP since everyone seems to be IMMUNE to it.

I don't know how many times I have spammed Talons again and again and everyone just seems to have either ungodly amount of Stamina and they continually roll out of it, or they pop Immovable over and over, or they constantly pop some sort of stealth skill that breaks CC continuously.

It's a rare occasion for me that Talons works against anyone.

At the very LEAST, Immovable should require 5 pieces of Heavy armor to use.

Side Note: How is it that people in combat can still use postern doors and keep gates? I don't understand this. I can never use a door if I am in combat or I am taking damage. Why do I see others getting away with this all the time?

Side note #2: Fear needs to be disabled until the exploit is fixed. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise because anyone who spams fear is exploiting.

immovable
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can never use a door if... I am taking damage

Spam skills like heal, cloak, dodge roll and shields as needed to stay alive while also cc breaking and weaving in trying to open the door.
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have also noticed that many times when you cc break various forms of cc (fear mostly) you get instantly cc'ed afterwards, which is very annoying. I hope i am not the only one experiencing this.

I see this mostly with Shield Charge. I'll break out of a fear or stun, and half a second later I'm flat on my [snip].

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on April 27, 2015 1:18PM
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not experienced this bug in months. I'm pretty sure you guys are just bad and/or not noticing your stamina is empty.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same applies to anybody who uses Dragon Leap.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

The same applies to anybody who uses Dragon Leap.
    Or a certain type of potion for Stamina users that seems to lack any kind of cooldown.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FOTM unbreakable CC I saw a lot of today is Sorcerer=Encase, Nightblade=Fear. Even with full stamina you are boned.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »

Spam skills like heal, cloak, dodge roll and shields as needed to stay alive while also cc breaking and weaving in trying to open the door.

Best part is when you hit 'E' enough times that you go through the door and then pop back outside into the death zone :#
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you'r not the only one.

The most frequent culprit is getting feared half a second after CC-breaking fear - but it DOES happen with other CCs as well...
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me several times last evening. Some kind of combination between talons and a stun resulted in unbreakable CC. Tbh i think it might be the server lag that prevents you from breaking it.
  • Aimelin
    Aimelin
    ✭✭✭
    babanovac wrote: »
    Happened to me several times last evening. Some kind of combination between talons and a stun resulted in unbreakable CC. Tbh i think it might be the server lag that prevents you from breaking it.

The reason it happens is because talons (root / immobilize) is regarded as a SOFT CC (no CC break for it, only dodge roll) and shield charge (stun) is regarded as a HARD CC (CC break only).

So the chain of events makes the system poop and there you go, double CC bug.

The same is happening with for example Stun + Knockback. You can be CC immune but wrecking blow can still knock you back / down and it takes you AGES to get back up.

The easiest fix for this (and how it should have been since day1 IMO) is to make all CC breakable, don't distinguish between soft and hard CC, put it all on the same "CC Break" and immunity timer.
    Edited by Aimelin on April 27, 2015 6:53AM
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aimelin wrote: »

The reason it happens is because talons (root / immobilize) is regarded as a SOFT CC (no CC break for it, only dodge roll) and shield charge (stun) is regarded as a HARD CC (CC break only).

The same is happening with for example Stun + Knockback. You can be CC immune but wrecking blow can still knock you back / down and it takes you AGES to get back up.

The easiest fix for this (and how it should have been since day1 IMO) is to make all CC breakable, don't distinguish between soft and hard CC, put it all on the same "CC Break" and immunity timer.

this.

shield charge -> on ground -> talons -> unbreakable
    templar charge -> on ground -> talons -> unbreakable
    be creative, im only stating the obvious to not provide more of this crap

But I´m still not sure if it´s due to lag or just the way it works right now. So better be prepared to CC-break fast after being charged or face obilivion.

You have to admire some of the gank groups doing this as they perfected it with a coordinated group charge and following talons (2 templar 2 dk group)
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    I have not experienced this bug in months. I'm pretty sure you guys are just bad and/or not noticing your stamina is empty.

So you´re the benchmark which lets you differ good from bad players, huh? bait somewhere else...
    Edited by G0ku on April 27, 2015 12:33PM
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs can do it too all alone. They drop the area CC then they use the another of their CC's and you are locked.

I know this is not fun it happens all the time. Immovable is rather useless but still a decent patch fix to it. I have started using the 17 second unstoppable potions. The are extremely effective and last 3x as long as ability when slotted. If the CC lock doesn't get fixed I predict sales going through the roof in PVP.
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they fixed this.. you need to break out of the stun, then you can roll dodge out of talons. I could be mistaken, but I believe the bug where you couldn't break-free was from a while ago. My sense is people are trying to roll, when you need to break free first.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystikkal wrote: »
    I believe they fixed this.. you need to break out of the stun, then you can roll dodge out of talons. I could be mistaken, but I believe the bug where you couldn't break-free was from a while ago. My sense is people are trying to roll, when you need to break free first.

At least for me, I have on multiple ocations hammered break free, but nothing happened (despite full stamina).
    Not always were roots involved when the problem happend, but with short CCs it's difficult to distinguish lag from genuine "unbreakability"
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    Itoq wrote: »

Best part is when you hit 'E' enough times that you go through the door and then pop back outside into the death zone :#

That's awesome ... when it happens to someone I am chasing :smiley:

The recent posts with the NB fear skill seems to suggest that it is when multiple CCs are applied to a player in quick succession we get the "perma-stunned" problem. Or when 2 different types of CCs are put into effect.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 27, 2015 4:57PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually tested this with a friend before I left for my business/family trip and its 100% death you have to burn all your stamina with immovable every five seconds or add a potion to the mix every 45 seconds but once you get knocked down that's it.

It you get a soft cc that requires you to roll dodge but you can't cause you're stunned and need to break free it drops you in a loop

It's not about stamina on my build with 2536 stamina regeneration and 23k stamina full medium the CCs lock you down till it gets up now for testing purposes he don't dragon leap me and just end it but I was unable to find a counter beyond spamming immovable right as the CC immunity end.

And just for the numbers I buffed my build to pure stamina regen killing 60% crit and 3k weapon damage had 3679 stamina regen had stamina forever but green Dragon Blood and the occasional healing ward made the weak damage laughable the steps you have to take to regen that much stamina to spam that one power is ridiculous to do for one play style of one class.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take away on this post is that if we want to fix the never break cc + snare effects that we need the cool kids to complain about it.

I'm not popular enough yet, but I certainly *** about it on stream when it happens to me =3
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get your RP guild to complain that it breaks their immersion.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know they have a 3 fixes limit on PvP bugs
    Edited by kendellking_chaosb14_ESO on April 27, 2015 8:13PM
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aimelin wrote: »

I could get with this. That should pacify the Tanks who fear FEAR as well. Gives them a chance to heal or shield up before another CC lands.

But if that is the case, I think CC Break should cost more.