The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sypher and Aetcha - Duo Nightblade 2vX Gameplay/Commentary

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Bahalul
    Bahalul
    ✭✭✭
    I got destroyed by you two outside sejanus today, with about 5 EP around. I coulda popped detect pot but I didnt wanna bother cus I know I'm gonna get destroyed anyway. :expressionless:

Are you still using 5 Skirmisher/ 3 Shadow walker/ 3 Ashen grip? You seem to have slightly more hp (21k) than your build video (about 18k if I remember right)
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bahalul wrote: »
    I got destroyed by you two outside sejanus today, with about 5 EP around. I coulda popped detect pot but I didnt wanna bother cus I know I'm gonna get destroyed anyway. :expressionless:

Are you still using 5 Skirmisher/ 3 Shadow walker/ 3 Ashen grip? You seem to have slightly more hp (21k) than your build video (about 18k if I remember right)

Same set up, but we took a well just before running to fight at sej.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perma fear is so broken...and two NBs alternating fear is just silly..really not worth your time battling NBs who depend that much on fear. They should at least make the invulnerability from break free last ten seconds . 1 second to realize you're feared..a second to cast break free..a second to find your target....2 seconds to close the gap and try to dps or immobilize the NB..feared again.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    perma fear is so broken...and two NBs alternating fear is just silly..really not worth your time battling NBs who depend that much on fear. They should at least make the invulnerability from break free last ten seconds . 1 second to realize you're feared..a second to cast break free..a second to find your target....2 seconds to close the gap and try to dps or immobilize the NB..feared again.

If you use alessian set you can increase your immunity from 4 seconds to 7 seconds.

Otherwise use this potion:

Columbine + Cornflower + Wormwood = Magicka restore/ detection/ Unstoppable

It counters their cloak and fear which they depend on.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So players using the good skills at their disposal are a waste of time. Got it.
    But you do realize you already get 8 sec cc immunity after break free, right?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity lasts 5 sec if im not mistaken.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

It is not 8 seconds!

Because I can!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

It is not 8 seconds!

5 second auto immunity, 8 second on break, I am pretty sure. Feel free to proof me wrong, always good to learn something new.

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is not 8 seconds!

5 second auto immunity, 8 second on break, I am pretty sure. Feel free to proof me wrong, always good to learn something new.

It is not 8 seconds!

Fear doesn't give CC immunity if you do not break it. I have the feeling that sometimes I am feared more often than every 8 seconds. I ll test it tonight. Anyway the issue is not that I am CC, but that sometimes I cannot break it fast enough because of bugs (some skills combination, CC during roll-dodge, etc).
    Because I can!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is not 8 seconds!

Fear doesn't give CC immunity if you do not break it. I have the feeling that sometimes I am feared more often than every 8 seconds. I ll test it tonight. Anyway the issue is not that I am CC, but that sometimes I cannot break it fast enough because of bugs (some skills combination, CC during roll-dodge, etc).

True - what kills me pretty often these days is that I am feared while in the air, it's unbreakable then. And as a good Sorc I alway jump a lot... :neutral:

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not 8 seconds!

True - what kills me pretty often these days is that I am feared while in the air, it's unbreakable then. And as a good Sorc I alway jump a lot... :neutral:

Stop jumping so much, it's annoying! My sorc has invested more in bunny skills than you, let me do the jumping instead.

By the way, is it just me or are the ones who complain the loudest about "fear spam" the ones who don't have proper stamina management?... Why should they be able to maximize damage but get no disadvantages with that choice?
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol I thought immunity was 4 seconds. My bad. :/ If someone could clarify how long CC break free immunity is that'd be great. :)
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    awesome vid sypher.

and to whoever asked, you dont get immunity to fear unless you break it.
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    lol I thought immunity was 4 seconds. My bad. :/ If someone could clarify how long CC break free immunity is that'd be great. :)

I'm pretty sure it's 5 seconds
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video, I've yet to run into you again since that little engagement where you got stuck in the rocks at BRK :wink:

I had Saber Ali chasing me from Roebeck to Fare last night and he eventually got me, I see Jago more often than I see you Sypher, stopped playing your EP/DC toons?
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

Is the Skirmisher set BoA? Not seeing any for sale anywhere.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Sypher wrote: »

Is the Skirmisher set BoA? Not seeing any for sale anywhere.

Skirmisher is BoE, not sure where the green version drops but the purple drops from trash/bosses in Trials... Or maybe that's viper... It's all the same! :open_mouth:

Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fear should be in the Alliance War tree, never a specific class skill. Otherwise they need to add other ccs which go through block for all classes.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

Fear should be in the Alliance War tree, never a specific class skill. Otherwise they need to add other ccs which go through block for all classes.

That's cool.. Just make Talons and BoL an Alliance War skill as well. I'm down with it.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Skirmisher is BoE, not sure where the green version drops but the purple drops from trash/bosses in Trials... Or maybe that's viper... It's all the same! :open_mouth:

Yea, I was running Skirmisher as soon as 1.6 dropped, and was recommending it to people. If I would of known it would take off like this. I would of bought every piece on the market that was selling for 1500g a few months ago and resold them for the 20k current price.
    Edited by TheBucket on April 24, 2015 4:56PM
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There are skills like that and thanks to WW, everyone got a fear.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Every class has a CC skill which bypass block.
    Because I can!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Aspect of Terror, Tangling Webs (Arachnaphobia Synergy), Turn Undead, Werewolf Transformation, Roar

Two of them require active use of the most expensive ultimate in the game (and can't be used by vampires), one only works against vampires/werewolfs/deadra, last one requires the use of a synergy.

I don't see the problem in NB having a special skill with Aspect of Terror, but "everyone got fear" let's it sound a bit easier than it is in reality ;) .

• Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What they should do, is make Mass Hysteria(the fear morph that 99% of NBs use and abuse) unable to go through block... but then to compensate, you give the other morph that is vastly underused(Aspect of Terror) -the- fear that goes through block.

This would be better balanced I think. Aspect of Terror has a timer for being armed, cannot be mindlessly activated and spammed, and requires clever positioning and tactical awareness. You get your prey into the trap, then you get a great fear that goes through block.

Then, with Mass Hysteria which you can just spam aimlessly, you make this one unable to go through block. Therefore it is balanced with the other morph and now, both have utility. Mas Hysteria is easy to use and convenient - fast when you need it. But it does not go through block. For that, you will need Aspect of Terror.

Just my 2 cents, since this subject was brought up here.

Edited by Lord_Hev on April 24, 2015 7:03PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Mystikkal
    Mystikkal
    ✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »

Yea, I was running Skirmisher as soon as 1.6 dropped, and was recommending it to people. If I would of known it would take off like this. I would of bought every piece on the market that was selling for 1500g a few months ago and resold them for the 20k current price.

I did that ;)

Also did the same with Dreugh.. was also going cheap pre-1.6.. but I ended up giving most of it to friends rather than sell it.. saw it coming from a mile away!
    Edited by Mystikkal on April 24, 2015 7:29PM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool.. Just make Talons and BoL an Alliance War skill as well. I'm down with it.

Talons is hardly comparable to BOL..it may be comparable to fear. I'll grant you that ;) But sure!!..ill trade talons for fear( or BOL) any day :D

I have to point this out..a fear that can be cast every how many seconds by NBs??..cannot possibly be compared to an ultimate that costs the caster 300 ult. Try again.

Edited by Tintinabula on April 24, 2015 8:48PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Talons is hardly comparable to BOL..it may be comparable to fear. I'll grant you that ;) But sure!!..ill trade talons for fear( or BOL) any day :D

I have to point this out..a fear that can be cast every how many seconds by NBs??..cannot possibly be compared to an ultimate that costs the caster 300 ult. Try again.

I don't even know why that guy compare any other class skill with nightblade fear. When you are feared by a nightblade, you cannot hold block and you die in 1second if you don't cc break in time (which is glitched btw). When you talon someone, he can still hold block and is perfectly fine. so yeah.. waste of efforts from his part.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its 100% 4 seconds. And I think the immunity should kick in once you break the fear, not when it affects you. This would fix many issues.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to interrupt the de-railing to let Sypher know that I liked his video.

Carry on :|
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not a derail..its a discussion about the video and the use of fear.