Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attribute allocation for and viability of a WW 2H Sorc and a Vamp Sword and Shield/Destro Staff DK?

apav
apav
✭✭
Hey guys,

I haven't played since around launch, and I realize a lot has changed while I've been out of the loop. I am still leveling both of these characters, and I have a general idea on how I want to spend the skill points and the playstyle I have in mind, but what I am trying to figure out is how I should allocate my points into health, stamina and magicka, and also to figure out if this playstyle will still be viable (I know the motto of ESO combat is all playstyles are viable, but surely some are still very bad compared to others, especially for trials.). Also I'd like to know what kind of armor should I be using.

In case you were wondering the reasoning behind these playstyles, I like the irony that my weaknesses are actually my strengths (a mage that turns into a werewolf, a vampire that uses fire spells). I made builds on esohead real quick just to show what I am using on my bars.

Werewolf Sorcerer that uses 2H:
http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mMzzxx9k8wAEb8NNgI8NUVF8AIQ18wABh8AISv8wAvz8wAlB8AISW8AIPN8NUmo8jb3P8x7Crsfd6Lsfr6Lsff6rsfw8H7zLbHm8J7xrziO6LziY8K7xLkg6LzuN6rzuj6Lzun8O7z68P7MrdYh8X7aLfLW6LfLX6rfLY6LfnN6LfnA6LfnL8zc7p68zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

This is exactly the same as how it was at launch, and I liked it quite a lot back then. For Bar 1, basically the idea is to stand at the farthest range where I can cast Crystal Fragments, immediately charge in after, cast Velocious Curse, then Endless Fury, and by then the health should be low enough to benefit from Reverse Slice and the Endless Fury explosion effect to most likely kill it. For bosses I just add a few swings in between, plus I benefit from the chance of an instant Crystal Fragments to proc. Now that probably sounds pretty magic heavy, but I also would like to use Werewolf form as much as I can with it too.

Bar 2 mainly is used for Carve to grind up my ultimate, but I also have buffs on there so I can buff myself before a fight. I'll also put situational abilities like soul trap or silver bolts on there when needed. The reason I'm not using another weapon is because I haven't decided what I plan on using yet, plus I currently like how I am currently using it.

Vampire DK that uses Sword and Shield/Destro Staff:
http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#1.mzmz9s8uzEm8uzeN8fXG18uEI18ugIL8umHI8hmOd8hMtx8uvZT8jKvQ8jKew8jKEd8y7GLR3f8e7rLaqT6Laqj8E7xrzmY6rzm16LzVS8l7GrzoC6rzkA6rzky8Y7VrfJu6rfJI6rfJN8zk7zzvKVv8zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX

I was only in the planning stage for this, as my vampire DK character is only level 13 and thus I am still unlocking all of the abilities. But basically I wanted to use a fire staff and vampire abilities, while also having a sword and shield so I can be a little off tanky (I plan on making a Templar tank eventually).

I know, this must sound crazy, but it is fun for me to think about, I just don't know how to get the most efficiency out of these builds, so I would appreciate any of the help I can get! :smile: Thank you very much.
Edited by apav on April 15, 2015 4:06AM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @apav!

With the new updates, unfortunately ww are much much more stronger with a stamina build with their own stamina bonuses. This goes the same with vampires and magicka builds.

This is due to the fact that soft caps have been removed and so hybrid builds such as yours are not as viable as last you played.

You can however make a melee magicka build or a ranged stamina 'mage' build but options are quite limited.

Use http://eso-skills.com/skill/ for a better skill calculator. It is updated as far as I can tell but the rest it seems are just not up to date as this one.

Hope this helps!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • apav
    apav
    ✭✭
    Hi @apav!

With the new updates, unfortunately ww are much much more stronger with a stamina build with their own stamina bonuses. This goes the same with vampires and magicka builds.

This is due to the fact that soft caps have been removed and so hybrid builds such as yours are not as viable as last you played.

You can however make a melee magicka build or a ranged stamina 'mage' build but options are quite limited.

Use http://eso-skills.com/skill/ for a better skill calculator. It is updated as far as I can tell but the rest it seems are just not up to date as this one.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help! I wonder though, weren't they trying to keep this like a traditional Elder Scrolls games where anything you play is viable though? Hard to play what you like when you know another build is vastly superior. I wonder if this has been brought to their attention or they even care. I know it's an mmo so they can't completely make every build on the same level with each other, but if they made the difference a lot less substantial somehow, I'm sure that'd make a lot of players (myself included) very happy. First Swtor killing hybrids, now this, I just want to play what I want without feeling like I'm sacrificing efficiency.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the thing, they should have made support builds more viable, or needed in game. Unfortunately, the bosses Ingame has a linear path to success: dps it down. So the traditional mmo holy trinity works.

Hybrid builds by tradition are support builds, but as ome poster once said, you can be 50/50 guy, 70/30 guy but you can't be a 90/90 guy. Its just not possible. So hybrids aren't as efficient as say pure dps or healing build.

The group mechanics should have also allowed 5 man groups, with the boss mechanics changed to make it so we need a support role but its not Like that here, or any mmo for sure.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!