Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Class balancing coming soon?

Darklord_Tiberius
Darklord_Tiberius
✭✭✭✭
Something I have noticed since 1.6/2.0 launched and the change of stats and the game mechanics on how skills are based off Stam/Magika pools, is that there is a lot of unbalanced skills now. Also, certain skills give hard CC when they shouldn't and other skills give no hard CC when they should. On top of this, some skills are hitting harder than I think they are intended to, overload heavy attack and Frags hitting 20k+ on someone with 30k spell resist and 25k armor, yeaaaa.

To add to this, I know so many other classes besides Templar that have broken skills or overpowered skills, Sorc class shield derp derp.

I mean seriously ZOS, when are we going to get some balance back into the game and these classes and skill lines? Also, when are we going to get class skills fixed? Templars have 6 class skills that are completely broken in PvP and most have been this way a long, long time; care to reply ZOS?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Coming soon 2-3months after console release
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it appears that a substantial portion of resources are going into console right now, which makes sense. It's a pain but we got to hold out. Fixes are coming but I think they are going to be stretched out over the interim.
    Edited by Armitas on April 17, 2015 8:32PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    frags are currently broken and any enormous dmg from them should be /bugged. I've reported the mechanical details of the bug, and sent forum messages. I just would like balance discussions to reflect that,

the spells base dmg and proc dmg are in line, the proc stacks on itself and can give up to 120% if you hit the lotto.

Overload seems pretty huge, but it's slow and avoidable. I feel like in the context of nirnhoned it's not a problem, maybe in June or September, nex patch, they can look again after the balance it.
    Edited by Valnas on April 17, 2015 8:36PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you really don't like sorcs.... did one of them kick your dog?
    Options
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree...but we all know it's not going to happen any time soon. They don't even plan on fixing the Nirnhoned crap until after June so I wouldn't expect any class balance until at least never.
    Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class balance..

Jesus beam now curves around and attacks the caster.

Bolt Escape now fires in a random direction, favoring cliffs with lethal falls.

Reflective scales now causes you to break out in a samba dance and be CCed for 4s (unbreakable)

Nightblades now also fear themselves when they fear you, with the tendency to run to the nearest cliff.

there... now every class has fail. BALANCE!
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would rather have more content than balance, thx
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others said, all resources are getting put into console release, this means they are trying to do all the bug fixes they can for now, NO content or balance changes as this would require thought/resources they dont want to devote to it.

Only after console release, and the any bugs they need to hammer down for console release, will they begin to look at balance and future content. This is why you see the ever growing "next major content patch" response.

Its not that they dont have things planned for the next patch, or idea's of how to fix what they broke in this one. They just dont know what they can actually get done and in what time frame so they simply reply with the cookie cutter response.

Any sort of changes to abilities or balance may end up causing another bug, which they want to avoid.
    Options
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    you really don't like sorcs.... did one of them kick your dog?

Not everyone is wearing full suit of nirnhoned :)
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP will be left in its 1.5 ish state(meaning unbalanced and terrible btw:)) for the next 3-5 months.

so for the next few months, infinite resource builds will dominate, magic builds will be halfway screwed due to nirnhoned, some abilities will be broken, immense lag will be had, all that fun stuff.

its ok though, I can spend this time trapping Ezareth and obtaining his OP spidey sense.

#NBOP
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs can now tank better than DKs..its dumb
    Options
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS main focus right now is nothing but console and a few things to make pvp "comfortable". Until console comes out dont expect Anything from them other then minor pvp changes and Cash shop items. :neutral:
    Options
  • Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on May 22, 2015 6:52PM
    Options