Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It is not fun when one faction has complete control of the map

BL44ZR
BL44ZR
Soul Shriven
I have played this game from beta and every time one faction has the entire map the game becomes a waste of money. factions should become WEAKER the more they have. Just like the Romans did.

This needs to change. It takes more than one player to play
Edited by BL44ZR on April 12, 2015 3:13AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Working as intended"- ZOS

#Argonianmasterrace
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of enemy forces on every side that can easily take back a good portion of a dominated map. The problem is the players. As soon as it looks as though the map is going all one colour, bam, people leave the campaign and make it even easier for said colour to continue to dominate the entire map. It's stupid, really. It's like a hive mind of people saying "Well, woke up and only have X number of keeps. I'm going to XYZ campaign instead". The moment that campaign starts going one colour, I guarantee it will end up having the same problem. People are the problem, not the systems in place. ZOS has made many mistakes with ESO, fair enough, but they cannot be held accountable for people abandoning campaigns at the first sight of a map-overtake challenge.
    Edited by Elsir on April 12, 2015 4:35AM
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PaulScelus wrote: »
    There are plenty of enemy forces on every side that can easily take back a good portion of a dominated map. The problem is the players. As soon as it looks as though the map is going all one colour, bam, people leave the campaign and make it even easier for said colour to continue to dominate the entire map. It's stupid, really. It's like a hive mind of people saying "Well, woke up and only have X number of keeps. I'm going to XYZ campaign instead". The moment that campaign starts going one colour, I guarantee it will end up having the same problem. People are the problem, not the systems in place. ZOS has made many mistakes with ESO, fair enough, but they cannot be held accountable for people abandoning campaigns at the first sight of a map-overtake challenge.

getting gate camped by 10x your alliance's number as soon as you and your alliance capture a resource and begin earning 1 point every 20 minutes is a little disheartening..... especially when its done for a month straight:(

now more people could come of course, not saying that its entirely the systems fault, but when THAT happens, we get guilds and random peeps getting all of the groups on at that time, into one huge blob, causing massive server wide lag that makes it almost impossible to play, People don't want to play in either scenario(unless its people from the dominant faction who want easy buffs for PvE) so people will avoid those servers if possible.

i played in hopesfire for 3 months back when the sub was mandatory. and let me tell you, if i could go back in time and leave it after what AD turned it into for something else; I would. I wasted 3 months of my time in that campaign. It was nothing but EP getting gate camped by certain members from various AD guilds wanting to keep it as a buff server(and yes, to the AD guild that I know is reading this; I have not forgotten; I never will as long as I play this game, and I hope each and every member that took part in all that disgusting gate camping was banned from y'alls guild. ) and I still feel the negative repercussions of my time spent there to this very day. I went thru it again with haderus, and i certainly can't go thru it again:(

Playing on a buff server as one of the two sides getting steamrolled sucks. Its not as simple as "bring more people" it takes A LOT of willpower to force oneself to play in a campaign like that, and every member of any guild there has to be willing to put forth at least a month or more of their time in liberating the server. It takes time that one could be spending in a campaign they are having fun in. also, playing in a buff sever does little to make you better at the game. I have spent literally more than half my PvP time in buff servers on the dominated sides; it is wasted time I will never get back that I could have used to get better at the game. you have to understand that it is not as easy as some people on these forums try to make it out to be.

Edited by Cody on April 12, 2015 6:10AM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any EP players come to Haderus (NA) we give a good fight and stick it to the yellow dogs every day even if they are pop locked and have 24/7 zergs. Just need some more night players to stop there night capping every single day cause we may go to bed with the map fairly even but when we wake up it's yellow thanks to the 24/7 zergs. No TB players.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, that can be the most fun.

I used to love going into Chill and killing people in the quest areas who though they were safe because they were on the DC buff server. Muwahahha
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PaulScelus wrote: »

But It's exactly like that in 100% of all online games with large scale combat. When one side has to greater numbers, the opposition just leaves and goes somewhere else. PvP is nowhere to be found. In every single game I ever played over the last 15 years, that always happened.

So no, it's not about ESO having more cowards or opportunist players. Your average MMO player only wants to have a bit of easy accessible fun. He doesn't care about anything else. He's no willing to lead and organise the resistance, fight heavily outnumbered for the sake of it, for the faction and change the outcome of a war lol. These are facts, we cant change your average MMO player. He will always leave the campaign when gate camped. So It's rather up to the guys designing and developing games to prevent these types of one-sided battles.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd at least prefer an incentive for people to join the campaign, but also reward those who stuck through it. I'm DC on Thornblade, and we've been pretty consistent with a single bar of pop t his entire campaign. So many people keep dropping out of the campaign due to being discouraged and having no reason to join.

That, and the argument I hear is it's a 30 day campaign, so people can drop out, join another campaign, get a Tier 3 reward, then jump back to Thorn to get another one. It's really frustrating to be one of the seemingly few who stick around to try to make a difference.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just switch campaigns and problem is solved. Right now EP on Thorn or Ad on Haderus is just a joke. The other campaigns can sometimes have crazy stuff happening just wait a few hours it bounces back.
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »

I used to love going into Chill and killing people in the quest areas who though they were safe because they were on the DC buff server. Muwahahha

The truth, I always play on underdog servers they are the most fun
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fun if your side is the one in control. On that note I'm having a blast in Thornblade right now doing quests with impunity and no worry of any opposing sides; and the XP is just fantastic!
    :trollin:
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's fun if your side is the one in control. On that note I'm having a blast in Thornblade right now doing quests with impunity and no worry of any opposing sides; and the XP is just fantastic!

All the buffs from the zone plus enlightened = champ point in about 10-20 minutes of dungeon grinding. Really fast. Overall the delves in Cyrodiil are very lucrative. Dolmens are nice (and soloable due to really being V5, but counting as v12) and can net you Martial Knowledge pieces to sell and Cold Fire weaponry.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any EP players come to Haderus (NA) we give a good fight and stick it to the yellow dogs every day even if they are pop locked and have 24/7 zergs. Just need some more night players to stop there night capping every single day cause we may go to bed with the map fairly even but when we wake up it's yellow thanks to the 24/7 zergs. No TB players.

^ This is how you get good. You fight against the odds, not with them. If you're EP and you want to refine yourself go to haderus. You will learn to fight worth 3 players because you will be fighting 3 to 1 every day.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave a similar solution months ago.
    Every PVE bonus you gain as a buff server is countered by its PVP negative.
    Gain 5000 health in PVE ~ Lose 5000 Health on PVP.

So who want the health then....PVE or PVP players ?
    The status quo will give you no gains anywhere.
    If you are wiped off the map you get max PVP bonus (giving the weakest a buff).
    If you dominate the map you get max PVE bonus (giving the strongest a penalty..but not totally negative)

The natural state of things is a balnaced campaign rather than buff servers.
    There is no cons to having a buff server at present
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 13, 2015 9:52PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dude not cool don't be arse.... unless you have a good reason then be a giant arse.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on April 14, 2015 1:59AM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

^ This is how you get good. You fight against the odds, not with them. If you're EP and you want to refine yourself go to haderus. You will learn to fight worth 3 players because you will be fighting 3 to 1 every day.

Or maybe and try to follow along... Some of us were at Haderus when it was a fun server were real PvP can happen and not a rage broken skill spam fest and want it to go back to how it was before TB rejects came in and started to use it as a emperor farm server and that goes to all factions emperor farming groups you know who you are your nothing special if you get emperor I see atleast 20+ players a day with the former emperor title.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

If you dominate the map you get max PVE bonus (giving the strongest a penalty..but not totally negative)

And this is why buffs either need to be removed from PvE or just removed in general.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude not cool don't be arse.... unless you have a good reason then be a giant arse.

Adds to immersion, I'm all for it. If you're going to be questing in a pvp zone, you should encounter pvp from time to time.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just switch campaigns and problem is solved. .

No, it just makes a single server fun to play on with long long queues.

Aside from people not wanting to leave a campain due to their time invested, many just dont want to join a queue that can take 30 mins to an hour when they is their play time for the evening.

They stick with where they can get in and then when a new game comes out they go to that.

Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to bait the other alliances. Let them take a keep or two. Heck let them PvDoor the inner ring. Then bring the pain!
  • BL44ZR
    BL44ZR
    Soul Shriven
    The most fun I have had is when there are large armies from all three factions fighting over the same keep. A map completely dominated by one faction is soooo boring it is a waste of time going there.

It needs to change ASAP. History has shown over stretched empires are always weaker.
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to check out Haderus EU as a guest campaign and it's completely blue. Having a campaign completely in your faction color is as boring as having it all under enemy control. There's simply nothing to do. I guess I could use it for questing but questing in enemy territory is a lot more fun IMO. For me it's a wasted campaign.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there would be armies of daedras coming from the IC and retaking the keeps no one is defending :(
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    KleanZlate wrote: »
    I decided to check out Haderus EU as a guest campaign and it's completely blue. Having a campaign completely in your faction color is as boring as having it all under enemy control. There's simply nothing to do. I guess I could use it for questing but questing in enemy territory is a lot more fun IMO. For me it's a wasted campaign.

TBH, I prefer to Play in a campaign where the enemy knocks at my gate than the other way around, simply because I get huge def ticks. ;P

But balanced campaigns are still the best.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »

Aside from people not wanting to leave a campain due to their time invested, many just dont want to join a queue that can take 30 mins to an hour when they is their play time for the evening.

They stick with where they can get in and then when a new game comes out they go to that.

I've never seen every campaign messed up. Just avoid the ones that are messed up its not hard.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I've never seen every campaign messed up. Just avoid the ones that are messed up its not hard.

The only one not messed up on EU is Thornblade, and usually you'll have to wait hours to enter it only for major lags or disconnections due to it being over populated however despite that it is balanced.

Problem with other campaigns:

Azura's star: All blue

Haderus: All blue

Chillrend: All yellow

I feel ZOS need to push people out of thornblade (possibly split it into two) and possibly introduce hard locks if home/guest setups reach a maximum level (i.e. make it so you can't join a full campaign even to queue). Force people into the other campaigns if one is full to the brim I say.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The only one not messed up on EU is Thornblade, and usually you'll have to wait hours to enter it only for major lags or disconnections due to it being over populated however despite that it is balanced.

I feel ZOS need to push people out of thornblade (possibly split it into two) and possibly introduce hard locks if home/guest setups reach a maximum level (i.e. make it so you can't join a full campaign even to queue). Force people into the other campaigns if one is full to the brim I say.

Oh sorry man that isn't happening on NA but could very easily get there. Yea ZOS needs to just make it a queue and put everyone in the same campaign and when that one is full move everyone to the next campaign. Right now we have enough people on NA to fill up 1 campaign but instead they are spread out in 5 different campaigns fighting ghosts.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

False, there are no pros to having a buff server.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh sorry man that isn't happening on NA but could very easily get there. Yea ZOS needs to just make it a queue and put everyone in the same campaign and when that one is full move everyone to the next campaign. Right now we have enough people on NA to fill up 1 campaign but instead they are spread out in 5 different campaigns fighting ghosts.

that was happening on NA until thornblade collapsed in on itself. Now the buff campaigns are being populated and are trying to push out the resistance to keep buff servers. which has made some interesting pvp.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• BL44ZR
    BL44ZR
    Soul Shriven
    Now both 30 day campaigns are EP dominated. Who can be bothered..?? There's no one else there.

Its just not fun. BTW I have a Vet14 EP Sorc.

Fun is epic battles that go for hours first this way then that, so good...

We don't have that any more.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in DAoC, you were stuck in your 'server choice' so you had to suck it up and make it happen even though you were the weakest realm.

Alliance were formed within guilds of a same faction, leaders and players were trained / leveled / geared up and ready to go, recruiting was in place for new players and everyone contributed ( even PvE raiders as they provided occasions for PvPers to advance their characters with gear/artifacts and master levels )

With the current system, a player can simply bail-out, change campain, guest somewhere else, etc. In other words, your campain choice are not meaningful in anyways other than if you are winning or not.

As of the solution? I dont know, maybe make guilds being able to select a 'home campain' and give the guild rewards based on keep holding and have limited guild spots per campain. Maybe removing some campains would be an idea too. Maybe restraining players more into one campain or giving extra rewards if you stick to a same campain for longer period of time would make sense.

But know that people will mostly choose the easy way and will migrate into a winning campain if they have the choice and the mean to do it.