Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

$25 for a mount is ridonkulous!!

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    Sightly off-topic, slightly on-topic...

I may have completely missed it somewhere, and if so I apologize. But what is the unique characteristic of the senche mounts? I know horses have unlimited sprinting, but what do the senche mounts have that is unique to them? And also the guar mounts for that matter?
    There isn't a unique characteristic. Before the senche and guar mounts came out (and before any of the mount changes for 1.6 were announced) ZOS said that unlimited sprinting was intended as a unique characteristic of horses, and that other types of mounts would have different unique characteristics. You remember it and I remember it. They've obviously changed their mind on that, though, as senche and guar have the same unique characteristic of being able to continue to sprint even when their stamina has run out. Which makes it not so much a unique characteristic after all...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I may have completely missed it somewhere, and if so I apologize. But what is the unique characteristic of the senche mounts? I know horses have unlimited sprinting, but what do the senche mounts have that is unique to them? And also the guar mounts for that matter?

Nothing zip and the horses with sprinting is a stamina bug they haven't been able to fix from beta. At least that is what was told us in beta. Wish I could find the link. :(
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is just something I think players decided for themselves because it didn't make sense for the horse to be able to sprint forever and it either not be a bug or special trait.

The only difference between mounts is the visual.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they're starting to realize that most players that were awarded big amounts of Crown Points haven't been spending their points, but are instead waiting for real DLC content to spend their Crown Points on. This means there won't be a big revenue bump from the DLC, because the Crown Points being spent were given away for free. So they've decided to fix this by throwing out cheap items to drain the current pool of existing Crown Points, so that people will need to buy Crown Points to buy the DLC.

Yes, it's pretty obvious. I'm not sure why people aren't aware of this. The 'limited time' items are a particular giveaway, as there is no other reason to do this for a purely digital item except to encourage impulse buying (by completionists and/or subscribers with a backlog of crowns). Expect to see more of this tactic in the future. In my mind this game is on its way to not being an ES game anymore, but a marketing gimmick for whales.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

This is just something I think players decided for themselves because it didn't make sense for the horse to be able to sprint forever and it either not be a bug or special trait.

The only difference between mounts is the visual.
    No, there was an actual ZOS quote saying it. I'll see if I can find it with a quick search.
    Edit: found it. Here's the quote:
    Is it normal that a horse can continue to sprint even if it runs out of stamina? I think players don’t appreciate that trait, since it seems to do nothing. – Chris J.

Yes, horses can sprint indefinitely without consuming stamina. That said, stamina is still valuable for two other reasons: It protects you from being dismounted when attacked, and if you rapidly press the sprint key you will get big boosts of speed on your mount (but at a much higher stamina cost). Of note, only horse mounts have the endless sprint trait. Other upcoming mount types will have different special traits.
    And here's the source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/06/16/ask-us-anything-variety-pack-15
    Edited by UrQuan on April 13, 2015 10:19PM
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

There isn't a unique characteristic. Before the senche and guar mounts came out (and before any of the mount changes for 1.6 were announced) ZOS said that unlimited sprinting was intended as a unique characteristic of horses, and that other types of mounts would have different unique characteristics. You remember it and I remember it. They've obviously changed their mind on that, though, as senche and guar have the same unique characteristic of being able to continue to sprint even when their stamina has run out. Which makes it not so much a unique characteristic after all...

Ahh, okay. :) Thank you for the clarification!
    ->--Willow--<-
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    People spend way more than that on booze and smokes, without a care.

I bought the nightmare - and a guar - and will get the leopard too. Gaming is one of my hobbies, and most hobbies cost some money., somewhere. I'd rather buy a mount in a game for a few quid than spend 100s/1000s on eventual lung cancer.
    I don't drink or smoke, I have nothing to give up to save money. :'(

Seriously though, you're right, gaming is generally a pretty cheap hobby now in the digital age, so why not buy a leopard every now and then. However, I could get Majora's Mask remake for the price of two leopards... I know what I'd rather buy. :)

Get both! Random rare mount, and I've been pretty happy with the MM remake, i prefer the revamped save system.
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    It is just a mere skin it doesn't even give you anything, so it's not worth buying (my point of view).

Once they release stuff that gives me better stats, that's when I spend my money.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    People spend way more than that on booze and smokes, without a care.

I bought the nightmare - and a guar - and will get the leopard too. Gaming is one of my hobbies, and most hobbies cost some money., somewhere. I'd rather buy a mount in a game for a few quid than spend 100s/1000s on eventual lung cancer.
    I don't drink or smoke, I have nothing to give up to save money. :'(

Seriously though, you're right, gaming is generally a pretty cheap hobby now in the digital age, so why not buy a leopard every now and then. However, I could get Majora's Mask remake for the price of two leopards... I know what I'd rather buy. :)

Get both! Random rare mount, and I've been pretty happy with the MM remake, i prefer the revamped save system.
    I'm a poor student living on ramen noodles, though. Well, I don't actually eat ramen noodles all that often, but you get the point. Plus I like travelling, so I'm always saving up for something. I'd buy all the things! if I could, alas, I cannot. And anyway, I have my striped senche - and the flaming pony is lame. I'm not complaining, I don't even want these mounts. :)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem. That was one of the first things I checked out on PTS when the guar mounts first showed up there, because I wanted to know what their special characteristic was. I was disappointed to find that all mounts have the same, but having thought about it a bit more now I'm actually kind of happy that there's no difference between them. As long as different mounts have different prices, I'm perfectly happy to have them all operate exactly the same. If they have both different prices and different characteristics, then we start getting close to P2W territory.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are equating crowns into dollars.
    I subscribe to ESO. I love the game and enjoy supporting the game.
    In return, I get FREE crowns every month, as well as buffs (xp, gold, skills).

Except technically, they're not "free". You pay $15 a month to get them. If you didn't pay, you wouldn't have them. I don't pay and I don't get them.

Just saying.

Edit:

Also, there is a game out there(well, it's not a game yet. Still in "alpha" release state) that the developer had the utter brass *** to charge $2500.00 (yes, you're seeing that right) for a ship that hadn't even been put into the game engine yet. At the time of the announcement and sale of said "ship" all they had was concept art.

Edited by MercyKilling on April 13, 2015 10:53PM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine in my opinion. I hope they add some $100 mounts. Someone buying them has no more power in the game than I and they help fund new development. Bring on the $2500 Stable Pack Galore!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine in my opinion. I hope they add some $100 mounts. Someone buying them has no more power in the game than I and they help fund new development. Bring on the $2500 Stable Pack Galore!
    Oh, I hope not. For me $25 worth of crowns is still in the range of "if I like this enough I can justify buying it, but only if I really really like it" but $100 worth of crowns is way outside of that range, and into "I will never spend this much on a cosmetic item even if I absolutely love it" territory. I'm much happier with cosmetic items being in the first category rather than in the second. A high enough price to make me really take my time and decide if I want to buy it (too cheap and I run the risk of impulse buys, which will add up to more in the long run), while still being a low enough price that if I really really like it I can get it.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I hope not. For me $25 worth of crowns is still in the range of "if I like this enough I can justify buying it, but only if I really really like it" but $100 worth of crowns is way outside of that range, and into "I will never spend this much on a cosmetic item even if I absolutely love it" territory. I'm much happier with cosmetic items being in the first category rather than in the second. A high enough price to make me really take my time and decide if I want to buy it (too cheap and I run the risk of impulse buys, which will add up to more in the long run), while still being a low enough price that if I really really like it I can get it.

I don't disagree personally, but there are those out there who would buy a $100 mount and that in turn would help to fund the game. I'm okay with having premium priced cosmetics as a way to support the game financially.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem. That was one of the first things I checked out on PTS when the guar mounts first showed up there, because I wanted to know what their special characteristic was. I was disappointed to find that all mounts have the same, but having thought about it a bit more now I'm actually kind of happy that there's no difference between them. As long as different mounts have different prices, I'm perfectly happy to have them all operate exactly the same. If they have both different prices and different characteristics, then we start getting close to P2W territory.
    [/quote]

I actually think I like that they're all the same too. While it may have been fun to have something new, I really like the unlimited sprinting. I think I would always opt to have that on my mount if given the choice.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World of Warcraft's in game store has been successfully selling mounts for $25 - $30 for years now, and I shamefully own them all. :(
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will also go on record and admit I would throw down $100 for a dragon mount. Like a BIG FRIGGEN Dragon.
  • Aevric
    Aevric
    ✭✭✭

Also, there is a game out there(well, it's not a game yet. Still in "alpha" release state) that the developer had the utter brass *** to charge $2500.00 (yes, you're seeing that right) for a ship that hadn't even been put into the game engine yet. At the time of the announcement and sale of said "ship" all they had was concept art.

You obviously have no idea how that game's pledging is set up.
    No one has to buy any ship/package beyond the cheapest available (I believe it's $45 for the cheapest with beta access) to "own" the game upon release and participate in the betas. All of the ships will be available in-game for in-game currency.
    They offer the pledges for the other ships for people who'd rather not spend the first weeks of the game grinding for a ship that they want. Once the game is launched, anyone can fly that same $2500 ship that you mentioned by paying in-game currency. Many people have also pledged for multiple ships just to support the game development.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the internet...$25 is nothing for a mount. It's standard price
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what world some of you reside on, but $25 for a MOUNT is A LOT of money. It's especially a lot of money for pixels that do nothing extra beyond CHEAPER pixels.

If I'm going to spend cash on such a mount, it really has to have some sort of advantage over other, less expensive mounts in the Crown Store. The color scheme is just not enough for me to justify the purchase.

Even a 5% speed boost above and beyond every other mount in the store would probably be enough to tip the scales for me.

Right now however, I cannot see a reason to purchase this mount and acquiring it as some sort of status symbol just doesn't appeal to me as a 42yr. old gamer.

Side Note Unlreated to this Conversation: Crown Store advertisements on my screen while I am gaming is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy it then.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been here since the beginning, I still have all my crowns and atm I have a couple of weeks left on my second 6 month sub.

So far there has been absolutely nothing in the Crown Store I wish to spend out on.........

I toyed with buying the new senche mount BUT I have the tiger and I can only ride one thing at a time so I decided against it.

I am surprised at myself but currently I am seriously considering not renewing my subs.........

With no new content apparently even on the fairly distant horizon, why do I need to build up a store of Crowns to buy DLC?.....

The other bonuses are not worth the sub fee imo!

If we are to believe that ZOS want to get the Consoles up and running BEFORE releasing anymore new content then I may as well just wait until then to review whether I resub or just buy any DLC that is released.

This makes me sad, how did things end up in such a mess? :(
    Edited by freespirit on April 14, 2015 12:38AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    I think they are going to lose money pricing things this high. If these mounts where 5-10 dollars they would probably sell 10 times as many. Perhaps they are planning on doing lots of sales so people feel like they are saving money when they impulse buy stuff at 30% off.
    Edited by Edda on April 14, 2015 12:44AM
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all opinion, people will pay for what they like none of my business how people spend their money. If I see something in the store and I like it enough I will buy it, so far I have seen nothing in the store I want.

i mostly agree but at same time make it affordable would it be better to have it sold for 25$ once in a while or 20 sold in 30 mins for like 8$

I know what you mean but wow made millions off 25 dollar horses, one thing I have learned through the years people will pay crazy prices for entertainment. Not saying it is right or wrong, but just the way it is, I think if the mounts were a bit cheaper they would still make a huge amount of money.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on April 14, 2015 12:56AM
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    25$ for "horse"? Lol, buying some new game for this price will be much better...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what world some of you reside on, but $25 for a MOUNT is A LOT of money. It's especially a lot of money for pixels that do nothing extra beyond CHEAPER pixels.

If I'm going to spend cash on such a mount, it really has to have some sort of advantage over other, less expensive mounts in the Crown Store. The color scheme is just not enough for me to justify the purchase.

Even a 5% speed boost above and beyond every other mount in the store would probably be enough to tip the scales for me.

Right now however, I cannot see a reason to purchase this mount and acquiring it as some sort of status symbol just doesn't appeal to me as a 42yr. old gamer.
    Great. Don't buy it. You're not the type of gamer it's aimed at. There are tons of gamers (myself included) who are perfectly willing to spend that kind of money on a cosmetic item if we like it enough. That's the market this is aimed at, and you should be very pleased that these gamers exist, because they're what will allow ESO to survive if the cosmetic items appeal to enough of them. Without them clearly the game won't survive.

Also, I sincerely hope that the type of mount you would pay $25 for never shows up in ESO, as what you describe is putting an advantage behind a paygate. Maybe a small one, but put enough small advantages behind paygates and a lot of people (myself included) will decide that the game has become P2W and will leave.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Area51Visitor
    Area51Visitor
    ✭✭✭
    Prices are subjective... for me this is my hobby, what I enjoy; I don't mind spending money on mounts, etc.
  • carlos.trevisan.contatonrb19_ESO
    Im happy they have added the cat mount. Ill buy it for sure.
    I dont mind to pay more for acc wide and permanent stuff, ive bought almost all armor skins and the dreugh moroh too.
    What i think its very overpriced its the motif and potions and foods, since these are character only and are consumed on use.

In GW2 ive spend a hefty amount of money buying permanet stuff (perment pass to someplaces, permanent haircut changer, permanent forge acess, etc). I whish they implement that here.

Another things that i will buy a hefty amount of money are:
    1) New Weapon skins acc wide (like crossbows skins for bows, or dwemer guns skins for staves, or Claws skins for melee weapons, or spear skins for two handed). As long these are acc wide and nom consumable

2) a portable store. Like the Daedra Store from Skyrim. This would be pricely

But thats just my opnion
    Sorry for bad grammar. Not from english language country
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with the price of the spotted senche, but I DO have a problem with the limited time availability. That's complete and utter B.S. !
    I said this in another post and I was right. They are targeting the Impulse Spenders with sales tactics like these.

"Oh, buy now while they are available because they won't be next week! And we know we just released new pets last week so almost every one will need to purchase more crowns because they spent just enough to be short of the purchase price, so break out those credit cards like we know you will, you sheep..."
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It`s not that bad it`s only an hours work, or less than an hour on overtime .