The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thinking of doing a new PC BUILD

Upularity
Upularity
✭✭
So I'm thinking of building my own computer but..I was thinking of building a cheap PC build for now then upgrade it later on when I have more money and I was wondering if the Intel pentium g3258 anniversary edition would be any good with the game on ultra/full settings in 1080p would it be okay?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC includes not only central processor.
    Also:
    Motherboard ~120-300$
    Memory modules ~100$
    Video Card - ~250-400$
    PSU(Power Supply Unit) - ~150$
    HDD/SSD. - ~100-300$
    Good gaming processors now starts at Intel Core I5 ~250$

Intel pentium g3258 anniversary edition is a crap among crap.
    It's good for office applications, like MS Word/Excel, but not for gaming.
    Edited by LameoveR on March 30, 2015 9:07PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I built a new PC last fall based around a I5-4690k and it does alright, I also matched it up with a GTX 770 OC. I can run Ultra, but I'm better off with high settings. I would recommend something better than what you're planning.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Upularity
    Upularity
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm thinking of getting a really low-end CPU firstly probably the Intel Pentium G3258 Ann Edition or use a spare Inte i3-3240 and upload it later one I'm just about worried about the CPu but I should be easily able to upgrade from a old PC to something newer later on :open_mouth:
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    PCPartPicker.com is a very good site for both new and experienced computer builders. It helps out with compatibility, cheapest vendors and lets you post a link to your planned build.

Here is my hubby's computer that he got at Christmas --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sZBsP6

“The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Nurmi
    Nurmi
    Edda wrote: »
    PCPartPicker.com is a very good site for both new and experienced computer builders. It helps out with compatibility, cheapest vendors and lets you post a link to your planned build.

Here is my hubby's computer that he got at Christmas --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sZBsP6

Samsung 850 Evo has double random read/write, so no point at taking the Crucial one and save that 10-20$.
    Other than that nothing particular at the build, then its just about that do you feel like going green MSI 970, or the red Sapphire 290X.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really hard to say without an idea as to how much your going to spend on the entire system. CPU/GPU/RAM/SSD is where your going to want to put your money at if your basing your rig off gaming.

You can get by with cheaper/slower RAM but get at least 8gb if not 16gb. Put most of your money in CPU/GPU as motherboards are necessary but you can get by with a $100 or less one. You'll want at least a 240GB SSD to run your OS and ESO decently. Try and get an I5 or I3 for a bare minimum CPU. For Video cards go with a mid range $200 card and you should be good for a while. If you can fork out the cash, get a GTX 970 as they are excellent video cards around $300 and you could run the settings at Ultra for the best graphics.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    As far as graphics cards go the GTX 960 is probably the best if you want very good performance but don't want to spend more then $200. --> http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#X=15557,29756&sort=a8&page=1&c=208

But yeah, we really need to know what kind of budget you have in mind and what parts you already have.
    Edited by Edda on April 5, 2015 1:54AM
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Upularity
    Upularity
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys I think I've made my decision.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LameoveR wrote: »
    PC includes not only central processor.
    Also:
    Motherboard ~120-300$
    Memory modules ~100$
    Video Card - ~250-400$
    PSU(Power Supply Unit) - ~150$
    HDD/SSD. - ~100-300$
    Good gaming processors now starts at Intel Core I5 ~250$

Intel pentium g3258 anniversary edition is a crap among crap.
    It's good for office applications, like MS Word/Excel, but not for gaming.

This is a giant load of BS.

The G3258 is far from crap, at least where ESO is concerned. As an MMO, ESO's CPU performance is generally per-core bound, due to draw call issues. ESO favors stronger cores over more cores. You won't see a ton of difference between an i3 and a G3258 (especially with an easy overclock) in this case, unless cache comes into play.

The G3258 is great for a lot of gaming, but it depends on what you want to play. It starts to show its limitations only in modern games that demand more than two cores. Examples include the Metro series, most poorly-ported Ubisoft games, Crysis 3, etc. Then you have MMOs, Blizzard games, and generally anything that isn't CPU-bound, where the G3258 holds its own against processors that cost 2-6 times as much. These include games like WoW, ESO, StarCraft II, Tomb Raider, Battlefield (maybe less so in MP), and many others. I'd even say Far Cry 4 if it didn't crash on any system less than three cores, due to Ubisoft's stupidity.

If you're on a tight budget, and you don't demand serious performance in modern AAA titles, the G3258 is a really good choice.

Besides that, $120-300 is more than you'll need for a motherboard. You can get a motherboard to support it for 50 USD. That's an ASRock H81 mATX board that supports overclocking on the G3258, and I've seen reports of it allowing at least 1.3v on the CPU, more than enough to hit a high OC.

Memory also costs nothing close to $100. You can get an 8GB kit of HyperX Fury for $65.

Video cards will vary greatly. Money saved elsewhere should be put here.

A good PSU for this system will cost FAR less than $150. There are high quality PSUs by many manufacturers that can be had for $50-80.

HDD / SSD pricing will also vary wildly. You can get a system running for a mere $50 on a 1TB HDD, or run it off of a similarly priced, low-capacity SSD. $100 would get you a boot SSD and a solid HDD for games and mass storage. $300 is absurd for storage if you're on a budget.

This is all assuming we're talking USD. I'm beginning to wonder...
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job