Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

How the heck do you get out of a campaign???

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
A guildie suggested getting together with AD chars to quest in haderus. When I tried to join the campaign, I got the message, "Opposing faction character already assigned to this campaign." I checked my other alts and found that my DC toon was in there as a guest. But I hadn't played that campaign in quite a while, and it's only a 7-day campaign. I understand that if you make a campaign a home campaign that you would reside there, but shouldn't a "guest" expire when the campaign ends? Even if that weren't the case, shouldn't there be an option to leave a campaign if you were in as a guest. For the life of me , I can't find out how to leave a campaign, and now I'm forced to miss a fun time because the controls on this thing are rigid and obscure.
Unless I'm missing something here, this situation is ridiculous and definitely not player-friendly.
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guesting (and removing guest status, etc) is a bit clunky and needs work, but you can get around it as well. Have your guildie jump into Haderus and then you can right click their name and 'travel to player'.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    Guesting (and removing guest status, etc) is a bit clunky and needs work, but you can get around it as well. Have your guildie jump into Haderus and then you can right click their name and 'travel to player'.

Ended up doing that. Thx, Seri.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    port to a friend/guildie in the campaign. This "lock out system" is easily breachable. Its ridiculous that it is in in the first place in my opinion

#Argonianmasterrace
    Edited by Cody on April 13, 2015 3:07AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently there is no way to "Unassign" yourself, although there really should be. You can change your Guest to another Campaign every 3 days though.

To me it seems like a simple enough solution:
    Current Situation:
    • Home Campaign can be changed for 15,000 AP, then you cannot change for 3 days
    • Guest Campaign can be changed once every 3 days
    Simple Solution:
    • "Unassign" Home Campaign for 15,000 AP, cannot choose another campaign for 3 days
    • "Unassign" Guest Campaign for free, cannot choose another for 3 days
    I can see no way for this to be exploited. (At least, not any more that is currently possible anyway by shuffling your characters between campaigns.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally Agree with Enodoc, ive got 7 crafting mule charactes I needed to earn 15k ap on each to get them out of a campain when my guild moved.

Would have prefered to have the ability to totally remove them from all campains (they ar a mix of Pact AD and the blues)
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One work around to unassign your campaign is to move to a non-vet campaign and then level up to veteran ranks.

Also, when you're switching campaigns, if you have a guest campaign set, switch it to your new home campaign first, that way you're not blocking 2 campaigns.

They really need to just add an option to unassign for the 15k ap.
    Edited by badmojo on April 17, 2015 11:12AM
    [DC/NA]