Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB ability Double Take

Sav72
Sav72
✭✭✭✭✭
It is suppose to give you a 20 percent dodge chance, but it looks like its a insta dodge the whole duration. I think its bugged, should take a look into it.
Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried double take cause there are plenty of ways to get Major Expedition already.
    Mirage and Blur both work fine, 1 in 5 chance to dodge.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still get hit all the the time when I'm using it, even when I'm dodge rolling and using that I get hit maybe rng doesn't like me.
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    Get hit pretty much with this buff active, but skill is still buged levels 1-4 give same bonus
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it's definitely not a 100% chance. You probably just came across some insanely good(well bad in your case) rng.
    King of Beasts

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember there are other causes you might see the 'dodge' message when attacking a NB. Namely cloak (even if it is broken instantly, it still makes projectiles already in flight miss) and good old dodge roll(probably the biggest source of dodge messages)
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    The animation for dodging lasts a few seconds, and so it appears as if one is insta-dodging if it happens, say 2-3 times in a 10-12second window.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I tested it with melee, seemed to work as intended, in range there were non stop dodges.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe when your characters movement reaches near lightspeed it's dodge chance increases as well
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is bugged, tested it with a friend, once i Ieleased a arrow shot, he dodge it, and then dodged 4 more shots in a row. Dodge is a 20 percent chance, not 100 percent.

This is why all the NBs are spamming it, makes sense now.
    Savoifair, EP NB

• Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    It is bugged, tested it with a friend, once i Ieleased a arrow shot, he dodge it, and then dodged 4 more shots in a row. Dodge is a 20 percent chance, not 100 percent.

This is why all the NBs are spamming it, makes sense now.

20% dodge plus a minor armor buff for 26 seconds is all the incentive I need to hit a button twice a minute on my otherwise squishy NB.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    'Reading with understanding ...so rare skill today'

For duration of 26 seconds your character have 20% chance to dodge every single incoming hit.
    It means calculation for each incoming strike rolls your dodge chance with 20% bonus.
    Simple.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple.... BUT

Test show you dodge more then 20 percent, on melee its about right, but in range its 100 percent dodge chance.
    Savoifair, EP NB

• Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    Simple.... BUT

Test show you dodge more then 20 percent, on melee its about right, but in range its 100 percent dodge chance.

You don't get it :smile:
    1. Incoming hit
    2. 'Roll' for dodge
    3. Result (let's say) 50%
    4. Adding 20% bonus
    5. Result 70%
    6. Now vs opponent's hit chance
    7. Result: Dodged OR GOT HIT

and it's like that with every single hit coming your way.
    IF you're doing it with range abilities you can dodge a lot because hit chance of mob/boss is decreasing with range

I honestly don't know why people just simply DON'T understand it :smile:
    Would be easier probably to explain on RPG board games mechanics.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea as Seth said, it's a 20% bonus added to your default dodge chance(whatever that is). It doesn't mean that there's only a 20% chance to dodge an attack. If you notice your char will dodge attacks on his/her own occasionally, so the default dodge chance value can't be 0%.
    King of Beasts