Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wow.. we actually need more Campaigns now... i think

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
CD CD CD
CD CD CD
CD CD CD
CD CD CD

lol so many locks.

so much lag everywhere now...
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually no, we need better population spread between alliances. EP are pop locked everywhere but not DC nor even AD.

Agreed on lag though. Must be fixed in onder to keep pvp alive.
    Edited by Kupoking on April 9, 2015 1:09PM
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually no, we need better population spread between alliances. EP are pop locked everywhere but not DC nor even AD.

Agreed on lag though. Must be fixed in onder to keep pvp alive.

have you seen the weekends? NA servers are rarely below poplocked, and always above 2 bars on nearly all the alliances.

at this point more space is needed, or else it will always be a fight against pop locks.

they cant really force us to spread out along the alliances, they cannot give incentives to make a new character, they cant easily create alliance change mechanics. the best thing ZOS can do is increase the number of campaigns.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wont happen. New campains have higher chance to become a buff server. plus, the problem is not about primetime, its about campains having nothing on them during morning/early PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It wont happen. New campains have higher chance to become a buff server. plus, the problem is not about primetime, its about campains having nothing on them during morning/early PM

I can't agree with this statement. If the decision to add more campaigns boils down to giving more people the opportunity to play at peak hours or dealing with the possible creation of a buff server, then the choice is a very easy one to make. Preventing people from playing the game due to pervasive campaign locks is not healthy for the game.
  • MoussOchokola
    250 + people in the waiting line for Thrornblade .... Well that's nice but a bit too much ... really need more campaign ....
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    250 + people in the waiting line for Thrornblade .... Well that's nice but a bit too much ... really need more campaign ....

its not just thorn thats full up these days.

primetime is as others have mentioned, become utterly choked with PvP
  • Maudieu
    Maudieu
    ✭✭
    I wish that there was another 14-day campaign :(
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they reduce pop caps a little bit ago?
  • Ezykil
    Ezykil
    ✭✭
    lawl
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    More Campaigns would = death of PvP, there are too many buff campaigns now.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to FIX THE *** LAG and increase the population caps, while at the same time bringing back forward camps. Perfect.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New campaigns are not needed, as it stands the influx of players has passed and we are now in the stable/decline phase of player base.

We will need new servers once they have fixed server stability issues and fixed the current state of broken vet pvp. And thats because it will allow the hardcore pvpers to actually return from their PvE/BwB phase of life.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not needed they all don't fill up, plus we need to see what we have after console release, there may be a noticeable drop in pc population, in that case they need to remove a campaign or two.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PikkonMG wrote: »

would like to point out that currently, NA servers only have one buff server, owned by EP. the rest are way too unstable to be considered buff servers.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They had a great opportunity to fix and expand PVP after ESO:TU came out and people were coming back to the game. But they are too concerned with the console release and pops are declining again. PC will always take a back seat to console the way things are. PC is like the girl next door that they practiced their moves on and then left in the cold.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    They had a great opportunity to fix and expand PVP after ESO:TU came out
    The opportunity was never that great. The problems with server overload are serious and far-reaching. ZOS have openly admitted that "it's complicated", that "adding more hardware won't help" and that they have problems with "low quality code". They seem to have have painted themselves into a corner with a sequence of bad design decisions and fast hacks that didn't pan out the way they thought they would, and the netcode for the PC version of the game is most likely in dire need of a thorough rewrite. If this rewrite is going to happen or not depends on how many players they estimate will stick with the PC platform. Sadly, I reckon the numbers are not in our favor, and I expect PvP to remain broken on the PC/Mac servers.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a way to keep latency down across the pond, NA could share Cyrodiil with EU, cut costs, and double the servers. But dynamically renaming characters is yet another roadblock.

Could add a couple such high latency campaigns without the AoEs as we've been beating like a dead horse.
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love more campaigns if and only if they all effected eachother. There should be a cumulative scrore and a 90 day leaderboard cross servers.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS have openly admitted ... that they have problems with "low quality code".

I would like to see the source on that. This is the first I have heard that ZOS said it.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see the source on that. This is the first I have heard that ZOS said it.
    Even if it WERE true, no company would admit that because A) it'd be damning as hell and B) it'd be a slap in the face to their employees. I wouldn't want to work for a company that said "Our employees' performance sucks. Any bugs are their fault."

Fact is coding is not magic, nor easy. If it were, there wouldn't be the need for patches, bug fixes, etc. across the board -- not just in games, but in every application. People need to get that into their heads.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Even if it WERE true, no company would admit that because A) it'd be damning as hell and B) it'd be a slap in the face to their employees. I wouldn't want to work for a company that said "Our employees' performance sucks. Any bugs are their fault."

Fact is coding is not magic, nor easy. If it were, there wouldn't be the need for patches, bug fixes, etc. across the board -- not just in games, but in every application. People need to get that into their heads.

I doubt any of us think it's as easy as drawing a stick figure but they keep breaking and not repairing the game and then being evasive and flat out ignoring legitimate questions asked about lag/fps/bugs features. They go out of their way to close or delete any thread that calls them on their bs and then break the game more. It's truly baffling behavior in a purely customer service driven industry.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PikkonMG wrote: »

So increase campaigns and remove buffs.

Or hope a lot of people move to console.
  • cricripetitb16_ESO
    omg... This game needs not more but 1 less campaign so that the player stop running away
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS have openly admitted ... that they have problems with "low quality code".

I tried to find the quote, but I failed. Either my search skills are bad, or they have edited out that statement, or I am just imagining things. My memory is usually very good when it comes to what I have read, but I'm terrible at remembering where i read it, and I can't find a source to support my claim. It might have been a quote from a transcript of an ESO Live session that I read somewhere off this site. Sorry. The part of me that is a scientist and not a gamer is ashamed of my failure to cite a reference here.

The quotes I can find now in this forum are only indirect admissions to problems with the code:
    "We added in some features for Update 6 which we hoped would help, but ultimately did not. This is not a situation where we can just add more hardware."
    "We are looking at the issue from many angles. I certainly didn't mean to imply we couldn't or wouldn't change code to improve performance, but rather that the answer wasn't more hardware."