Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Welcomes Beta Players Back"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "ESO Welcomes Beta Players Back."

Players who participated in the ESO beta but never bought the game will be invited back to Tamriel for free during our Welcome Back Weekend!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! :)
  • agemyth
    agemyth
    And where might I find the game client download in hopes of getting a head start on downloading/patching? Doesn't seem to be anywhere in my account page, but maybe it just isn't up yet. I hope I don't have to wait until tomorrow with my crappy DL speed :)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got it for my old beta account too. Made this one then for release back in the days lol

Its all in the email @agemyth. And enjoy your stay next weekend ;)
    Edited by xMovingTarget on April 8, 2015 3:11PM
  • vtchemeb14_ESO
    agemyth wrote: »
    And where might I find the game client download in hopes of getting a head start on downloading/patching? Doesn't seem to be anywhere in my account page, but maybe it just isn't up yet. I hope I don't have to wait until tomorrow with my crappy DL speed :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I've been clicking on everything on my account page, looking for the download link.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theres indeed no download for you guys. @ZOS_JasonLeavey can you inform the involved about a missing client download link for the welcomers? Just checked. Its not there on my old beta account.
  • agemyth
    agemyth
    Ah, I just got a belated second email with download instructions.
    Navigate to the My Account section and click “Download Game”
    I will just assume someone needs to flip some switches still for that to actually show up on my account page.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad my Beta Monkey is so unique... oh, wait. there's one with a slightly different shade fur coming out.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Theres indeed no download for you guys. @ZOS_JasonLeavey can you inform the involved about a missing client download link for the welcomers? Just checked. Its not there on my old beta account.

We're checking into this now. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    agemyth wrote: »

We just checked your account, and you should be able to see a download link on the account page. Can you check and let us know?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We're checking into this now. :)

Yeah, my account page had no download link a few weeks ago when wanting to install the launcheron an extra ssystem (psijic beta tester and active subscriber from launch thru Oct then (due to RL) Feb thru now).
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    I'm so glad my Beta Monkey is so unique... oh, wait. there's one with a slightly different shade fur coming out.

And my exclusive bristle gut piglet. Oh wait, they're handing them out during this free in game promo like candy, sort of like how they did with the beta monkey after inviting hundreds of thousands of accounts and allowing them to have it too instead of it being a relatively limited closed beta reward. :p.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 8, 2015 3:50PM

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭
    This is not US only, right?
  • riccib16_ESO
    riccib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just got the email, but also have no download link on my account page.
  • lvluffinz
    lvluffinz
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't seen an email either. Was contemplating purchasing it after this B2P model cause I've heard it's changed quite a bit. Would be great to experience that myself.
  • quicken2kb16_ESO
    quicken2kb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I never got an invite and I was in the beta. What should I do?
  • agemyth
    agemyth
    We just checked your account, and you should be able to see a download link on the account page. Can you check and let us know?
    http://puu.sh/h6aT1/f0046cdf51.jpg
    That is what I currently see (and it seems I am not alone).

Thanks for looking into it.
  • gargamel
    gargamel
    ✭✭
    I also do not have a Download Game link.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    While we continue to work out issues with the button, you can click this link for a direct download for the ESO client: http://elderscrolls-a.akamaihd.net/products/BNA_Launcher/Install_ESO.exe
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • riccib16_ESO
    riccib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Can you give the link for mac client please ?
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we continue to work out issues with the button, you can click this link for a direct download for the ESO client: http://elderscrolls-a.akamaihd.net/products/BNA_Launcher/Install_ESO.exe
    And for Mac: http://elderscrolls-a.akamaihd.net/products/BNA_Launcher/Install_ESO.zip
    Edited by Thavie on April 8, 2015 4:15PM
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • agemyth
    agemyth

• riccib16_ESO
    riccib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thavie wrote: »
    And for Mac: http://elderscrolls-a.akamaihd.net/products/BNA_Launcher/Install_ESO.zip

Thanks
  • reguard
    reguard
    Soul Shriven
    Nice to see what Zenimax has been doing to make this game even stronger. Thumbs up for you guys!
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but but.. i never left.

even through the worst of the times the most of a break i took was about a month or so before 1.6
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome.

And I'm not a beta player. :D
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Cherry
    Cherry
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot, guys, but I'm waiting on console release! I participated in the beta because I wanted to help - there's no way this computer can handle ESO on anything but the lowest graphics settings and while I normally don't have a problem with that, Elder Scrolls titles are something different. So I'll see you all in a couple months on the PS4 server :)
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, but please tell me the dungeon lag will be fixed in time for the larger population?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Marko95
    Marko95
    Soul Shriven
    Download button is showing up now, thanks for the chance to try out ESO now, when so much people praise it
    Edited by Marko95 on April 8, 2015 10:25PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry wrote: »
    Thanks a lot, guys, but I'm waiting on console release! I participated in the beta because I wanted to help - there's no way this computer can handle ESO on anything but the lowest graphics settings and while I normally don't have a problem with that, Elder Scrolls titles are something different. So I'll see you all in a couple months on the PS4 server :)

Why not just buy a $400 pc deal instead ? Or throw a gtx 960 in your current machine and call it a day? You'd end up with better graphics and gameplay functions than the ps4 and be able to get in on those delicious steam, greenmangaming, etc deals, without shelling out another $60 annually for just being able to go online, not to mention way lower game costs in general on the pc?

Most modern systems can take a $200 gtx 960 or even a $110 Gtx 750ti which is around the same graphics as a console for half the price and call it a day with how little power they consume. Worst case maybe you buy some extra ram too but you'd still be way ahead compared to a ps4 buy, and a pc does more than just the games to boot. If you want to game on the TV or projector, just use an hdmi cable or any notebook with hdmi then use the free steam in home streaming function to get playing as though you were right on the desktop :). Both the Playstation 4 controller and Xbox 360 pads are well supported on the pc. Not sure if people posting in this way in general (not you in particular) just aren't aware of how far and how easy pc tech has become now or what.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 9, 2015 1:09AM

✭✭
    Give me a sale on Steam version and I'll be back for good.